Leo604

Steam sales

Relevant gif:

R2s9rkU.gif

So I've already burned through ~$25 CAD on Borderlands 2, Payday 2, and now Crusader Kings II. Anyone's paycheck starting to already thin up this week?

Yup, although I tried to limit myself to one game. I finally bought Arkham Knight for PC and I'm happy to report that almost all the bugs seem to have been worked out! I'm about halfway through the game and it only crashed once after I died during one level in the beginning (can't remember which one), but since it saved before the crash, it was no biggie. Highly recommended game! :thumbup:

Origin also has a sale now, so I finally got the Mass Effect trilogy which I hadn't played yet. Shocker, I know. I kinda wanted to get the Star Wars Battlefront season pass, but even on sale it's too expensive for something that should've been included in the main game to begin with. :sadnew:

I wanted to buy Skyrim and Tabletop Simulator for the second time because I think these kind of things are awesome ideas.

But Skyrim was not cheap enough so I could not bother and then I was broke anyway so that was a good thing. The sale wasn't very interesting either since no more daily deals. :sceptic:

Instead I looked at the games I already have and thought: "hey, I'll try that Civilization V I bought about four years ago" ...and now I don't feel like I need more games at this time. Just... few... more... turns.

So I'm looking forward to the next sale.

Skyrim was not cheap enough so I could not bother

I think that was the right decision. It was last year on sale GOTY-edition for under 10 €, which is quite fair for a game half a decade old :wink: I certainly wouldn't recommend spending more on it. Graphically it did age pretty well, but from the storytelling/plot aspect, games like Witcher 3 just do it so much better today.

For myself, I am waiting for GTA V to be reduced to a reasonable price, but this might take till part VI comes out :laugh: And I haven't even finished IV due to annoying loading-freezes.

I rarely buy a game full price anymore. I did this long enough and I can't really be bothered anymore. Ironically, one of the last games I played is "Game Developer Tycoon". Fun little game!

And Civ-games are... seriously addictive! :wink:

But Skyrim was not cheap enough so I could not bother and then I was broke anyway so that was a good thing. The sale wasn't very interesting either since no more daily deals. :sceptic:

Chances are you're better off just waiting for the Special Edition in October; there could even be a sale for that on Black Friday, but I doubt it. Still, you should definitely look into the SE when the time comes, it's still a great game without the remaster.

And Civ-games are... seriously addictive! :wink:

I bought Civ V this morning just because it was so cheap. Help.

I bought Civ V this morning just because it was so cheap. Help.

Now where is the number of that emergency hotline... :wink: