Flare

Heroica RPG - Quest #42: The Meaning Of It All

"Sounds fine by me. Just watch out for those free hits. Wouldn't want you going down."

"Actually, here is a thought:

Monk Pretzel: Repeat Attack

Erdathcath: Throws Fire Bomb (or other bomb) if Demon Frog A has 3 health remaining, otherwise attacks Evil Frog A.

Adam: Repeats attack unless Demon Frog B has already left battle, in which case he targets Magic Red Viper

Erdathcath: Attacks Evil Frog B"

"You can see what you think about this. If I land a hit the Demonic Frog will be down to 3 health and then you can take it out with a bomb. The other frogg will flee in that case, which would enable us to have fewer free hits against us. Feel free to play around with this.

Battle Round Seven:

Monk Pretzel vs. Demon Frog A - Shield: Miracle

>Erdy vs. Evil Frog A - Hit / Special Guard

Adam vs. Demon Frog B - Special Damage

>Erdy vs. Evil Frog B - Shield: Roots of Life / Damage

Green Viper B - Free Hit on Pretzel - 1 damage

Green Viper C - Free Hit on Erdy - 4 damage

Green Viper D - Free Hit on Adam - 6 damage

Magic Red Viper - Free Hit on Erdy - 6 damage

Pretzel, praying to cause harm to his enemy, is misunderstood by whichever god he was praying to and instead receives a miracle of healing to the party, easily healing the party to full health. The evil frog is hit by Erdy with 54 damage. Adam trips and tries to grab the demon frog on his way down. The frog croaks loudly, and a third Demon Frog joins the battle. Erdy heals all party members but they are already at full health. Free hits: 1 damage to Pretzel, 10 damage to Erdy, 6 damage to Adam.

The battle wears on.

Enemies:

demonfrog.jpg

Demon-Frog A

Type: Vermin, Demon

Level: 16

Health: 91/306

Special I:
Rancorous Ribbit
- The demon-frog ribbits a powerful ribbit and confuses the target for three rounds.

Special II:
Savage Summon
- Summons another Demon-Frog to join the battle.

Special III:
Creepy Croak
- The demon-frog gives a mighty croak, and doubles his health, at the loss of 5 health from each party member.

Drops: Demon-Frog Essence, Paralyzing Venom

Note: If one demon-frog is defeated, the other one flees the battle. Specials #1 & #2 alternate as long as his health is above 50, otherwise special #3 occurs.

demonfrog.jpg

Demon-Frog B

Level: 15

Health: 232/325

Special I:
Rancorous Ribbit
- The demon-frog ribbits a powerful ribbit and confuses the target for three rounds.

Special II:
Savage Summon

Special III:
Creepy Croak
- The demon-frog gives a mighty croak, and doubles his health, at the loss of 5 health from each party member.

Note: If one demon-frog is defeated, the other one flees the battle. Specials #1 & #2 alternate as long as his health is above 50, otherwise special #3 occurs.

demonfrog.jpg

Demon-Frog C

Level: 14

Health: 312/312

Special I:
Rancorous Ribbit

Special II:
Savage Summon

Special III:
Creepy Croak

evilfrog.jpg

Evil Frog A

Type: Vermin

Level: 8

Health: 17/71

Special:
Curse of the Evil Frog
- Calls another Evil Frog to join the battle and 50/50 chance causes cursed-effect to the target.

Drops: Paralyzing Venom

evilfrog.jpg

Evil Frog B

Level: 9

Health: 30/82

Special:
Curse of the Evil Frog
- Calls another Evil Frog to join the battle and 50/50 chance causes cursed-effect to the target.

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper B

Level: 6

Health: 51/51

Special:
Poisonous Bite
– Causes 3 damage and the poisoned-effect to the target.

Drops: Venom

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper C

Level: 7

Health: 59/59

Special:
Poisonous Bite

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper D

Health: 55/55

Special:
Poisonous Bite

red_snake.jpg

Magic Red Viper

Level: 11

Health: 123/123

Defense: 2

Special:
Heal and Summon
- Heals all battle members (enemies and party members) with 3 health, and invites another enemy to join the battle.

Drops: Grand Tonic, Grand Potion, Magic Viper Skin

Party:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel

Level 12 Cleric
*encouraged*

Power:

Defense: 5

Health: 21/22

Ether: 17/20

Gold: 122

Equipment: Staff of Malbert (WP:10,
Light-Elemental
), Tricorn (Artifact; SP:3), Ethereal Cloak (Artifact; SP:2, Max Ether +4)

Inventory: Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy, Soma, Phoenix Essence, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, 3 Gold Bars, Magic Shovel
(will always find
something
when used, limited to three uses per quest)

7658311678_af277ff22a_t.jpg

Erdathcath Madilinas
*party leader*

Level 17.5 Druid
*lucky*
*hastened*
*encouraged*

Power:

Health: 21/31

Ether: 18/20

Gold: 452

Equipment: Tritech Handcannon (WP:10), Satchel of Awesomeness (bodywear, causes
lucky
effect), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify)

Inventory: Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle), Helmet (+1 max. health), 6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 1 Smelling Salts, 12 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Fire Bomb, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Ruby, The Piece of Dirt That Changed The Universe, Bronze Statue

adam.jpg

Adam
(NPC - controlled by The_Customizer)

Level 21 Berserker
*encouraged*

Power:

Health: 34/40

Gold: 0

Equipment: Regular Standard Ordinary Sword (WP:9)

Inventory: nothing

Party leader, please choose battle order. And both of you choose your actions (and remember to choose Adam's actions too, please).

Possible battle order and actions:

Monk Pretzel: Repeat Attack

Erdathcath: Throws Fire Bomb (or other bomb) if Demon Frog A has 3 health remaining, otherwise attacks Demon Frog C?

Adam: Repeats attack unless Demon Frog B has already left battle, in which case he targets Magic Red Viper

Erdathcath: Attacks Evil Frog B

I think we should try this, elf. We need to pray for victory, but hopefully this may work out for us if all goes well.

Right now, we need to focus our fire on Demon Frog A, if we can kill him quickly the other 2 will flee, making the battle much easier.

Of course, if he doesn't die instantly, we are in a lot of trouble. We'll just have to risk it.

Battle Order

Erdathcath Attacks Demon Frog A

Monk (Choose your attack, probably demon frog A, or evil frog.)

Adam has to repeat attack.

Erdathcath Attack Demon Frog A

Edited by The_Customizer

Put me first in the battle order. If I land a critical hit it would reduce Demon Frog A to 3 health and then you can finish him off with a bomb to ensure his death. If I don't land a hit though, then by all means go for him.

Battle Round Eight:

Monk Pretzel vs. Demon Frog A - Critical Hit

>Erdy vs. Evil Frog A - Special Guard / Hit

Adam vs. Evil Frog B - Defended Damage

>Erdy vs. Magic Red Viper - Shield: Roots of Life / Hit

Green Viper B - Free Hit on Pretzel - 1 damage

Green Viper C - Free Hit on Erdy - 4 damage

Green Viper D - Free Hit on Adam - 6 damage

Pretzel knocks out Demon Frog A. The other two demon frogs, seeing that their compatriot had been slain, flee in terror. All that remain are a few measly frogs and snakes. Erdy attacks Evil Frog with 54 damage and defeats the wicked amphibian. Adam then switches his attack to Evil Frog B, who attacks Adam causing 8 damage. Erdy then nutures the party back to full health. After the free hits, Pretzel loses 1 health, Erdy loses 4 health, and Adam loses 6 health.

Enemies:

evilfrog.jpg

Evil Frog B

Level: 9

Health: 30/82

Special:
Curse of the Evil Frog

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper B

Health: 51/51

Special:
Poisonous Bite

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper C

Special:
Poisonous Bite

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper D

Special:
Poisonous Bite

red_snake.jpg

Magic Red Viper

Special:
Heal and Summon
- Heals all battle members (enemies and party members) with 3 health, and invites another enemy to join the battle.

Party:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel

Level 12 Cleric
*encouraged*

Power:

Light-Elemental

Inventory: Cross (Nimbus Broomstick; Ranged; WP: 5), Grand Potion (2), Potion (2), Tonic, Grand Tonic (2), Remedy, Soma, Phoenix Essence, Deadly Venom, Smoke Bomb, Holy Bomb, Commerz Cannonball, Scroll of Sealing, Shovel, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, 3 Gold Bars, Magic Shovel
(will always find
something

Erdathcath Madilinas
*party leader*

Level 17.5 Druid
*lucky*
*hastened*
*encouraged*

Power:

Health: 27/31

lucky

Inventory: Longbow (WP:7), Quick bow (WP: 6, Suitable to rangers, provides hastened effect for one round each battle), Helmet (+1 max. health), 6 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 3 Mead, 1 Smelling Salts, 12 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Floral Bombs, 2 Ice Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Fire Bomb, 3 Smoke Bombs, 2 Water Bombs, 2 Holy Bomb, Bone, skeleton decoy, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Saber teeth, Scroll of Weakening, Ruby, The Piece of Dirt That Changed The Universe, Bronze Statue

adam.jpg

Adam

Level 21 Berserker
*encouraged*

Power:

Health: 34/40

Party leader, please choose battle order. And both of you choose your actions (and remember to choose Adam's actions too, please).

Edited by Flare

My critical hit should have killed the demon frog since I am using a light-imbued weapon. Thus Erdathcath's hit should have gone against one of the other enemies.

"Great job all! Keep up. We've taken down the evil black frogs now we have nothing left but the annoying pests."

Fixed. And fixed something else. OK I think everything is good now :grin:

Edited by Flare

I attack Green Viper C from the Front Row. So Adam, any memories of your past life you'd like to share in the heat of battle? Any fascinating conquests you have to tell us of? What about you, Erdathcath? How many quests have you been on thus far? Or have I asked you that before? :wacko:

Put me first in the battle order. I can take a free hit."

I attack Green Viper C from the Front Row. So Adam, any memories of your past life you'd like to share in the heat of battle? Any fascinating conquests you have to tell us of? What about you, Erdathcath? How many quests have you been on thus far? Or have I asked you that before? :wacko:

Put me first in the battle order. I can take a free hit."

adam.jpg

"I think it would be much easier for me to tell you my story once we finish this battle... A story of my past I have, fascinating conquests not so much. Its quite a pitiful story to be honest with you, Monk."

I have not done much in quests, or battles of history, though what I have done, well now is not the time to share. :wink:

Men, we have done good thus far, it is time to finish this battle, and remove these foul pests from the face of the earth.

Battle Order

Erdathcath attacks Magic Red Viper

Monk Pretzal

Adam Attacks Green Viper B

Erdathcath attacks Evil Frog B

Go ahead and do auto-rolling, just to hurry up and end the battle. Stop if one of us gets below half-health

"I do forget sometimes that not everyone has a fancy for telling tales in the midst of battle. I used to do it all the time, but then often the fighting would end and everyone would end up listening to my stories. I've not exactly had good chance on my side with these last couple of quests though. This one I've only fought against raving maniacs and demon-possessed reptiles and amphibians and last quest it was just a bunch of mindless, trundling critters. Big ones, mind you, and powerful too...some of them, but still, not the kind who will sit and listen to a good tale too readily."

"Sorry, Erdy, but Adam seems intent on continuing his attack on Evil Frog B, so I suggest you take Green Viper B since you also can finish him at once. You can put me first in the battle order since my cloak will cover me from most of their attacks. I will receive less damage fighting from the front row then you would fighting from the back."

Thank you Monk, I nearly forgot how intent Adam is on destroying that frog. :blush:

I shall now update the battle order.

Battle Order

Monk Pretzel

Adam Attacks Evil Frog B

Erdathcath Attacks Magic Red Viper

Erdathcath Attacks Green Viper B

Battle Round Nine:

Monk Pretzel vs. Green Viper C - Damage

Adam vs. Evil Frog B - Furious Hit

>Erdy vs. Magic Red Viper - Special Guard / Special Guard

>Erdy vs. Green Viper B - Special Guard / Critical Hit

Green Viper D - Free Hit on Monk - 1 damage

Pretzel jumps at the viper but is bitten on the leg by the foul snake - he is damaged with a loss of 2 health. Adam hits Evil Frog B with a hit of 60 damage, killing the amphibian. Erdy is taken by surprise by the Magic Red Viper, who heals all battle members with 3 health, but also invites an additional viper to join the battle. Green Viper E has joined the battle. To make up for it, Erdy kills another one of the annoying vipers, Green Viper B. Green Viper D hits Monk Pretzel with 1 damage (free hit). The epic battle continues!

Enemies:

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper C

Special:
Poisonous Bite

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper D

Special:
Poisonous Bite

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper E

Level: 8

Health: 49/49

Special:
Poisonous Bite

red_snake.jpg

Magic Red Viper

Special:
Heal and Summon

Party:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel

Level 12 Cleric
*encouraged*

Power:

Light-Elemental

(will always find
something

Erdathcath Madilinas
*party leader*

Level 17.5 Druid
*lucky*
*hastened*
*encouraged*

Power:

Health: 30/31

lucky

adam.jpg

Adam

Level 21 Berserker
*encouraged*

Power:

Health: 37/40

"Adam, take down Green Viper C, you should be able to slice him in half easily in one blow. Erdathcath, take on the other two Green Vipers, I'll attack the Magic Red Viper from the Front Row!"

Not a bad idea Monk, it seems you are becoming better and better at fighting!

Battle Order

Erdathcath attacks Green Viper D

Adam Attacks Green Viper C

Monk Pretzel

Erdathcath Attacks Green Viper E

I raise my eyebrow at the suspiciously offensive comment.

I say nothing.

Battle Round Ten:

>Erdy vs. Green Viper D - Hit / Hit

Adam vs. Green Viper C - Extra Critical Furious Hit

Monk Pretzel vs. Magic Red Viper - Hit

>Erdy vs. Green Viper E - Critical Hit / Damage

Erdathcath hits Green Viper D with a hit of 54 damage - it almost kills the dastardly snake, but it remains in the battle with 1 health left. Adam mutilates Green Viper C with a blow of 96 damage. Monk, trying to keep up with Adam's awesomeness level, hits the Magic Red Viper with 44 damage. Erdy kills Green Viper E with a blow of 74 damage.

Enemies:

green_snake.jpg

Green Viper D

Health: 1/55

Special:
Poisonous Bite

red_snake.jpg

Magic Red Viper

Health: 79/123

Special:
Heal and Summon

Party:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel

Level 12 Cleric
*encouraged*

Power:

Light-Elemental

(will always find
something

Erdathcath Madilinas
*party leader*

Level 17.5 Druid
*lucky*
*hastened*
*encouraged*

Power:

Health: 30/31

lucky

adam.jpg

Adam

Level 21 Berserker
*encouraged*

Power:

Health: 37/40

I'll just autoroll, this battle is almost finished so no point in wasting time.

Battle Round Eleven:

>Erdy vs. Green Viper D - Shield: Roots of Life / Aim

Adam vs. Green Viper D - Defended Counter

Monk Pretzel vs. Magic Red Viper - Hit

>Erdy vs. Magic Red Viper - Damage / Shield: Roots of Life

Erdathcath annoyingly nutures the party back to full health instead of killing her intended target. The viper jumps and bites at Adam, inflicting 6 damage, but is then countered by Adam and killed with a blow of 9 damage. Monk Pretzel hits the Magic Red Viper causing 44 damage. Erdy, to the growing annoyance of Pretzel and Adam, trys to heal them all but realizes a bit too late that she already did that at the beginning of the turn, and that they are already at full health.

Enemies:

red_snake.jpg

Magic Red Viper

Health: 35/123

Special:
Heal and Summon

Party:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel

Level 12 Cleric
*encouraged*

Power:

Health: 22/22

Light-Elemental

(will always find
something

Erdathcath Madilinas
*party leader*

Level 17.5 Druid
*lucky*
*hastened*
*encouraged*

Power:

Health: 31/31

lucky

adam.jpg

Adam

Level 21 Berserker
*encouraged*

Power:

Health: 40/40

Battle Round Twelve:

>Erdy vs. Magic Red Viper - Damage / Hit

Adam vs. Magic Red Viper -

Monk Pretzel vs. Magic Red Viper -

>Erdy vs. Magic Red Viper -

Erdathcath finally finishes the battle when she kills the Magic Red Viper with a hit of 54 damage. Woohoo!

The battle is victorious!

Party:

untitled-15.png

Monk Pretzel

Level 12.5 Cleric

Power: 22

Health: 22/22

Light-Elemental

(will always find
something

Erdathcath Madilinas
*party leader*

Level 18 Druid
*lucky*
*immune to petrify*

Power: 28

Health: 32/32

Ether: 19/21

lucky

adam.jpg

Adam

Level 21 1/3 Berserker

Power: 30

Health: 40/40

Loot:

demon-frog-essence.jpg Demon Frog Essence - 1x - If inhaled it grants the user the power to attack always with darkness and the ability to speak with all creatures and demons. Not recommended to inhale, because it is a necessary item for Dr. Trice. Essence floats around making snippy comments unless bottled.

6881559506_0d94c7f111_t.jpg Paralyzing Venom - 3x - Use on a weapon to make it cause the Paralyzed-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. Paralyzed enemies are unable to deal free hits.

heroica-venom.jpg Venom - 5x

heroica-grandtonic.jpg Grand Tonic - 1x

heroica-grandpotion.jpg Grand Potion - 1x

snake_skin.jpg Magic Viper Skin - 1x - (artifact, accessory, heals 1 health to wearer each round of battle, unless knocked out)

Edited by Flare

"Not particularly. I have a hard time seeing myself rubbing venom on my cross, but sometimes we must do what we must do. I suggest you take the Magic Viper Skin or give it to Adam since I won't be able to equip it anyway. Is that Snake Eye Charm of yours an artifact. If not, then you can equip all three, if it is then I suggest you give one of them to Adam for the duration of the quest. By all means, take the Grand Tonic, since I don't think you have one. Also, you can give the Grand Potion to Adam as well. We should keep the Venoms for ourselves in my opinion, especially the Paralyzing ones because Adam's inability to switch targets during a fight would render the venoms wasted if we gave them to him. I just saw now how many venoms you have on you. I suppose I shall take the five normal venoms in that case and we can see how we distribute the Paralyzing ones.

My suggestion:

Adam: Grand Potion

Monk Pretzel: Venom (5), Paralyzing Venom (1-2)

Erdathcath: Grand Tonic, Magic Viper Skin, Paralyzing Venom (1-2)

I don't know who should hold onto the Demon Frog Essence. It's wierd stuff, I tell you. I wouldn't mind storing it in my cart if I weren't so sure that it would defile it. I say don't touch it with a 10-foot long staff."

Ok, considering that I have been collecting venom for a while :blush: I would like a couple of those. and I don't believe Adam can use anything he holds.

Loot division.

Monk: 2 Paralyzing Venom, 2 Venom, Grand Potion, Magic Viper Skin

Erdathcath: 3 Venom, 1 Paralyzing Venom, Grand Tonic, Demon Frog Essence.

Any idea where we could get an empty bottle to contain the Demon Frog Essence?

Ok, considering that I have been collecting venom for a while :blush: I would like a couple of those. and I don't believe Adam can use anything he holds.

Loot division.

Monk: 2 Paralyzing Venom, 2 Venom, Grand Potion, Magic Viper Skin

Erdathcath: 3 Venom, 1 Paralyzing Venom, Grand Tonic, Demon Frog Essence.

Any idea where we could get an empty bottle to contain the Demon Frog Essence?

Adam picks up an empty bottle at the side of the battle grounds, he hands it to Erdy silently.

Thank you Adam!

Erdathcath pours the Essence into the empty bottle and places it into her backpack.

She then calls for Eunice, and asks him to select and bring another hero from the Hall. Someone who is fairly high in skill, and preferably a strong fighter.

:blush: I thought that since you had so many you wouldn't want more...ah well!