Sign in to follow this  
Franco Clarke

[OL-FB3] Stingray!

A new ship for the Oleon navy sails out of the shipyards! This is Stingray a 2 gunned sloop (I think) with a crew of around 10 men.

27894176865_3c6e25dfcd_z.jpg

Here she is under way alongside the Vif.

27281881624_d2724e5c43_z.jpg

This ship was built as a counterbalance to the imperial flagship, hence the same number of guns and the same sail plan. However, the design is quite different, without such a high stern.

27281870893_42d20fb0b9_z.jpg

27894176475_5dc8d3a05a_z.jpg

A shot into the gun deck. The setup of being able to fit two cannons each side but only 2 in total seems a little odd, did this happen on real ships?

27281881424_3f7ee2d340_z.jpg

I hope you like my ship, I think it is the largest one I've completed so far.

Very nice ship, Franco Clarke, her shape and sail-plan are excellent, and I really like the details - such as the lanterns, gunpowder cask, and figurehead - that you put in there as well! :thumbup: My main piece of advice would be to watch the colors a bit - here they seem to have just run away a bit! pirate_laugh2.gif The white in particular looks a bit out of place, changing that for blue, yellow, or maybe black would have looked a lot more cohesive, or maybe just making the transition from those other colors a little more subtle. Regardless, this has turned out to be a very nice ship, however - keep it up! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you I'm pleased you liked my boat!

Very nice ship, Franco Clarke, her shape and sail-plan are excellent, and I really like the details - such as the lanterns, gunpowder cask, and figurehead - that you put in there as well! :thumbup: My main piece of advice would be to watch the colors a bit - here they seem to have just run away a bit! pirate_laugh2.gif The white in particular looks a bit out of place, changing that for blue, yellow, or maybe black would have looked a lot more cohesive, or maybe just making the transition from those other colors a little more subtle. Regardless, this has turned out to be a very nice ship, however - keep it up! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thanks, The white looks slightly better in person and it helps the ship fit in with my other Oleon warships.