@ Kierna: What happens when you download the older Microsoft Access 2003 from this webpage? Maybe there is something about the newer version of MS Access that is incompatible with LDD Manager....

I don't think so, at least not with newer versions of Acces. I've used LDD Manager with Acces 2007 and 2010 and I had never problems. So, maybe his Acces is corrupt, and you just need to reinstall Acces?

I tried that 2003 version from the google docs link first, then tried the 2007 version. Both allow meto open LDD manager, but as soon as I click the "import model, review bricks colors" (etc, the top one) it crashes with the run time error. Strangely, it did open once.

It sucks, I really want to get my bricklink wanted list set up. i dont want to compile the list manualy :s

@ Kierna: What happens when you download the older Microsoft Access 2003 from this webpage? Maybe there is something about the newer version of MS Access that is incompatible with LDD Manager....

No, there shouldn't be. LDD Manager works fine with all versions of Access (at least as far as I know...otherwise I'm sure a lot of people would have complained).

@Kierna: can you reinstall MS Office 2007 and see if that helps?

@Superkalle,

I write a few days back that I was having problems importing a ldd file to LDD Manager and now I can tell you that it's not only that ldd, now I have two different files.

On select the import option the program allows me to select the ldx file and then it crashes and leaves ldd manager and the .mdb file corrupted, it doesn't allow me to start the program again until I delete the .mdb and use the one from the 110.zip file.

I'll try to share the second one (the first is not mine and I don't have permission to share it) using the pm feature on the forum as you suggested on the other thread.

New version added today, 1.11.

Only "news" is that it is updated to fully support brickset 835.4 and that all BrickLink data is update as well.

If you allready have LDD Manager installed, you will get an automatic notification next time you start it.

If you want to manually download anyway, do it here

I've made a few more mini custom sets that I would like to order pieces for. I installed LDD Manager on a laptop of mine so that I could order pieces "on the go", however it won't open. Every time I attempt to open LDD manager with my Access 2010, it reads the following error :

"This database was created with the 32-bit version of Microsoft Access. Please open it with the 32-bit version of Microsoft Access"

I'm not the most tech savvy person around, so after messing around with it for awhile I've finally admitted defeat and would appreciate any help you all have to offer!

I've tried uninstalling the 64 bit and installing the 32 bit, but every time I try and install the 32 bit it tells me that there is a part of the 64 bit I still have not uninstalled.

If you all need any more information, let me know.

Thanks all!

Regards,

Sam

Edited by samiam391

Hi Sam

As you noticed, LDD Manager only works with 32-bit version of Office. Actually, Microsoft themselves recommends 32-bit office and not 64-bit, so it's not a bad choice to do what you are trying to do.

Now, about your problem. First, follow this guide to downgrade to 32-bit.

If you still have a problem after this, can you please post here the more exact errors (the part where it tells you 64-bit has not been uninstalled).

I am getting an error from the google site and unable to download the ldd manager file.

Yeah, Google seems to be having some problems with Google Drive at the moment. If it doesn't clear up in a day or two, I'll post a backup copy somewhere else.

I am also getting an error from Google drive... If you could get this file working again it would be greatly appreciated!! Also could you notify me in some way if you do get it working again that would be great!

I could finally build my Lego bulk freighter!

Thanks in advance

~DK

I am also getting an error from Google drive... If you could get this file working again it would be greatly appreciated!! Also could you notify me in some way if you do get it working again that would be great!

I could finally build my Lego bulk freighter!

Thanks in advance

~DK

That's odd. I just tried it, and it works fine. Can you have a look again.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B9Ysf2u0fN8pbzcwVmxWSWthdFE/edit?pli=1

I have downloaded Mircosoft access 2003 from the link on front page and downloaded and unzipped LDD manager and placed the folder in my documents, when I click on StartLDDManager a box comes up with the following message "Please wait while Windows configures Mircosoft Office Access Runtime 2003" then a bar goes across below and then nothing happens?

Any advice on what to do. I am using Windows XP.

I have downloaded Mircosoft access 2003 from the link on front page and downloaded and unzipped LDD manager and placed the folder in my documents, when I click on StartLDDManager a box comes up with the following message "Please wait while Windows configures Mircosoft Office Access Runtime 2003" then a bar goes across below and then nothing happens?

Do you have any other version of Access or Office installed on your computer? The message typically appears when you have multiple versions.

Also, if you have another version of Access/Office installed, you don't need to use the Runtime - it's only intended those that doesn't have Access at all.

Nope I have nothing installed and my installed programmes shows only the one version on my add/removed programmes is there away of checking?

I had it installed before but did a recovery on my pc that reverts back to the original version so I re-installed it.

@ Bricksan: If you just want to get a Bill of Materials, you could open LDD and go to File --> Export BOM. You will get a simple Excel spreadsheet (with images of the needed parts). That LDD feature is NOT AS GOOD as LDD Manager, but it will suffice you while troubleshooting Access 2003 Runtime....

Edited by DLuders

OK, just so I get it right:

1) You installed the Access 2003 runtime. And there is no other Access version on your computer. Is there any other Office version?

2) You have unzipped the content of LDDManager.zip to a folder that is read/write.

3) You double click StartLDDManager.vbs - no response (other then Please wait while Windows configures....)

Correct so far?

Some things to try then:

a) What happens if you try to run the LDDManager.mdb-file. Does it work?

b) I attached a very simple Access mdb-file. Can you download it and see if it works to open it.

db1.zip

Maybe you should use the Acces 2010 runtime? It's a lot more space than the 2003 version though... :sceptic:

Be sure to use the 32 bit version, because LDD manager only works with 32 bit!

I am using Windows XP.

@ Bricksan: As legolijntje mentioned, if LDD Manager only works with 32-bit Operating Systems, is your Windows XP operating on 64-bit?

Edited by DLuders

@legolijntje - I haven't tested with Access 2010 runtime, so that's why I don't recommend it. I've only tested with 2003 runtime. Besides, there really shouldn't be any problem with the 2003 runtime (unless there is another version of Access installed).

@Dluders - No, that's not correct. LDD Manager will work on all versions of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8 - 32 and 64 bit). However it will not work with Office 64-bit (which is still a quite rare version of Office - not even MS themselmves recommend people to use it due to compatibility issues).

My thought at the moment is that Bricksan is having some other odd issue that I'm trying to troubleshoot. But thanks for the suggestions guys :classic:

To catch up I don't use mircosoft office as a rule and don't have any office product other that the access.

OK, just so I get it right:

1) You installed the Access 2003 runtime. And there is no other Access version on your computer. Is there any other Office version?

2) You have unzipped the content of LDDManager.zip to a folder that is read/write.

3) You double click StartLDDManager.vbs - no response (other then Please wait while Windows configures....)

Correct so far?

Some things to try then:

a) What happens if you try to run the LDDManager.mdb-file. Does it work?

b) I attached a very simple Access mdb-file. Can you download it and see if it works to open it.

So to answer your questions it is a 32 bit XP and never had an issue till I did a system recovery

1) No

2) I just unzipped so yep as far as I am aware

3) correct

a) Nope same message

b) Same message

@legolijntje - I haven't tested with Access 2010 runtime, so that's why I don't recommend it. I've only tested with 2003 runtime. Besides, there really shouldn't be any problem with the 2003 runtime (unless there is another version of Access installed).

I'm using the normal Access 2010, so I think the runtime 2010 should work too (at least in theory...).