Sign in to follow this  
jamie75

Want a new Falcon for $10 - TICKETS SOLD OUT!

I think we have members who frequently travel from europe to the states. What if we can arrange for a meeting between the said members? That could potentially reduce the shipping cost and custom tax risk. Obviously we can't have arrangement to obscure places but what if we make it the east coast, ie the tri-states area, NY, NJ or CT and in the hands of a trusted EB member? They can do the exchange say at Times Square NY or Bryant park or somewhere easy to meet. And the eb member who goes back to europe can meet up with the raffle winner at say the paris lego store or something. In exchange, the raffle winner will pay $50 to the EB "courier" for the trouble. :-P

the more we talk about this the more confused i get...

i understand that jamie is doing his best for this contest

and the idea is great in generall!!

we could do this for more sets and maybe have one like this each month..

if i ever manage to understand how we are going to do this! *wacko* *wacko*

Hey, I am a long time lurker but this raffle was too good to mis out on. I'm from Canada and we (like most of the rest of the non-US world) are getting ripped off on the pricing of Lego. If I can maybe get this for $40 that would be sweet!

I would be good for 4 tickets! *y*

If you go with the courier idea, I'd be happy to volunteer. Not only do I live in the tristate area, but I've found that shipping to my apartment by school is tax free, and saves about $40US

If you go with the courier idea, I'd be happy to volunteer. Not only do I live in the tristate area, but I've found that shipping to my apartment by school is tax free, and saves about $40US

These ideas about couriers are great and I would have no problem allowing some one to do it! But, it will be up to the winner if they want to go this route or having it shipping to them.

Jamie

catch-22 - please read the topic :-/ - and YES, PayPal *sweet*!

copmike

I did read the topic, I must have just spaced out...lol

Anyway, count me in for one ticket.

We are still on, for now! We still ned 25 people! If we get them, GAME ON!

Jamie

RAS & I have a suggestion about the drawing of the winner, hopefully without jumping on jamie

RAS & I have a suggestion about the drawing of the winner, hopefully without jumping on jamie

I think it would be great if you guys could do this at the Eurobrick event in Germany. Even better if you can get a LEGO official to draw the name. If that is not posible, I have a suggestion on how to make this as impartial as possible:

You need two members who are not participating in the drawing. You could have one person make a list of all the participants and give them a number. You would then have a second person pick a random number between 1 and the number of participants. Obviously, the person picking the random number is not supposed to see the list and therefore has no idea and can't fix the drawing. The person who matches up with the picked number wins.

Since I was not going to participate in the drawing, I would be happy to help and fill one of these roles if needed.

What a great way to get someone a Falcon. Nice going Jamie!

I think it would be great if you guys could do this at the Eurobrick event in Germany. Even better if you can get a LEGO official to draw the name. If that is not posible, I have a suggestion on how to make this as impartial as possible:

You need two members who are not participating in the drawing. You could have one person make a list of all the participants and give them a number. You would then have a second person pick a random number between 1 and the number of participants. Obviously, the person picking the random number is not supposed to see the list and therefore has no idea and can't fix the drawing. The person who matches up with the picked number wins.

Since I was not going to participate in the drawing, I would be happy to help and fill one of these roles if needed.

What a great way to get someone a Falcon. Nice going Jamie!

Done, you are Co-Chairing the contest! You want to pick the number or number the list!! Good thinking!

I will modify the first post to reflect the rules for the winner and include you as the Co-Chairman!

Thank for helping, Jamie

Hi guys and gals. I've been lurking for a while, getting to know the lay of the land.

This great contest has convinced me to finally register and join the community.

Count me in for 2 tickets.

Miguel >:-)

Done, you are Co-Chairing the contest! You want to pick the number or number the list!! Good thinking!

I will modify the first post to reflect the rules for the winner and include you as the Co-Chairman!

Thank for helping, Jamie

Glad to help out. *sweet*