JopieK

A nice arch

Since I think this would be the best place to ask:

I am trying to get an arch done with a nice masonry pattern like this here as you can see.

Any ideas on how to accomplish that? It is actually for an older style railway station. Using LDD right now to make an initial version.

b.t.w another challenge is that the arch is 8 wide.

This is what I have so far:

station_modular_arch.png

I made an update that is, - I think - a little better:

station_modular_b.png

Still not satisfied though!

he is! but that doesn't explain the technique I'm afraid :(

that is great indeed!!! beautiful MOC b.t.w., I loved lifeboats as a child, having been to England once this reminds me of the Eastbourne lifeboat museum. The SNSM also has nice boats, but the British rule :)

I choosed that MOC because it has nice techniques, and if build on a larger scale, it could looks like an old train hangar :wink:

very scalable indeed! looks very appropriate for an old train building too!

Btw I think masonry techniques don't looks good in LDD, so I'd advise you to do some real brick tests if you can.

I will, but being an engineer I try to make a design to get things started (to get the mental process up and running), also that helps for the bricklink orders of course!

I understand perfectly, until a few weeks ago, I did everything in LDD... But real brick building is sometime full of surprises. That white one in my signature have given me some headaches, while it looked so perfect in LDD :laugh:

Well, I'm not that good yet at masonry, but if I see something I'll tell you. :classic:

Since I think this would be the best place to ask:

I am trying to get an arch done with a nice masonry pattern like this here as you can see.

Any ideas on how to accomplish that? It is actually for an older style railway station. Using LDD right now to make an initial version.

b.t.w another challenge is that the arch is 8 wide.

This is what I have so far:

station_modular_arch.png

I made an update that is, - I think - a little better:

station_modular_b.png

Still not satisfied though!

With the tiles on the slope itself, try slanting them so it seems like they go with the slope.

https://www.flickr.c...with/8105087181

Check out this guys flikr if you haven't already, he is absolutely amazing at masonry

Wow, that guy has amazing MOCs and is amazing with buildings, I feel a bit jealous to be honest! :blush:

You already master the tiles on bricks with studs on side technique :wink:

7387689288_07a5ab0485.jpgThe Old Lifeboat Station by - Derfel Cadarn -, on Flickr

If you look at this arch, you can see he used 1x2 plates with a 1x1 slope pushed on the underside of the slope part. That's something that you can't do in LDD.

Not only is the architecture amazing but the colors and the environment put it together!