Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafstraw Manor - Chapter 4

Mr. Baker. You have a knife. Jimmy was stabbed. You were the first person to find Jimmy's corpse.

Care to explain yourself?

*coughcough, Mr. Baker*

*coughcough, Mr. Baker*

Oh, right.

I CONFESS! I killed what's-his-name! After standing in the hall trying to talk to that witch Florence, I bashed Morrison in the head with a barrel and then ran, willy-nilly down the hall until I found what's-his-name and I stabbed him with my knife, the one I so sneakily procured without anyone knowing except everyone who saw me do it, which was basically all of you.

Why did I do it? Because I'm crazy! CRAZY I TELL YOU! :wacko:

*pulls out his knife* Shouldn't I have gotten rid of this already? Oh well, no matter. Father, if you would be so kind as to pull out your gun, I guess we're going to have to kill all of them and make our escape, assuming we can ever find the rest of the treasure.

Let's go! :devil:

*walks over to whatever passes for furniture in this place and sits down, laughing his damn head off at the stupidity of the people around him*

...Okay. I would like to knock Baker out. I know it's cruel to do that to such an obviously mentally damaged wacko, but he just confessed to killing Jimmy.

...Okay. I would like to knock Baker out. I know it's cruel to do that to such an obviously mentally damaged wacko, but he just confessed to killing Jimmy.

*shakes his knife in Amelia's general direction* That'll be quite close enough now, you just stay back, one of you loons is a killer... and I know which one!

*stands suddenly*

Yes, that's right, one of you miscalculated and I saw the whole thing as I returned to my room after my less-than-thrilling encounter with Mme. Florence. You see, I have not always been a lawyer, oh no, but I am quite familiar with law and order, I used to watch it in repeats at 4pm on channel 14. Wait. What was I saying?

Oh yes, I remember now... I saw the guilty party return to his room after the dirty deed (done dirt cheap, no doubt). A thorough search of the rooms will find the bloody knife, and I would suggest that the party do that, but first, I'd like to go through those crates again, I think we've missed something.

*bends down and picks up a small object from the floor* Fascinating! *quickly shoves it in his pocket*

Shall we get started?

Erm, I have a gun because I'm a cop. Ooh! Scary!

And I would like to knock out what's-his-face (Baker?). I can say that I was going to inspect Mme. Florance last night, and that I did get knocked out by this wacko. Lynch! Lynch! Lynch!

Also, I'm going to say that I'll probably be killed tonight, now that you were all stupid enough to search me and reveal my secrets. :hmpf:

So, I'll let you all in on a little something. I have all of your criminal records, yes, but I also received a ripped piece of paper with all of the visitors on it. However, the list did not include Father Clerance or Amelia. What does this mean? Were these two purposely ripped off, or did no one know?

Now, I'd like to search Baker's room.

Erm, I have a gun because I'm a cop. Ooh! Scary!

Had a gun. Not anymore. Brought it to a fun little weekend, now people are dying but you're certainly not stopping it.

And I would like to knock out what's-his-face (Baker?). I can say that I was going to inspect Mme. Florance last night, and that I did get knocked out by this wacko. Lynch! Lynch! Lynch!

Oh really? You were going to 'inspect' her? No wonder she seemed so excited by your arrival, she doesn't appear to have been 'inspected' in years. :laugh:

Perhaps you could use this. :wink:

Also, I'm going to say that I'll probably be killed tonight, now that you were all stupid enough to search me and reveal my secrets. :hmpf:

Wah wah wah, poor you, the big bad crooked cop is in danger. If you get killed, it'll probably be someone trying to find where you've hidden the treasure, at least you didn't try to deny that.

So, I'll let you all in on a little something. I have all of your criminal records, yes

Sounds like you were planning a little blackmail attempt. Why don't you tell us all what is in those records?

, but I also received a ripped piece of paper with all of the visitors on it. However, the list did not include Father Clerance or Amelia. What does this mean? Were these two purposely ripped off, or did no one know?

Interesting that you would claim this, given that I know that Amelia was invited to take a break and visit. On the other hand, the Professor was invited under completely false pretenses by a fictional person to receive a non-existent award and must be wondering why he is here as much as I am wondering why my presence was desired.

Now, I'd like to search Baker's room.

Fine with me, but I'll be watching you, so don't try planting any evidence. :hmpf_bad:

Had a gun. Not anymore. Brought it to a fun little weekend, now people are dying but you're certainly not stopping it.

And you are? As far as I'm concerned, you're just a crazy detective who's trying to get the so-called treasure of this manor.

Wah wah wah, poor you, the big bad crooked cop is in danger. If you get killed, it'll probably be someone trying to find where you've hidden the treasure, at least you didn't try to deny that.

Was I ever accused of having treasure? :wacko: You have a ruby right? Sure, you could say you happened to find it in my pockets (what were your hands doing there, anyway?), but the more likely story is that you made it up. I was never aware of a ruby in my pocket, unless I just looked into a mirror and wished it to be there.

Sounds like you were planning a little blackmail attempt. Why don't you tell us all what is in those records?

Why don't you just see for yourself? You've already invaded my privacy and endangered my life, why stop there?

Last night I found that Florence has no criminal record in the U.S., so I went to her room to try and get some more answers, when you bashed me over the head for no reason.

Fine with me, but I'll be watching you, so don't try planting any evidence. :hmpf_bad:

Just like you claimed to have found the ruby in my pocket? :hmpf_bad:

And you are? As far as I'm concerned, you're just a crazy detective who's trying to get the so-called treasure of this manor.

I'm a lawyer, everyone knows that. :hmpf:

Matter of fact, it was while observing trials that I have seen you defending people who were clearly guilty, in direct opposition to your duty. There is no question that you are on the take, a tool of the mob and generally crooked, it's just a matter of determining what you have planned for your little visit here.

Was I ever accused of having treasure? :wacko: You have a ruby right? Sure, you could say you happened to find it in my pockets (what were your hands doing there, anyway?), but the more likely story is that you made it up. I was never aware of a ruby in my pocket, unless I just looked into a mirror and wished it to be there.

Since I picked it up after it fell out of your pocket when I hit you with the barrel, I think you have some explaining to do. Please feel free to read back and see exactly what I said for yourself.

Trying to misdirect that by claiming I picked your pocket only confirms you did in fact have it, and that you're desperate to throw attention on me.

Why don't you just see for yourself? You've already invaded my privacy and endangered my life, why stop there?

I was sort of hoping that the voice in the sky would fill that in. Let's all read the records!

Last night I found that Florence has no criminal record in the U.S., so I went to her room to try and get some more answers, when you bashed me over the head for no reason.

Oh, I don't know about that no reason thing.

Just like you claimed to have found the ruby in my pocket? :hmpf_bad:

Give up the lie. Let it go. Just let it go. You've already admitted that it was in your pocket, now tell us why.

Lawyer, detective, whatever... you're very nosy either way.

Matter of fact, it was while observing trials that I have seen you defending people who were clearly guilty, in direct opposition to your duty. There is no question that you are on the take, a tool of the mob and generally crooked, it's just a matter of determining what you have planned for your little visit here.

What trials? I don't remember having a trial in court with you. I'm a cop, not a "lawyer".

Since I picked it up after it fell out of your pocket when I hit you with the barrel, I think you have some explaining to do. Please feel free to read back and see exactly what I said for yourself.

Me? Explain? Why, I already have. I never had a ruby, or any treasure for that matter. Third time I've said this now.

Trying to misdirect that by claiming I picked your pocket only confirms you did in fact have it, and that you're desperate to throw attention on me.

Throw attention on you? You're the one who assaulted me and then accused me of wrong-doing. I'm just stating the facts I know are true instead of throwing out lies like you are, right now.

Oh, I don't know about that no reason thing.

You really did have a good reason? Amazing! Please share!

Give up the lie. Let it go. Just let it go. You've already admitted that it was in your pocket, now tell us why.

What lie? You lied about finding a ruby in my pocket. I never admitted to anything, either, unless I'm mistaken by my own words. :wacko: How about you tell us why you have a ruby in the first place, from me or not, and why you are trying to blame it on me? You already had an outburst, which is more than enough to say that you are crazy, and a liar.

Now that is interesting. A crooked cop is not to be relied on, for he has sinned in the sight of our Lord. It makes me fear what his real motives are for being here at this gathering...

I can testify to this, I was down the hall a way and saw Mr. Baker here hit the Chief with the barrel. As the chief went down the ruby came flying out of his pocket, and Mr. Baker picked it up off the floor. After examining it, we were making our way back here when we cam across the body of the late Jimmy Thatcher, may the Lord have mercy on his departed soul.

This situation is certainly getting us all a little wound up. Why don't we all go for some hot drinks, and discuss this matter further? :classic: We need to get to the bottom of this before more of us are killed...

We need to get to the bottom of this before more of us are killed...

Like me.

How can you say that you saw a ruby come out of my pocket? I am absolutely sure that I never had such a thing.

Fine, kill me. You'll be losing a chance to get to the bottom of this, since I can investigate people. Oh, but I suppose that doesn't matter since you seem to think that mindlessly killing innocent people is a much better way to solve things.

So why am I here, I wasn't even invited by letter and I lived in a cycle of eat, drink, sleep. No job nothing.

How can you say that you saw a ruby come out of my pocket? I am absolutely sure that I never had such a thing.

And I'm absolutely sure you did, otherwise how could I and Mr. Baker have seen it my good sir? I think it unlikely I am being duped here, the Lord ensures that my eyesight is very good.

Fine, kill me. You'll be losing a chance to get to the bottom of this, since I can investigate people. Oh, but I suppose that doesn't matter since you seem to think that mindlessly killing innocent people is a much better way to solve things.

Err, this isn't like one of those reality Radio Mafia games where people vote to lynch each other! :laugh: This is the real world my good sir, and unlike the cops, we are normal civilians who aren't prone to wanton killing when we suspect someone is playing foul. Rather, we discuss things in a civilized fashion, although it would appear there is someone here who enjoys killing... :look:

Or this emerald I found over here on the floor? Right, sure.

Blah blah blah, nobody is trying to kill you. I said kill everyone but it was just a figure of speech, so don't play the martyr. :hmpf:

So why am I here, I wasn't even invited by letter and I lived in a cycle of eat, drink, sleep. No job nothing.

A good question. :look:

Wait I suspected I was invited here by Clarance and Thomas, I knew you were dangerous but who invited me then.

Hmm... Interesting. Shut up, Baker. Calm down, it's not like anybody is going to butcher us all yet because it's only Chapter 4 because he wouldn't stand a chance.

Its a shame Jimmy died. :sadnew:

Since the person who hit Morrison with a barrel was just bothering Madame Florance a few minutes before, and Baker has admitted to being that person, would you care to explain what you wanted from her?

It seems that you, Baker, knocked on her door, then a few minutes later Morrison did, and you hit him with a barrel, finding a ruby. You later found and emerald, apparently. Would you care to tell us who invited you here, and who tipped you off about the treasure?

Its a shame Jimmy died. :sadnew:

Since the person who hit Morrison with a barrel was just bothering Madame Florance a few minutes before, and Baker has admitted to being that person, would you care to explain what you wanted from her?

It seems that you, Baker, knocked on her door, then a few minutes later Morrison did, and you hit him with a barrel, finding a ruby. You later found and emerald, apparently. Would you care to tell us who invited you here, and who tipped you off about the treasure?

Interesting points. You are correct, he did knock on the door first. I told hi to go away. He did, but then Morrison knocked on the door, so I was going to let him in. But Thomas tried to sneak in. :hmpf_bad: Then he "finds" the ruby. (probably Baker planted the evidence.)

As I have already stated, I was going there to see what she was up to after the tea drugging incident of the night before, and now it appears to have been with good reason.

It seems that you, Baker, knocked on her door, then a few minutes later Morrison did, and you hit him with a barrel

Wow, thank you for that brilliant recap of the obvious, Columbo. I already said all that. :hmpf:

Would you care to tell us who invited you here, and who tipped you off about the treasure?

I received my invitation from Lord Faisser who promised an "extended weekend of fun and games." Not knowing the chap except by reputation (which I'll admit, isn't sparkling), I did some research before coming and that's how I learned of the treasure, it's part of the history of this manor. I sort of hoped that his idea of fun and games would be a treasure hunt. Obviously, at least one person came here planning a little treasure hunt of his own. Seems to have brought his gun along to the party in case things didn't go so well, I guess.

Interesting points. You are correct, he did knock on the door first. I told hi to go away. He did, but then Morrison knocked on the door, so I was going to let him in. But Thomas tried to sneak in. :hmpf_bad: Then he "finds" the ruby. (probably Baker planted the evidence.)

Nice try, but only the sort of lie that an accomplice to the crooked cop would tell. As you may recall, the good Father witnessed the whole thing including the ruby falling out of your dear friend's pocket. Please try to at least coordinate your lies with the truth a little or no one will ever believe a word you say, though I can't imagine why they would anyway given your history. :hmpf_bad:

Oh, and before officer crookedpants tries to claim he was going to investigate Mme. Florence, I'll just announce that he's lying. No cop, even a crooked one, would wander around a house at night intending to meet a potential suspect without his gun at least in his pocket. No, he was going to visit a friend, a friend who has already resorted to drugging people and throwing wild accusations that attempt to discredit a man of the cloth.

Shame on you, witch! :angry:

Wow, thank you for that brilliant recap of the obvious, Columbo. I already said all that. :hmpf:

Don't insult me. :hmpf_bad:

I am inclined to believe you, however, because your points make sense, particularly that Morrison would not go looking for a suspect without his gun, and Florance has always seemed suspicious to me because of the whole poisoned-tea incident. So, right now:

I would like to search through Florance's room. If we really don't find anything there, then we can start barking up Baker's tree.

I am not happy being near any of you anymore. Clarance give me the gun or myself, Florance and Arthranhart will take you down. YES THEY HAVE AGREED THEY WILL DO IT.

I am not happy being near any of you anymore. Clarance give me the gun or myself, Florance and Arthranhart will take you down. YES THEY HAVE AGREED THEY WILL DO IT.

Yeah, hand over the gun Clarance. We don't want any more trouble from you or from Baker.

Don't insult me. :hmpf_bad:

I am inclined to believe you, however, because your points make sense, particularly that Morrison would not go looking for a suspect without his gun, and Florance has always seemed suspicious to me because of the whole poisoned-tea incident. So, right now:

I would like to search through Florance's room. If we really don't find anything there, then we can start barking up Baker's tree.

Go ahead. You won't find anything out of the ordinary there. I'd like to open the door to my room so Johnson can search it.

Calm down, son. We don't want any trouble. Clarence, do not give him the gun. I've always thought Athranhart was suspicious and Florance as well. So don't give in and hand it over, please.

Calm down, son. We don't want any trouble. Clarence, do not give him the gun. I've always thought Athranhart was suspicious and Florance as well. So don't give in and hand it over, please.

Oh really? More suspicous than Mr. Bloodsucker Lawyer over here and the goon Father? :hmpf_bad: We're taking the gun. Period. Whether you like it or not. God, I hope this dosen't become a knife fight. :hmpf: