Sign in to follow this  
Konrade

Best place to buy castle minifigs?

Hey everybody I was wondering if anybody knew of some good sites in the US to buy minifig accessories and what not at a decent price. I know of bricklink and toywiz, and of course ebay. Toywiz prices are outrageously expensive, but they do have a large selection. Any help is greatly appreciated!

If you're not interested in buying from BL or ebay, then I would have to suggest findmybrick.com. They've got a very nice selection at fairly reasonable prices. Also, if it's castle minifigures you're looking for, then I would say that a lion or dragon knights' battle pack from S@H is another good way to go.

Hope this helped!

Hey everybody I was wondering if anybody knew of some good sites in the US to buy minifig accessories and what not at a decent price. I know of bricklink and toywiz, and of course ebay. Toywiz prices are outrageously expensive, but they do have a large selection. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Are you wanting to buy minifigs or minifig accessories? Also, from which era (of minifigs) do you want to buy?

I'll speak in terms of minifigs, a fair price would be $2/minifig.

From my experience, the cheapest place to buy is Ebay. However you'll need a little bit of luck and lots of patience to find a good deal. For instant gratification, shop at Bricklink. I know this probably doesn't help much, but there aren't too many options.

Edit:

Also' date=' if it's castle minifigures you're looking for, then I would say that a lion or dragon knights' battle pack from S@H is another good way to go.[/quote']

Great idea, but unfortunately they are sold out. 7949 Prison Carriage is a good alternative.

Edited by Donut

Thanks for the quick replies everybody! I am particularly interested in the fantasy era, but I love all the castle factions. I am looking to buy any accessories and minifigs. I want to add to my army, and I don't have enough of the visored helmets, which are my favorite. I already have plenty of the new kingdoms figures, so those are my last choice at this point.

Thanks for the quick replies everybody! I am particularly interested in the fantasy era, but I love all the castle factions. I am looking to buy any accessories and minifigs. I want to add to my army, and I don't have enough of the visored helmets, which are my favorite. I already have plenty of the new kingdoms figures, so those are my last choice at this point.

Yeah, like Donut said, ebay is your best bet. There used to be a Knights' tic-tac-toe set for fifteen dollars that had quite a few of the silver knights (like the one in the historic themes banner), but that was 2-3 years ago.

Okay, I have been wanting the Spartan minifg for awhile now. Is this a decent price? http://www.findmybrick.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=2627

Also, I'm thinking about ordering a few of these. http://www.findmybrick.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=5763 and http://www.findmybrick.com/product_info.php?cPath=45&products_id=2532

All 3 are really expensive and shipping has not been included into the cost. If these are the minfigs you like, part out the minifig on BL and buy the parts separately on there. The Spartan is a different story since is one of the most coveted fig in the CMF series. I think BL has the cheapest (while not affordable) deal for around $8 per fig. In summary, buy from BL if you're don't want to wait. Good luck!

Edited by Donut

Okay, I have been wanting the Spartan minifg for awhile now. Is this a decent price? http://www.findmybri...roducts_id=2627

Also, I'm thinking about ordering a few of these. http://www.findmybri...roducts_id=5763 and http://www.findmybri...roducts_id=2532

Fifteen USD for a Spartan (even with that undead minifigure he has skewered on his spear) is pretty unreasonable. If you really want one, then I would suggest ebay or Bricklink.

Those are iffy prices for the knights, but the first one is basically a "Lion" knight with long, black hair. I'd say to go with the second one, if only because it has some retired prints in it. If you're not looking only for full figs, then I would suggest you look through their "Headgear and Hair" section. There are a few nice helmets like this, and they're at pretty good prices.

Edited by Captain Tamamono

If you're not interested in buying from BL or ebay, then I would have to suggest findmybrick.com. They've got a very nice selection at fairly reasonable prices.

I checked and 8$ for 1 minifigure called "custom" but really just a combo of parts from different collectable series 4 minifigs (which cost 2$ each) is not a reasonable price. IMHO

For Castle minifigs I would just look for current sets on retail shops, particularly the smaller sets which have, and wait for shop discounts. (Unless you're really really wanting minifigs only and don't want any spare brick)

You can often find castle minifigures in lots sold on shopgoodwill.com. It seems like they come from all different castle themes, but usually the price is a bit cheaper than ebay. They had 2 of the chess sets on auction last week, so you just have to keep watching.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/search/SearchKey.asp?itemTitle=lego&catid=0&sellerID=all&closed=no&minPrice=&maxPrice=&sortBy=itemEndTime&SortOrder=a&showthumbs=on

I checked and 8$ for 1 minifigure called "custom" but really just a combo of parts from different collectable series 4 minifigs (which cost 2$ each) is not a reasonable price. IMHO

For Castle minifigs I would just look for current sets on retail shops, particularly the smaller sets which have, and wait for shop discounts. (Unless you're really really wanting minifigs only and don't want any spare brick)

Findmybrick is a really good place to get individual minifigure parts, but their "custom" minifigures are really overpriced for what you get.

Don't forget for really cool minifig weapons there are Brickarms.com and Brickforge.com. Both sites have custom minifig accessories. Brickforge also has the new centaur torso which is pretty cool.

Happy Bricking!

You can often find castle minifigures in lots sold on shopgoodwill.com. It seems like they come from all different castle themes, but usually the price is a bit cheaper than ebay. They had 2 of the chess sets on auction last week, so you just have to keep watching.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/search/SearchKey.asp?itemTitle=lego&catid=0&sellerID=all&closed=no&minPrice=&maxPrice=&sortBy=itemEndTime&SortOrder=a&showthumbs=on

Oh . . . wow . . . seems like you have to be careful but what great prices. :thumbup:

Oh . . . wow . . . seems like you have to be careful but what great prices. :thumbup:

Yes, the prices can be good but the pictures and descriptions can be lacking.

...if it's castle minifigures you're looking for, then I would say that a lion or dragon knights' battle pack from S@H is another good way to go.

Hope this helped!

Any idea when we will see another battle pack for the Kingdom line?

Any idea when we will see another battle pack for the Kingdom line?

The July sets don't really have very cheap sets with a bunch of knights. The cheapest set Blacksmith Attach (US $10) only has one knight in addition to the blacksmith. The Escape from Dragon Prison is supposed to be US $20 and has 2 Lion Knights and 2 Dragon Knights as well as a Dragon Knight Horse in battle attire. That may be the best of the new sets if you are primarily looking for knight figs.

The July sets don't really have very cheap sets with a bunch of knights. The cheapest set Blacksmith Attach (US $10) only has one knight in addition to the blacksmith. The Escape from Dragon Prison is supposed to be US $20 and has 2 Lion Knights and 2 Dragon Knights as well as a Dragon Knight Horse in battle attire. That may be the best of the new sets if you are primarily looking for knight figs.

That is the direction I am heading. I am looking for a 100 or so to guard a castle that I have plans to start this summer. However, this may be a case where being patient would yield a battle back in the near future. Anyone know if there is a battle pack in the horizon?

I just spent an hour or so looking on bricklink for 50-100 kingdom figs. By time you add armor, weapons and such you are talking $4+ a fig. I will have to wait for a battle packs I guess. If a battle pack does not come out in the next year, I will be picking up a dozen of 7949 and a dozen of 7950.

EDIT: http://www.amazon.com/LEGO%C2%AE-Kingdoms-Outpost-Attack-7948/dp/B003F7TODY/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_c is on sale, mmmm...

Edited by Follows Closely

I just spent an hour or so looking on bricklink for 50-100 kingdom figs. By time you add armor, weapons and such you are talking $4+ a fig. I will have to wait for a battle packs I guess. If a battle pack does not come out in the next year, I will be picking up a dozen of 7949 and a dozen of 7950.

Buying the sets is the way to go as there have been quality issues that were brought up with the battle packs. 7949 is essentially a battle pack (3 figs + horse) and it is cheaper than the SW packs.

Right now, TRU has BOGO half off so look into that if you're interested. Otherwise lay low for a bit and when there's another sale go bananas with purchasing!

I just found 30062 at a local target. They claim to have 250 in stock. During lunch I may have to pick up 40 or so.

Can't believe your Target claim to have so many! Three weeks ago, I went to two Targets stores and found that they were sold out. Perhaps TLC is sending a new shipment.

Can't believe your Target claim to have so many! Three weeks ago, I went to two Targets stores and found that they were sold out. Perhaps TLC is sending a new shipment.

As of last night the Target in Reston VA still had 200 or so.

EDIT: I have seen a few of these sets at multiple Target stores in the area.

Edited by Follows Closely