Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#6: WANTED! Donny Dozenhands

En Sabah Nur slowly rose from the rubble. "That bastard...Are you two alright?" Nur gently lifted the vial and handed the Phoenix Essence to Haldor. "I have a feeling that with my frail form, I'll be the first to fall. I don't think I would be able to use that magical elixir while dead. Either of you willing to look into that pipe? With our luck a dart will sail into your eye. En Sabah Nur grinned. "Haldor when you're able, might I receive a bit of healing? Once I've recovered my strength I will remove this blasted obstacle at the cost of 1 ether."

"Of course Nur, and thanks for the esscence. Let's hope it is not needed."

Haldor heals nur at the cost of 1 ether.

Skrall shoots a crossbow bolt into the pipe. He can hear it hit a corner in the pipe with a clank, and drop. Nothing comes out of the pipe but a tiny trickle of filthy water.

Meanwhile, En Sabah Nur uses his earthen magic to remove the bricks from their path. It is as easily said as done, so the party are free to continue their pursuit. They return to the intersection where they turned to the trapped tunnel.

Which way will the party go now, STRAIGHT AHEAD or RIGHT, back to where they entered the sewers?

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 3 Mage (Party Leader)

Power:

Health:
7/7

Ether:
3/7

Gold:

Inventory:
Sangriste Dagger (WP: 3), Garnet (Earth), 2 Potions, Bedroll

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 3 Cleric

Power:

Health:
11/11

Ether:
5/7

Gold:

Inventory:
Gauricheim (Mace, WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 3 Ranger

Power:
7 (11 against beasts)

Health:
3/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP: 4/8 against beasts), Boar Bone Longbow (WP: 3), 2 Potions, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb

"Onwards, I hope we can put an end to that wretched theif, I knew that he wasn't going to come quietly, but I never forsaw this! :look:"

The party runs onwards, and at the end of the tunnel they see a caped figure climbing up a ladder. He is too far to catch by running, but perhaps there is something else the party can do to stop him?

"Skrall, try for a non-lethal shot at the figure, and hurry! If that fails Nur could use a spell?"

As the party scurries through the damp and dark sewers, Skrall removes one of his potions and downs it in a hasty gulp. Up ahead the group notice an ascending figure.

"Shall I fire a pinning shot to that bosun's cloak or do you think some more of your earthen magic might come in handy here Nur?"

Edited by Waterbrick Down

"It can't hurt if we both try. Let loose your arrow!" As Skrall prepares his shot, En Sabah Nur attempts to dislodge the ladder by removing obstacle at the cost of 1 ether.

Skrall hefted his crossbow sighting the indiviual in the weapons aiming mechanism, he then fired off a bolt attempting to pin the distant figure's cloak to the wall.

Skrall's arrow pins the shady figure's cape to the wall as Nur's spell dislodges the rickety metal staircase leading up. The figure dangles in the air for a while until his cape rips and he falls into the muck. The party has caught up with him by now, and sees that the person fits the description of Donny Dozenhands.

heroicaquest6-battledonny.jpg

The pickpocket raises his hands up. He is holding a nasty-looking katar on his right hand.

"Alright, alright, you caught me! Say, you're from Heroica, aren't you? It figures the Town Watch didn't send any of their own into this mission - those corrupted bastards would have only kept the given gold for themselves and claimed I got away with it, haha! But I have to admit, you're good. Our gang could use champions like you in our ranks... What do you say if I return the gold I stole from you, and you let me go? I can pass a good word about you three to the higher-ups. It would do you good to be in good relations with the Wolfgang, I can tell you. Something big is on the way, something that will change this shithole of a city... forever."

Donny flashes a gilded smile.

"So, have we got a deal?"

"I'm not a crook, and never will be, you're not convincing me!" :angry:

Haldor waits to see what to others think. While keeping an eye on Donny.

Edited by Scorpiox

"I'm not a crook, and never will be, you're not convincing me!" :angry:

Donny scoffs.

"Hah! Yet you work for arguably the biggest crooks in this city, the Town Watch! And don't even get me started on the six 'noble' houses - just a bunch of conniving and greedy pack of rats, the lot of them! Trust me when I say, in the near future you will want to be in the good books with the Wolfgang."

Skrall watched as the figure drew himself out of the muck of the sewer's floor and listened as the famed Donny Dozenhands delivered his expected monologue :tongue: .

Speaking in a whisper to his companions, "Hold yar horses Haldor, no one said any thing about bein' a crook, all we would have to do is let the fine gentleman go. Provided he has sicked his thugs on us twice, almost buried us alive, and stole from you earlier Haldor, but wouldn't you have too given his position. For all we know, the Town watch are as much criminals as he is, don't ya see we've been hired by the devil to catch the demon. Now I'm as much an ogre of my word as any respectable chap and I've seen how corruption can cause sufferin' and pain, but all I'm saying is we consider his offer carefully. Perhaps it would come in handy to have some clout with the Wolfgang, who knows we may be able to lie low enough that we could bag the whole bunch in a giant inside sting operation? Nur as party leader, I'll follow ya where ever ya lead, let's just not let 'ol noble pants here back us into a corner that's all"

OOC: No offense Scorpiox, just playing in character. On a note it would be an interesting twist getting on the inside of the underdog faction, everyone knows the predictable outcome if we refuse the offer so... :innocent:

En Sabah Nur considered Dozenhands' words. EUBRIC is the ever-changing city. Those in power today aren't necessarily going to be there tomorrow. Perhaps the Wolfgang would be the future of EUBRIC...

Nur stood silently as his companions stated their opinions. Unfortunately for the norseman cleric, the ogre's words hit home with the dark mage. Being unpredictable had aided him thus far, why not continue the trend.

"We will except your offer, Donny. 50 gold and whatever else you managed to take in today at the Fishmarket for the trouble you've caused us. Put in a good word for us with your superiors. Be advised that I will make it my personal mission to shower you with jagged boulders should I learn you've acted against us from within the Wolfgang."

Edited by Jebediahs

"We will except your offer, Donny. 50 gold and whatever else you managed to take in today at the Fishmarket for the trouble you've caused us. Put in a good word for us with your superiors. Be advised that I will make it my personal mission to shower you with jagged boulders should I learn you've acted against us from within the Wolfgang."

The pickpocket bows in respect.

"Now why would I do that? Consider yourselves in good terms with the Wolfgang, at least as long as you don't act against us. We don't mind losing a few thugs, though, they are entirely expendable. Here's your 55 gold back, cleric. If I may give you a hint, do as the watchmen would have done, and claim I managed to get away with your gold to the officer who hired you. That way you get to keep the gold despite failing the mission. See you around, friends!"

Haldor receives his lost gold back from the thief.

heroica-sixcoins.jpg55 gold

Donny Dozenhands spins around, lifts the fallen ladder back up against the wall and skillfully scales them up and out of the sewers. The three heroes look at each other. Had they done the right decision?

Will the party return to the Town Watch Barracks right away, or will they stay to look around the sewers?

"Aye, Donny has a point, he is no worse than the town watch. As he said it could pay to be in good relations with the wolfgang in the future. Now I have my gold back could we divide it up 100 each now? Not including spoils, as you both took 125 at that start and I got only 50.

Oh and we could lie to the town watch if nessercary, and I think we should explore the sewers further, there could be more spoils down here. :classic:"

En Sabah Nur grinned as Donny Dozenhands skittered up the ladder. He raised an eyebrow in shock at the cleric's comment. "Good to have you with us on this, Haldor. I was sure you wouldn't approve."

Nur handed Haldor some gold. "Right, here is the 25 gold I owe you. You're going to have to get the rest from the ogre. Once you two settle up we shall indeed search these sewers. We must return to the entrance and explore the other two pathways. Haldor, could we have a look at yer map? I'd like to it compare it to my mental one just in case. Hopefully that glowing spider will still be there. You've got a way with animals, perhaps you could communicate with it, 'ey Skrall?...Skrall?" Nur turned to see the ogre's anxiousness at the prospect of more time spent in the confining sewers. "Skrall, are you alright?"

"Thanks Nur, here's my map, it only shows the paths we're aware of and I'm updating it all the time. It assumes all the tunnels go straight on.

quest_path.jpg

Where to?

Please can I have the 25 gold you owe me Skrall? :classic:"

Edited by Scorpiox

The party decides that they are not done with the sewers just yet, so they return all the way back to the first junction they encountered. The bioluminescent spider is still there.

heroicaquest6-sewers.jpg

After going through the left hand tunnel, where will the party head next? STRAIGHT or RIGHT?

"Sorry chaps, I've been at classes all day ponderin' the recent turn of events. Aye, I agree we should explore the rest of the sewer even though my skin crawls at the thought of it. Haldor, here is the yer 25 Gold [Skrall hands 25 Gold to Haldor]. I suggest we try going right, but first..." Skrall gazed down at the bioluminescent spider.

"Hmm... never tried conversin' with an insect before." The ogre bent down and quietly whispered in an indecipherable language as to whether the spider knew of any other dangers or treasures within the bowls of Eubric.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

The party decides to explore the RIGHT tunnel but first watch as Skrall attempts to gain information...from a spider.

The spider looked up at the towering ogre.

"It says to be careful when pulling levers", Skrall translates. "Apparently there are some people who have found themselves trapped in these sewers for the rest of their suddenly shortened life."

Remembering the spiders warning, the party heads right from the intersection. Unsurprisingly, after walking for a while they see a lever ahead of them. There is also a cascade of water at the end of the tunnel. Suddenly three hostile frogs jump out of the waterfall, and an enormous rat joins them in engaging the party into a battle.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

heroicaquest6-battlevermin.jpg

Enemies:

Toxic Toad (Green)

Type: Vermin, Aquatic

Level: 3

Health: 14/14

Special:
Poison Tongue
– Causes poisoned-effect to the target, making it lose 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied, the target is defeated or the battle is won.

Drops: 1 Venom

Toxic Toad (Red)

Special:
Poison Tongue
– Causes poisoned-effect to the target, making it lose 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied, the target is defeated or the battle is won.

Toxic Toad (Yellow)

Special:
Poison Tongue

Big Rat

Type: Vermin

Level: 2

Health: 10/10

Special:
Foul Bite

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 3 Mage (Party Leader)

Power:

Health:
7/7

Ether:
3/7

Gold:

Inventory:
Sangriste Dagger (WP: 3), Garnet (Earth), 2 Potions, Bedroll

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 3 Cleric

Power:

Health:
11/11

Ether:
5/7

Gold:

Inventory:
Gauricheim (Mace, WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 3 Ranger

Power:
7 (11 against beasts)

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP: 4/8 against beasts), Boar Bone Longbow (WP: 3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.