CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I actually like the Daily Bugle set but disappointed with The Bat and The Tumbler set :cry_sad: . But luckily I still have the Black Tumbler set from 2008. I am still going to pick up The Bat set for the figures.

Well it looks like Gordon has a dual sided head, that's a plus (Check the box art to the other pic). The DKR set is very underwhelming though. The Tumbler has 0 intimidation factor, and The Bat just looks...weird. At this stage I'll be hard pressed to fork out for that set (Especially given Arkham's price) but knowing me I'll cave once it's actually out. I see myself converting The Bat into a plain Sci-Fi ship tho, doesn't look all that Batmanny in lego

I think that both of these sets are pretty terrible. The plane in the Bugle set, the Bat, the Tumbler... Come on LEGO, you can do better! The only redeemable features of these sets are the minifigs and the tiles that make up JJJ's face on the wall.

I bet the designers of the Tumbler/Bat set had a massive challenge to get two models from a movie line to fit in with the price bracket they were given. Naturally the sacrifice would be the piece count. We were spoiled with that awesome Tumbler from 2008.

Bah both the sets are disapointing,seriously expect from the upcoming arkham asylum set most of the super hero sets are cheap,the bulding or the vehicles only the minifigs are worh the prizes and its even more disapointing because I'm comic fan and lego is unfair on desigh the sets so cheap and lazy.

Bah both the sets are disapointing,seriously expect from the upcoming arkham asylum set most of the super hero sets are cheap,the bulding or the vehicles only the minifigs are worh the prizes and its even more disapointing because I'm comic fan and lego is unfair on desigh the sets so cheap and lazy.

I wouldn't say that LEGO has been lazy here at all. Though I do admit that the sets may be weak, I would say that is due more to fairly low price points than laziness. If they were lazy, I doubt we would have details like JJJ's screen or a furnished interior to the DBC. Though the Bat and Tumbler may not be very detailed, (especially the Tumbler) I still stand by what I said about how they are pretty good representations at a small scale.

I wouldn't say that LEGO has been lazy here at all. Though I do admit that the sets may be weak, I would say that is due more to fairly low price points than laziness. If they were lazy, I doubt we would have details like JJJ's screen or a furnished interior to the DBC. Though the Bat and Tumbler may not be very detailed, (especially the Tumbler) I still stand by what I said about how they are pretty good representations at a small scale.

As you said and as I was trying to say the sets dont have such a big detail and thats disapointing and makes me not to buy the sets at all. Edited by LOTR343

As you said and as I was trying to say the sets dont have such a big detail and thats disapointing and makes me not to buy the sets at all.

Okay, but that's not what I get out of you saying that they were lazily and cheaply done. I'd rather have a decently sized set with only necessary detail than an undersized one with superfluous detail myself though.

The tumbler, BAT, and Dr. Doom's jet are so ugly! Now I know LEGO could have done better than that!

But as I'm a completionist I'll be getting those sets. :blush:

When will they release pics for Spider Cycle chase (It's now renamed, used to be called Hunting with Spider Cycle) and Batman.vs.Mr.Freeze - Aquaman on ice.

When will they release pics for Spider Cycle chase (It's now renamed, used to be called Hunting with Spider Cycle) and Batman.vs.Mr.Freeze - Aquaman on ice.

Rumor is Saturday. The Bat and Bugle weren't "supposed" to be shown until then, so maybe all four willbe officially shown then.

I am reading the LEGO Batman visual dictionary, and the old Batboat set had 188 pieces and it was amazing (I was lucky to get it) even though the Bugle and Tumbler are not very good I still have high hopes that the Batboat (despite it's size) will be a good set. And thanks Drock for the info.

Edited by Jackattack7

I'm holding out hope for it too. If its the one from this years video game, I'll be pleased.

I'm holding out hope for it too. If its the one from this years video game, I'll be pleased.

Hulk_Smash said it was like it, just without the proportions.

I hope for a good batboat. But the NYCC press release said they will reveal one DC set and one Marvel, so basically the Bat and Bugle are the sets to be revealed.

Lego has a nasty habit of often putting random colored blocks in their creations. I thought it was mostly gone but apparently this random blue stuff means it's still here.

Also keep in mind that an all-black Bat would be tremendously unphotogenic, and would certainly not have extremely good shelf appeal. Note that all the Batman vehicles have some accent color, usually Bright Yellow. I think Bright Blue is a much better choice in this set because it maintains a certain level of "darkness" to the design and adds another level of contrast with the Tumbler.

In general, I think this set is pretty good given the target age range and price point. The Tumbler and Bat are tremendously complex designs in TDKR, and most MOCs I've seen either are too big, too complex for young builders to build without frustration, or both. Brent Waller's is probably the main exception that still fits a minifigure, and I imagine that's the sort of scale TLG would have gone for if they had chosen to aim for a higher price point or smaller opposing vehicle. Even then, it has its flaws-- I imagine playtesters would have been disappointed that it doesn't have windscreens that Batman/Bane can actually see through, hence the probable reason for the set version's inaccurate windscreen design.

I hope for a good batboat. But the NYCC press release said they will reveal one DC set and one Marvel, so basically the Bat and Bugle are the sets to be revealed.

Bummer. Thanks

Lego has a nasty habit of often putting random colored blocks in their creations. I thought it was mostly gone but apparently this random blue stuff means it's still here.

Nope. In fact, the inside of this year's Batmobile looks like Captain America threw up in it.

I don't mind the blue on the Bat so much. It does make it look more fun and I like the design the more I look at it. Looks nice and swooshable.

Nope. In fact, the inside of this year's Batmobile looks like Captain America threw up in it.

I don't mind the blue on the Bat so much. It does make it look more fun and I like the design the more I look at it. Looks nice and swooshable.

Internal structures are brightly-colored for a reason-- it makes it easier for kids to follow along with the building instructions. Having seen kids and adults alike get parts mixed up while building even simple sets, I can fully sympathize with those who this choice is meant to help. It's a lot different than having random colors on the exterior of a set, though as I said the Bat's accents don't seem random. Given a choice between blue and yellow I'd choose blue in a heartbeat.

just talked with one Lego employee, said that we were all dissapointed of what the set turned out to be and she said you can always swap out parts and she said she'll pass on our thoughts to the development team. I'll try again tommorow

I must be the only one who actually likes this tumbler. small as it is atleast its kind of to scale compared to the first giant honking one. I like the small compact design of. I really don't like the the bat though.