Sign in to follow this  
Infernum

B/A: Gorroz Spider

The Gorroz Spider is a large, yet harmless spider. Its large size is enough to scare off most predators, as well as tourists. It has been found to be tamable, and has been used to carry passengers, goods, or pull carts.

dscn0178.jpg

dscn0179.jpg

dscn0180.jpg

dscn0182.jpg

Putting his six eyes to good use.

These animals might be harmless in the wild, but when infected by a brain slug they grow deadly claws, fearsome pincers, and a dangerous stinger....

dscn0195.jpg

dscn0197.jpg

dscn0198.jpg

dscn0201.jpg

The slug has made itself right at home...

dscn0202.jpg

Well that's it! Finally cleared up enough to get some pictures, just in time too! Well, I really love both forms. I wanted to make another spider after figuring out I left out two legs on my CHI spider. :laugh: .

I love the body construction, it remains unchanged between the two forms. With my HoM entry I got a lot of comments saying he didn't look Hero Factory-like. So with this I went almost entirely Hero Factory. I really love the fact I was able to integrate the slug so well.

So I decided it'd be cool if a spider grew claws and a stinger and became a scorpion. Cool, but not exactly realistic. :laugh: . Well it seemed kinda like something LEGO would do, so I went with the idea. Well, hope you like how he (or she) turned out! :sweet:

Killer!

NPU of the Core Hunter head as a spider head!

Also 8 legs!One of the few times that has been done except for 6.

The after form is more scorpion than spider, but IMO it doesn't matter.

Also great job of finding a mask to fit the brain slug!

Nice integration of the slug,one of the few times it wasn't just slapped on and is used great.Just like me...:p

Great Moc And Good Luck Infernum!:)

Man those things look creepy! The face on the spider reminds of those robot things from the Matrix movies. You sure it's harmless with those fangs? :tongue: Well done :classic:

I love how it's a spider that becomes a scorpion =P (that's okay, they're both arachnids).

Very cool creation!

The body is very tight and solid (in both cases), which is good; as with any all-black creation, some of the definition gets a little lost, so I might have liked to see some color accents on the transformation, but it's good regardless. The transformed version, especially, does a lot of neat things in construction, like the brain attachment (which hearkens back to Dragon Bolt) and the fangs on the Arachnix head.

The lobster claws (sorry, they just remind me more of a lobster =P) are also tops, and use some pretty sweet construction. That you keep the original body as a base is really cool, since it definitely exemplifies what this contest is about. Another fine entry in this field.

You know I'm starting to think what if you had included some teal/azure bones into this moc, might've made it look cooler in some ways.

Killer!

NPU of the Core Hunter head as a spider head!

Also 8 legs!One of the few times that has been done except for 6.

The after form is more scorpion than spider, but IMO it doesn't matter.

Also great job of finding a mask to fit the brain slug!

Nice integration of the slug,one of the few times it wasn't just slapped on and is used great.Just like me...:p

Great Moc And Good Luck Infernum!:)

Thanks! Yeah, it took a while to find a mask that fit the MOC and the slug could fit under. But I think it was worth it. :classic:

Man those things look creepy! The face on the spider reminds of those robot things from the Matrix movies. You sure it's harmless with those fangs? :tongue: Well done :classic:

It all depends on how many votes I get. :laugh: . Thanks!

I love how it's a spider that becomes a scorpion =P (that's okay, they're both arachnids).

Very cool creation!

The body is very tight and solid (in both cases), which is good; as with any all-black creation, some of the definition gets a little lost, so I might have liked to see some color accents on the transformation, but it's good regardless. The transformed version, especially, does a lot of neat things in construction, like the brain attachment (which hearkens back to Dragon Bolt) and the fangs on the Arachnix head.

The lobster claws (sorry, they just remind me more of a lobster =P) are also tops, and use some pretty sweet construction. That you keep the original body as a base is really cool, since it definitely exemplifies what this contest is about. Another fine entry in this field.

Thanks Dorek! Ha, ha! The claws reminded me of a lobster too when I was building them. :grin:

You know I'm starting to think what if you had included some teal/azure bones into this moc, might've made it look cooler in some ways.

Teal? That would have been pretty cool. Or maybe some light trans-blue to fit the slug? I wish I hadn't taken the infected MOC apart already, but I needed the bones for my Bio-cup entry.

Whoever thought I'd think the Core Hunter helmet could be used for a creature so cute?

The spider's description, being used to pull around carts etc. reminds me of the days of Bionicle with the Ussal Crabs.

It could very easily pass for a Bionicle creature as well, despite being made entirely of HF-system parts.

I like what you did for the abdomen, and I'd really like to know how you filled in all those eye holes.

It is a bit simple, and hard to see a little with all that black, but I like it.

Then it transforms into a giant-scorpion beast with lobster claws. Pass the butter.

I can't believe how simple the change is. Switch out the little pincers for the giant claws, give it a new head, the Brain,and the tail, and BOOM! New form. Like the use of the Chima wing there on the tail as the blade, and the little spikey things on the back as well. Blue is a great contrasting color for the black bodied beastie, and the brain head fits in well with the Arachnix head piece.

I really like how this turned out, and I wish ya luck in the competition! I think you'll go far with this!

This is my favorite MOC in the entire contest. The original isn't too exciting, but the after form is utterly perfect.