Rumble Strike

Heroica RPG - Quest#13: The Darkstar

Sarick dashed straight at his opponent with his dagger pointed at the Sharkling. That was a mistake because Sarick took massive damage from the Sharkling's blade. Sarick slithered backwards while holding his wounds. He was in bad shape from the attack. 'Maybe I should have trained with a shield like the knights' he thought to himself. Sarick looked to his left to see Dak fall back stunned. 'I may be low on health, but I can still be helpful' thought Sarick. His staff was humming with excitement. It apparently loved the call of battle. Lifting the staff with one good arm, Sarick moved toward Dak.

"While the rest of you battle these thugsss, I shall attack Dak with my Healing Staff from the back row."

Guts had a triomphantic smile on his face as he managed to stab the thug. Once more Guts moved in to attack Female Thug (Cutlass) from the front row.

Guts had a triomphantic smile on his face as he managed to stab the thug. Once more Guts moved in to attack Female Thug (Cutlass) from the front row.

Order of Battle

Knifk

Nerwen

Fenimor

Guts

Sarick

(Dak stunned)

Order of Battle

Knifk

Nerwen

Fenimor

Guts

Sarick

(Dak stunned)

Again 24hours w/out input from jorgevorg

Fenimor attacks sharkling thug front row

//Wake up Fenimor!//

QM Note - I have talked to Jorgvorg and sadly he has had to pull out of the Quest due to time issues. It is a real shame as I love his character. I will look to bring in another player for you guys.

Nerwen, are you fighting from front row or back? I assume front, like before?

Once I get confirmation on the powers of the Healing Staff, I will update the battle. I was hoping that having a group of level ones would ease me gently into the Quest Master role, but no such luck :sceptic:

QM Note - I have talked to Jorgvorg and sadly he has had to pull out of the Quest due to time issues. It is a real shame as I love his character. I will look to bring in another player for you guys.

Nerwen, are you fighting from front row or back? I assume front, like before?

Once I get confirmation on the powers of the Healing Staff, I will update the battle. I was hoping that having a group of level ones would ease me gently into the Quest Master role, but no such luck :sceptic:

Oops yes.

Nerwen attacks pegleg'd thug from the front row.

Knifk's orc friend Gorg is a level 1 barbarian. I know he signed up for the quest. It'd be easy(storywise) to fetch him, we haven't left Eubric yet.

Results of Round Two of the Hovel Battle:

Knifk vs Pegleg Thug - Damage

Nerwen vs Pegleg Thug - Critical Hit

Fenimor vs Sharkling Thug - Special Damage

Guts vs Female Thug - Critical Hit

Sarick vs Dak - Shield (Taken as a successful Hit)

The heroes face off against their thuggish opponents once more. Knifk doesn't conect with his swing again, and the Pegleg Thug gouges him with his trident for 3 damage, although his Wyrm shield takes the bulk of the hit. The Pegleg Thug isn't so lucky when Nerwen attacks, the Elf clobbering him hard for 7 damage. Fenimor attacks the Sharkling once more, but the thug surprises him with his straight-line speed and sinks his teeth into the Barbarian, viciously tearing at him for 4 damage. Guts follows up his last attack on the female thug successfully, plunging his dagger deep into her side with a wicked grin for 7 damage, finishing her off. Sarick uses the power of the Healing Staff to heal Dak, who gains a point of health as he was nearly at full health anyway.

Enemies:

Pegleg Thug (Trident)

Type: Humanoid

Level: 3

Health: 1/12

Special:
Leg Hit
– The thug hits the attacker with his wooden leg,
stunning
them for the next round.

Drops: 10 gold

Sharkling Thug (Khopesh)

Health: 10/14

Special:
Sharkbite
– The thug bites the attacker, causing 4 damage.

Party:

av_guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(played by Scubacarrot)

Level 1 Rogue

Power
: 4

Health
: 7/7

Gold
: 5

Inventory
: Rusty Shortsword (WP:3), Potion, Venom, Bedroll

rsz_1img_2108_2nd.jpg

Sarick Lanse
(played by Xarrzan)

Level 1 Mage

Power

Health
: 2/5

Ether
: 5/5

Gold
: 10

Inventory
: Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Shark Fang Dagger (WP: 3),Opal Gem (Ice), Potion, Staff of Healing (HP:5)

ava-dak.jpg

Dak Nikolus
(played by darthnihilus)

Level 1 Rogue

Power

Health

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Twin Longswords (WP:3), Venom, 2 Potions, Bedroll

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil
(played by Chromeknight) ** Party Leader **

Level 1 Cleric

Power

Health
: 9/9

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Wooden Staff (WP:3), Potion, Remedy, Fire Bomb

Fenimor%252520Vish%252520%252528portrait%252529.png

Fenimor Vish
(played by Jorgevorg)

Level 1 Barbarian

Power

Health
: 4/8

Gold

Inventory
: Golden Trident (WP:3), Bottle of "Archebus Brine's Special Reserve" Clam Mead, Potion of Healing (x3)

heroicarpg004edited.jpg

Knifk
(played by Bioniclover)

Level 1 Knight

Power

Health
: 9/10

Gold

Inventory
: Morning Star (WP:8), Wyrm Shield (SP:2), Potion

6336506237_f86b559d73_t.jpg

Vres Halpo
(NPC)

QM Note
- Vres will not be targetted by the enemy. He will also not be able to help in any way during the fight.

6337262970_55d462c4a6_t.jpg

Sorrow
(NPC)

QM Note
- Sorrow will not be targetted by the enemy. She will also not help during the fight. In fact, she's looking forward to seeing how you all do
:devil:

The battle continues!

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

"One down, two to go!"

Guts takes his sword out of the defeated thug, quickly wipes most of the blood off on the clothes of the fallen and moves in to attack the Pegleg Thug from the front row.

Knifk vs Pegleg Thug - Damage

Nerwen vs Pegleg Thug - Critical Hit

Fenimor vs Sharkling Thug - Special Damage

Guts vs Female Thug - Critical Hit

Sarick vs Dak - Shield (Taken as a successful Hit)

The heroes face off against their thuggish opponents once more. Knifk doesn't conect with his swing again, and the Pegleg Thug gouges him with his trident for 3 damage, although his Wyrm shield takes the bulk of the hit. The Pegleg Thug isn't so lucky when Nerwen attacks, the Elf clobbering him hard for 7 damage. Fenimor attacks the Sharkling once more, but the thug surprises him with his straight-line speed and sinks his teeth into the Barbarian, viciously tearing at him for 4 damage. Guts follows up his last attack on the female thug successfully, plunging his dagger deep into her side with a wicked grin for 7 damage, finishing her off. Sarick uses the power of the Healing Staff to heal Dak, who gains a point of health as he was nearly at full health anyway.

Up you get Dak! Good hit Sarick. You too Guts.

I suggest you take out Pegleg from the back row Sarick, while the rest of us try and take down the Sharkling.

Don't worry Knifk, I know your shield is new and you need practice using it in combat!

Nerwen leads by example whacking the sharkling thug from the front row

"Ow!Did you really need to hit me that hard Sarick?" Dak rubs his head to emphasise his point."Alright, you'll pay for that, you thug!" Dak, quickly following up his words with action, attacks the Pegleg Thug from the front row."It looks like you have this one handled Guts, but if you miss, I'll take him down."

"Ow!Did you really need to hit me that hard Sarick?" Dak rubs his head to emphasise his point."Alright, you'll pay for that, you thug!" Dak, quickly following up his words with action, attacks the Pegleg Thug from the front row."It looks like you have this one handled Guts, but if you miss, I'll take him down."

Guts. attack the sharkling. That way if you roll a mug you'll get more than one little gold piece.

Dak, same with you. Leave the pegleg for Sarick to get from the back row.

"Sorry Dak, I'm not used to how this staff worksss yet." Sarick turned his attention to Nerwen and listened to her directions. Sarick mustered enough strength to pull out his dagger. "I wont make the same mistake this time." Sarick slithered forward to attack the Pegleg Thug from the back row with his Shark Fang Dagger.

"It is no problem, Nerwen! If the pegleg thug is dead by the time we get to attack, we automatically switch targets anyway!"

"It is no problem, Nerwen! If the pegleg thug is dead by the time we get to attack, we automatically switch targets anyway!"

Well, that means we need a battle order.

Knifk

Nerwen

Fenimor

Sarick

Dak

Guts

Should I just go ahead and call Fenimor's action, since QM said he's not around?

If so Fenimor attacks sharkling thug from front row

Results of Round Three of the Hovel Battle:

Knifk vs Sharkling Thug - Hit

Nerwen vs Sharkling Thug - Damage

Fenimor vs Sharkling Thug - Extra Critical Hit

>Sarick vs Pegleg - Special Damage

Dak vs Pegleg - Miss

Guts vs Pegleg - Special Damage

The heroes square off against the two remaining thugs. Knifk attacks first and the Orcish Knight actually scores a hit on the Sharkling Thug, causing 4 damage. Nerwen tries the same thing, but the Sharkling Thug is enraged and hits her with his khopesh for 3 damage. Seeing this, Fenimor unleashes a mighty swing with his trident, impaling the Sharkling into the wall for 10 damage, taking him out.

This leaves the nearly-dead Pegleg thug facing 3 of the party. Sarick attacks him with his dagger, but amazingly the Pegleg thug dodges and returns with a huge swing of his pegleg, stunning Sarick. Dak steams in next, his anxiousness to finish the fight causing him to miss. The reliable Guts saunters up, fresh from dispatching the female thug, but he is overconfident and manages to get hit with the pegleg, stunning him.

Astonishingly, the Pegleg Thug is still standing!

Enemies:

Pegleg Thug (Trident)

Health: 1/12

Special:
Leg Hit
– The thug hits the attacker with his wooden leg,
stunning
them for the next round.

Party:

av_guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(played by Scubacarrot)
**STUNNED**

Level 1 Rogue

Power

Health

Gold

Inventory

rsz_1img_2108_2nd.jpg

Sarick Lanse
(played by Xarrzan)
**STUNNED**

Level 1 Mage

Power

Health
: 2/5

Ether

Gold

Inventory
: Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Shark Fang Dagger (WP: 3),Opal Gem (Ice), Potion, Staff of Healing (HP:5)

ava-dak.jpg

Dak Nikolus
(played by darthnihilus)

Level 1 Rogue

Power

Health

Gold

Inventory

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil

Level 1 Cleric

Power

Health
: 6/9

Ether

Gold

Inventory

Fenimor Vish
(played by Jorgevorg)

Level 1 Barbarian

Power

Health
: 4/8

Gold

Inventory
: Golden Trident (WP:3), Bottle of "Archebus Brine's Special Reserve" Clam Mead, Potion of Healing (x3)

heroicarpg004edited.jpg

Knifk
(played by Bioniclover)

Level 1 Knight

Power

Health
: 9/10

Gold

Inventory

6336506237_f86b559d73_t.jpg

Vres Halpo
(NPC)

QM Note
- Vres will not be targetted by the enemy. He will also not be able to help in any way during the fight.

Sorrow
(NPC)

QM Note
- Sorrow will not be targetted by the enemy. She will also not help during the fight. In fact, she's looking forward to seeing how you all do
:devil:

The battle continues!

QM Note

As there is only one enemy left with one health point, I will automatically play the next round with the same party actions as before. Both Sarick and Guts are stunned.

Results of Round Four of the Hovel Battle:

Knifk vs Pegleg Thug - Hit

Nerwen vs Pegleg Thug

Fenimor vs Pegleg Thug

Dak vs Pegleg Thug

Knifk, having got the hang of actually hitting an opponent now, wades in and dispatches the troublesome Pegleg Thug with one hit.

The battle is victorious!

Everyone gains one level:

av_guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(played by Scubacarrot)

Level 2 Rogue

Power

Health
: 8/8

Gold

Inventory

rsz_1img_2108_2nd.jpg

Sarick Lanse
(played by Xarrzan)

Level 2 Mage

Power

Health
: 2/6

Ether
: 6/6

Gold

Inventory

ava-dak.jpg

Dak Nikolus
(played by darthnihilus)

Level 2 Rogue

Power

Health
: 8/8

Gold

Inventory

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil

Level 2 Cleric

Power

Health
: 6/10

Ether
: 6/6

Gold

Inventory

Fenimor Vish
(played by Jorgevorg)

Level 2 Barbarian

Power

Health
: 6/9

Gold

Inventory

heroicarpg004edited.jpg

Knifk
(played by Bioniclover)

Level 2 Knight

Power

Health
: 9/11

Gold

Inventory

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-sixcoins.jpg 30 Gold

heroica-potion.jpg 1 Potion

Edited by Rumble Strike

Alright, now that those goons are dead, we should be moving on to the magic shop, right? Nerwyn, I think Sarick needs that potion? He has the lowest health of all of us. :wink:

Sorrow takes Guts to one side and whispers to him.

I saw how you took on the leader. Bold, decisive, strong. I have my eye on you, Guts, I think you are the star of this party."

Feminor Vish stands over the body of the Sharkling, still bleeding from the puncture wounds his trident had inflicted. No-one can read the Sargassen's body language, but he is a still figure. After what seems like an age, he looks across to Nerwen, and in the hideous language of the Cho-Cho, speaks to her:

"Oh she of the wonderous ear, I must offer my most sincere contrafibularities, but I cannot continue this Quest. It is highly visible to me that the one who has an ironic name is not the sort of person one should be dealing with. I must therefore regretfully withdraw from this quest. The regret is that I will not be able to feel my snout against your earlobes, I can assure you. Good day!

With that, Fenimor Vish leaves the party. The others, unable to speak Cho-Cho, look to Nerwen for a translation.

He is leaving us. She didn't mention his distrust of Sorrow.

Sorrow snorted in disgust.

If you threw a rock in Eubric it would hit 4 Barbarians before it even changed direction. We will go back to Heroica Hall and I will get us a new one.

Sorrow led the party back to the Hall. She looked at the Quest board, noticing that several Quests had been put up since she had left, but found the parchment for Quest#13 in a corner. She looked down the list and sighed. The next Barbarian was another Orc.

She looked around for Gorg to see if he was in the Hall.

QM Note - Please stay in here rather than goimg to the actual Heroica Hall thread. This is just so you can meet up with Gorg.

Knifk cheered with excitement when he learned his friend would be joining them on the Quest after all. "Hooray! Knifk's friend Gorg will be happy he doesn't have to stay at Hall while Nerwen, Knifk, and Company have fun smashing villians!"

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-sixcoins.jpg 30 Gold

heroica-potion.jpg 1 Potion

Ow. That sharkling was quick. But we are done.

Nerwen gives 5 gold to each of the heroes.

Nerwen heals Sarick at the cost of 1 ether.

I'll hold the potion until we need to distribute it. We all have a potion at the moment anyway.

Feminor Vish stands over the body of the Sharkling, still bleeding from the puncture wounds his trident had inflicted. No-one can read the Sargassen's body language, but he is a still figure. After what seems like an age, he looks across to Nerwen, and in the hideous language of the Cho-Cho, speaks to her:

"Oh she of the wonderous ear, I must offer my most sincere contrafibularities, but I cannot continue this Quest. It is highly visible to me that the one who has an ironic name is not the sort of person one should be dealing with. I must therefore regretfully withdraw from this quest. The regret is that I will not be able to feel my snout against your earlobes, I can assure you. Good day!

With that, Fenimor Vish leaves the party. The others, unable to speak Cho-Cho, look to Nerwen for a translation.

He is leaving us. She didn't mention his distrust of Sorrow.

OOC: isn't it handy that characters have their own disticnt speech patterns.

It is a shame to lose Fenimor, but it is good that we will have another joining us.

Sarick shook his head to regain himself from being stunned. His staff slowly ceased its vibrating now that the prospect of violence was over. Sarick looked at the staff one more time quizically before he strapped it to his back. "Thank you for the gold and the heal Nerwen, it was needed." Sarick ripped off a few scales that were barely hanging on while Feminor spoke. He hoped that Feminor would be off to a grand adventure.

As Sarick slithered into the hall he felt some regret. He had hoped to return here after completing a quest, but there was still time. He looked forward to seeing the new barbarian in action.

Gorg was sitting on the chair in the corner in the hall, his green mouth was covered in mead.

Suddenly he starts to sniff. "Knifk?!"- he exclaimed excited. He run toward fellow orc and he gave him a big hit on the arm.

"What Knifk doing here?! Knifk finished mision early because Knifk so strong? Gorg happy to see you! Now tell what happened on Knifk quest!"

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Gorg was sitting on the chair in the corner in the hall, his green mouth was covered in mead.

Suddenly he starts to sniff. "Knifk?!"- he exclaimed excited. He run toward fellow orc and he gave him a big hit on the arm.

"What Knifk doing here?! Knifk finished mision early because Knifk so strong? Gorg happy to see you! Now tell what happened on Knifk quest!"

"Fishy-barbarian Fenimor is quitting Quest, so Party went to Hall to pick up friend Gorg as replacement! Gorg gets to go on Quest with Knifk!"