Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #11: A Matter of Principle

"Guess we go the right?"

Atramor waits for his Questmates to hear their thoughts.

"Right is fine." said Tarn. He shivered. He certainly hadn't imagined he'd be back in a dark cave-like place so soon. He thought for a moment about Ellaria, bravely volunteering to hold the torch for the rest of the party. She certainly was more courageous than she gave herself credit for.

With a majority reached, the Party heads down the right passage. A lit torch lights the way as the Party is faced with another decision, a second passage leads off to the left. Altior glances at his compass and sees that the needle points down the left hand path.

Shall the Party continue straight or go left?

Well lets follow the compass. Good memory Atramor :laugh:

With their search thus far unfruitful, the party heads off once more to the werehound glass blowing shop. As they enter they are greeted by Gillian, Rillian nods from his corner at the bellows, and Dillian merely hmmph's.

img_2964.jpg

"Good evening to you gentlemen, quite a storm we've got brewing up out there haven't we? Have you found your litte white capped friend yet?"

I just remebered this, Gillian says he didn't see Julian, his father did. So how did he know he had a white turban? Unless his father told him, which is rather unlikely. He must have lied.

Edited by soccerkid6

With a majority reached, the Party heads down the right passage. A lit torch lights the way as the Party is faced with another decision, a second passage leads off to the left. Altior glances at his compass and sees that the needle points down the left hand path.

Shall the Party continue straight or go left?

Atramor wonders when the hell Althior got here, and leads the party left.

"Well, maybe on the way back we can take the other route, pick up some treasures and such."

"Keep with the compass until it leads us into some kind of arcane magical deathtrap or something!" said Tarn cheerily. He gripped his axe and felt more confortable than he had in a while. This was his kind of adventuring.

"Keep with the compass until it leads us into some kind of arcane magical deathtrap or something!"

"Sounds good to me."

Atramor also holds his Magnifying Glass in the other hand, scanning for traps.

The party walks cautiously onward, Atramor searching for traps along the way. Ahead the Party sees a glow of torches and hears a faint sobbing. Shall the Party continue?

"Suppose we could go check," mutters Atramor quietly. McCafferey flaps her wings a bit nervously, but keeps it down as well.

The party enters the well lit spacious crypt. Skulls adorn the cavern walls and in one corner a tear stained boy sits huddled with his back against a rock face.

img_3045.jpg

As the heroes enter the cavern a smoke bomb goes off in the middle of the room. As the smoke clears, 5 astute and well armed figures appear between the Party and the boy.

img_3042.jpg

The centermost figure, his eyes darting from one hero to the next, addresses the Party.

“By what authority and for what purpose dost thee appear in these sacred tombs? Speak quickly ere we end thy foolish and impertinent lives.”

What will the Party do?

Atramor bravely steps forward.

"....Well, tell them what we're here for, Glorfy," he mutters to the side.

We enter in thy sacred tabs to seek and retrieve thee young child in that corner crying. We appear in the authority of Heroica, we be heroes.

"Drink up anything that may help in battle" Elgar shouted drawing his bow

Great work Elgar, I think we were trying to avoid battle by talking to them??

We came to find the young boy, we are from Heroica and mean you no harm if you will let him come with us.

I say using my skill of diplomacy

We enter in thy sacred tabs to seek and retrieve thee young child in that corner crying. We appear in the authority of Heroica, we be heroes.

The cowled spokesman retorts, "I would speak to someone of more noble countenance, not some backwoods renegade feigning chivalry and certainly not that insideous looking individual sporting yonder fowl upon his pate."

We came to find the young boy, we are from Heroica and mean you no harm if you will let him come with us.

I say using my skill of diplomacy

The cloaked gentleman nods at Sir Glorfindel's explanation, "Ah, so you do indeed come from that hallowed hall. Tell me what need have you of the boy, my order has sought long and hard for him and would not so easily give him up."

Edited by Waterbrick Down

The cowled spokesman retorts, "I would speak to someone of more noble countenance, not some backwoods renegade feigning chivalry and certainly not that insideous looking individual sporting yonder fowl upon his pate."

The cloaked gentleman nods at Sir Glorfindel's explanation, "Ah, so you do indeed come from that hallowed hall. Tell me what need have you of the boy, my order has sought long and hard for him and would not so easily give him up."

Feigning chivalry? I'm hurt, I'm not some backwoods renegade. We all come from that "hallowed hall" and we demand the same respect you would give for a knight. Backwoods renegade... :angry: