alexsplanet

The Best Stop Motion Build of Sydney Opera House On Youtube.

Hi Friends,

I tried to make the best stop motion animation of Building Sydney Opera House on Youtube. Do you like it?

Edited by alexsplanet

Nicely done video.

I've been thinking for a long while of one day building a Lego model of a ship I worked on while in the UK Merchant Navy.

Seeing your video has made me think about buying this set and one day recreating this photo of that ship sailing past the Sidney Opera House.

Euplecta%20Sydney%20Opera%20House.jpg

Not sure how feasible it'd be bearing in mind the scale but it'd be nice to give it a go.

Nicely done video.

I've been thinking for a long while of one day building a Lego model of a ship I worked on while in the UK Merchant Navy.

Seeing your video has made me think about buying this set and one day recreating this photo of that ship sailing past the Sidney Opera House.

Euplecta%20Sydney%20Opera%20House.jpg

Not sure how feasible it'd be bearing in mind the scale but it'd be nice to give it a go.

Cool idea!

The animation was smooth but the movement of the baseplate was kind of all over the place.

I don't know what capture software you use but if you plan on making more animations like this I recommend you purchase Dragon Stopmotion. It has onion skinning which is an incredibly helpful tool for that kind of situation.

Also, the camera was rather shaky and the fades from one shot to another took me out of the video. If you're going to do something like this, in my opinion, just make it one straight shot. I've built big sets such as the grand emporium and managed to animate/build it all in one take and moving the camera rather than locking it down and not moving gets boring after the first 20 seconds. I get that the baseplate moves but if you get some camera movement in there you'll keep the audience engaged.

Just some food for thought.