Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

MOC: Rapid Raider

15752739282_4fba6d65dd_z.jpg

Rudo Villano set out with something a little more robust to take on the rough waters of the river. He wants that extra edge to get to the gold and jewels and grab the choicest loot. With a mount for his machine gun, rivals should think twice to try and cross him.

This is another MOC from my Adventurer's refresh that is a new take on an old set. The Jungle subtheme set River Raft was one of the few Jungle sets I was able to pick up as a child. I built this boat as a raft seemed a trifle flimsy all told.

15566377450_70b92f307c_n.jpg

This Rudo is a brand new build. The old face print was too faded, so I tried to keep with similar looks and expression. The new hat is still black, but not the old style, it struck me as better suited. I stayed with the rough-cut look, though there was nothing exactly like his original torso I thought this one fitted the bill. Printed legs and a new gun make this guy a little more threatening too.

Comments etc appreciated.

Right,This is amazing! Especially the front! You made the front curve perfectly! Keep up the great work.thanks32.gif

Edited by tianweiji

Cheers. :classic:

The front is curved from a couple of plate hinges arrayed to cover the width of the boat hull parts. I am not exactly pleased with the plate at the front, it may be a little over stressed but it worked well and looked good so it will stay.