The Kid

Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

:-D

Forgot to add something there, hewkii? (The day is missing from the televised date) ;-)

Oh, and The Sun has the generic plot of the Christmas special [spoiler warning]:

"The season spectacular ends on a sad note when Kylie [Minogue]... spins off into space in a strange "half-form" of herself.

The special is set on board the Titanic, which has become a spaceship run by arch-baddie Max Capricorn. The Doctor stows away on board and teams up with feisty waitress Astrid Peth, played by Aussie Kylie. Together the pair must save the Earth from mad Max's evil intentions. But they snatch a chance to get smoochy*.

The special ends with a stunning scene in which the Titanic falls from the sky and looks like crashing on Buckingham Palace."

*The article is mainly about the Doctor and Kylie kissing. ;-)

TK

Brainbox, I just happen to have another tidbit that might interest you on that;

From the Sun-

Doctor Who legend Peter Davison is to step back into the Tardis

Looks like crashing on Buckingham Palace? As in it doesn't? As in it does?

And Astrid Peth...an anagram of The P Tardis? Now P is fairly close alphabetically to R...now what Time Ladies do we know whose names begin with R?

ASTRID IS ROMANA!

But there was a 'The' in there...

ASTRID IS THE RANI!

Edited by hewkii9

Ok you Brits... when's the newest episode air today over there? (As in, how many hours from, your post).

I need to know when to start searching for it's torrent over here in the USA. X-D

Saw that Peter Davidson short... it was a little bit on the megablocks-grabbing, passing of the torch side... but it was nice seeing Doctor #5 again.

Lol, aside from him being pudgy, was not his celery EXTREMELY over-sized?

I swear I don't remember it being that large lol.

You'd think so wouldn't you? But a few years ago, for the 40th anniversary, Radio Times did a special pullout celebration. This was before the new (Ninth) Doctor was announced, and Alan Rickman was voted as one of the top choices. I forget who the others were (I think Anthony Head may have been there), but I'll have a look later, see if I can find it.

Bill Nighy was a favourite to play the 9th actually.on his wiki page

Lol, aside from him being pudgy, was not his celery EXTREMELY over-sized?

I swear I don't remember it being that large lol.

Put it down to a distortion of time due to the temporal flux of two incarnations of the same being and two TARDISes existing at roughly the same point in time.

Actually, that sounded quite convincing...

EDIT: Oops, almost forgot, Series 4 trailer aired after Voyage of the Damned last night.

Right, first, the blonde woman with the glasses. When she's brandishing the Sonic Screwdriver, is that the Doctor's or... her own. The Rani?

The two eyes at the end I'm guessing belong to a Sontaran.

Giant wasps... *shivers*

And those soldiers with the red berets, they're UNIT right? I'm sure they are. Cool.

Edited by Brainbox

I was pleased to see that the christmas episode wasn't as cookie-cutter as the other ones.

Hopefully this also means that the episodes in the new series won't all correlate with the previous season's episodes. The "patternization" of the first 3 seasons really blew, especially since they had to FORCE the Daleks into a sub-par 2-parter just because the Cyberman did in season 2, and the other Daleks in season 1.

Also hopefully, they'll drop the Bad Wolf, Torchwood, Mr.Saxon pattern of foreshadowing the first 3 seasons were subjected to. It seemed really juvenile to me.

Anyway, I like this episode. The ending wasn't all that happy, and despite it being about the Titanic, you find it wasn't a crappy scifi cliche' of having YOUR main characters barge in to retell a widely known event in history.

I guess what I'm saying is, I liked the non-predictability of it all.

Here's to hoping the 4th season follows suit.

I watched the Christmas speacial (So glad Mr.Copper survived) and the trailer for the new series looked good (I'm only a reasont fan so most of what you say is jiberish to me). I am a fan of 'The Catherine Tate Show', and a little dissapoitent that shes not playing Nan, or Burnie or Lauran but the trailer made me laugh 'Why you calling Miss? Do I look like I'm single!'-Or summat like that!

Edited by professor flitwick

Also hopefully, they'll drop the Bad Wolf, Torchwood, Mr.Saxon pattern of foreshadowing the first 3 seasons were subjected to. It seemed really juvenile to me.

Well, I think it was said that Bernard Cribbins' character, Wilfred Mott, will be a recurring character throughout the series.

apparently the blonde with the screwdriver is the humanoid form of the tardis i don't know how that works but...

Interesting. Where did you get that from, might I ask?

And I suppose it could happen. Maybe the Chameleon circuit springs to life, and the TARDIS gets locked in a human disguise mode. Or maybe the 'heart'/eye of harmony/artron energy power source gets transferred to a human host.

So, we know we're getting Pompeii, Agatha Christie and Sontarans (not at the same time, though). And we've seen the wasps, and some soldiers who might be UNIT. But, how's this for new:

The Sun is reporting that the "Doctor-lite" episode of Series Four is going to be "Doctor-less". According to the article, Rose, Martha and Donna take the TARDIS controls after an accident leaves the Doctor lost in space during an alien invasion.

The article's source adds:

just found this snipet:

"By the Doctor's fourth incarnation, mobile, walking humanoid TARDISes existed."

"By his eighth incarnation, TARDISes with full sentience existed, capable of looking completely indistinguishable from a near-Human."

the blondey may be one of these...

steel...

Saw a brand new traier for this in the cinema today (Cloverfield).

Showed Catherine Tate mainly talking to an old man, saying "He's out there. I'm gonna find him." and general stuff like that. Also showed the Ood, Killer Bees, Martha covered in oil (?) and Rose. Oh, and the Sontarons (I think, I'm not sure what they are).

I'm hoping it will be on YouTube soon.

TK

My friend and I were saying to each other that she will without a doubt manage to squeeze in a "am a bovvered?" somewhere in the series.

"You are an enemy of the daleks, you shall be EXTERMINATED!"

"am a bovvered?"

I bet any money ;-)

If the Daleks then exterminat her then I wont mind ;) I'm glad I not alone though in wanting something that doesn't include aliens.

I'm glad I not alone though in wanting something that doesn't include aliens.

I'm sure there's gonna be a episode set in Pompeii this series. :-)

http://www.sylvestermccoy.com/

I think I'll keep Sylvester's site away from my wife.

It'll ruin the fun for her (of Rose returning) to know as much as they put on there.

Of course, she'll probably go searching for it all on her own anyway once the new season kicks in.

Hey wait... is it this week?

On a side note, that K9 Adventures kiddy show (made by megablocking DISNEY?!?!?!?) really seems like it's going to be a large quantity of rabbit feces.

Also, LOL at what Doctor Who MIGHT have become.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../16/nwho116.xml

A guy having an LSD trip in an invisible flying saucer while trying to undo the future because he hates scientists and inventors who erase the past?

Brainbox I won’t deny it'll be nice to for once have a companion who isn’t in love with the Doctor from the first second, though if the writers will be able to avoid having them fall in love with each other for the entire season, I’ll wait and see.

JINZONINGEN 73 that Telegraph article is very interesting thanks for posting that, for myself I think there might be a television series in it, it’s a very British scifi idea being rather depressing and looking for something you can’t find.

That's exactly what I hate about American movies.

The "hero" ALWAYS has to have a love interest... to bring in the girlfriends to the theater.

The Batman series was ridiculous for this... first movie... Vivki Vale... second movie... he's banging Selina Kyle, etc etc.

Tripe. Absolute crap.

I want a season of Doctor Who where he either: A. Doesn't act in pain because he's falling for another chick. B. He stays strong with his love for Rose / gets back with her.

I know he's all "lonely" now, but geez... these last three Doctors sure seem to have a hard time keeping it in their pants. It's like all the teenage testosterone missing from the previous Doctors got injected into the last three.

Enough already lol.

Make me "care" about something different than just who he wants to bang.

Saw the new trailer the other day. Nothing much new really, although this and the recent series of Torchwood seems to suggest that UNIT is a bit more, well, bad-megablocks than it ever used to be. Must be the name change (Unified Intelligence Taskforce).

And the new series is confirmed to be starting at 6:20 on Saturday 5th April.

I seem to rmemeber reading the there were some novels where UNIT went rouge and the UN objected so then the name was changed.

The acronym is the same, but it now stands for Unified Intelligence Taskforce. I think the UN objected in real life. It's now a worldwide thing, rather than a UN-only thing. It still does essentially the same job though.

The Radio Times for next week (which arrived yesterday) had its customary 14-page new series section. The titles of all but one of the episodes have been revealed, along with a few other bits of info.

Spoilers may be present:

1. Partners in Crime with Sarah Lancashire as sinister businesswoman Miss Foster, and the Adipose, possibly the cutest DW monster ever.

2. The Fires of Pompeii

3. Planet of the Ood where The Doctor discovers what made the Ood a servant race.

4. & 5. The Sontaran Stratagem/ The Poison Sky. Martha returns, as does UNIT. The Sontarans are lead by one General Staal.

6. The Doctor's Daughter Apparantly starring Georgia Moffet (Peter Davison's daughter) as the titular character. Very little is known about this episode, only that it's promised to shake our faith in the Whoniverse.

7. The Unicorn and the Wasp. The Agatha Christie episode. It looks at a period of a few weeks where Agatha Chrisite really disappeared, and returned with no memory of what happened. Something to do with giant alien wasps apparantly... Look out also for lots of Agatha Christie titles in the dialogue.

8. & 9. Silence in the Library/River's Run. These are Stephen Moffats episodes, so no doubt they're 'the scary ones' this series. It's set in an abandoned library, and fetures the Nodes and the Data Ghost.

10. Midnight. A trip to the leisure planet Midnight, and a character played by Patrick Troughton's son, David. It's turning into a 'children of the Doctor' reunion...

11. Turn Left. Donna's story arc starts to come to a close, as her life, family and world lie devastated. And only a mysteriopus girl from a parallel universe can help her, a girl thought lost forever...

12. & 13. TBA/ Journey's End. Who are the Children of Time? What is the secret of the Vault? Will everyone get out alive..? The axction takes place on a "truly epic" scale, with the whiole universe placed in danger, as an old enemy is resurrected.

I'll post more if I realise I've missed anything, as this was done partly from memory.

That's exactly what I hate about American movies.

The "hero" ALWAYS has to have a love interest... to bring in the girlfriends to the theater.

This reminds me of a yahtzee rant about it:

let's go on a magical journey through the power of our imaginations. Let's pretend that we're on a female-dominated parallel Earth. For centuries men have been downtrodden, but in recent years the masculinist movement has brought something approximating to equality. In the alternative Hollywood, the big fat cigar-chomping women sitting around the meeting table are allowing a young writer to pitch her idea for a summer blockbuster.

"Here's the idea," says she. "It's a two hour film about a joyless professional woman discovering the importance of spending time with her stay-at-home husband and children, with lots of romance, kissing, and serious discussion about menstruation."

"Sounds good to me," says one of the execs. "But stick a gunfight in somewhere, SO THAT MEN WILL WANT TO SEE IT."

It's a stupid idea, isn't it?

OT: I'm looking forward to the new who series, after series 2 of Tourchwood was actually rather good.