Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#6: WANTED! Donny Dozenhands

heroicaquest6.jpg

Three aspiring heroes left the Heroica Hall and made their way to the Town Watch barracks to begin the quest they were chosen into. Those three were:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 1 Mage (Party Leader)

Power:

Health:
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Inventory:
Sangriste Dagger (WP: 3), Garnet (Earth), Potion, Bedroll

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 1 Cleric

Power:

Health:
9/9

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Inventory:
Gauricheim (Mace, WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Bedroll

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 1 Ranger

Power:

Health:
6/6

Gold:

Inventory:
Boar Bone Longbow (WP: 3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb

heroicaquest6-townwatch.jpg

The trio has been assigned to catch a notorious picpocket called Donny Dozenhands. The thief-catchers arrive to the entrance of the barracks, where two scruffy-looking guards stop them.

"Meh, whataya want?" one of the guards asks. The Town Watch certainly isn't know for being polite and honourable.

What will the party answer?

"We are three heros sent from Heroica Hall, we were hired to capture dead or alive the notorious theif, Donny Dozenhands. :classic:"

OOC: Skrall has ether? :wacko:

Edited by Scorpiox

"We are three heros sent from Heroica Hall, we were hired to capture dead or alive the notorious theif, Donny Dozenhands. :classic:"

The guards snort and guffaw.

"What's in it for us?" the outspoken watchman asks with a wide grin.

:hmpf_bad:

"We were recruted by Captain Ubert Lilbelly of the town watch. We have been told the theif has been stealing from noble houses and that he is a pain in the backside. I know no more of the details.

You ask what is in it for you, well it's your job to be a town guard and I assume you get payed. If not, I reccommend you look for a new career, we are not here to make your lives better, we were just asked to catch a theif."

Edited by Scorpiox

:hmpf_bad:

"We were recruted by Captain Ubert Lilbelly of the town watch. We have been told he has been stealing from noble houses and that he is a pain in the backside. I know no more of the details."

The watchmen look at each other.

"I don't think they get it, Marv", the other guard says to his comrade.

"Yeah, they must be too thick to be ripped off. Let's just let 'em in before Bigbelly goes mental on us", the guard called Marv replies.

The two watchmen open the doors and let the party enter. They are taken to the captain's office, where Captain Ubert Lilbelly is waiting for them.

heroicaquest6-office.jpg

"Are you the Heroica lot?" the captain inquires. "You sure took your sweet time to get here!"

The heroes notice the bottles and coins on and around the captain's desk. They can smell the reek of drunkedness oozing from the captain.

"Now listen up, rookies. Your job is to catch Donny Dozenhands, who's been making my life miserable for years. Every time we've caught him, he's found a way to escape. But now he has crossed a line that shouldn't been crossed. He's been witnessed stealing from several noble houses, the Ji Pei among them, and now those snobs want his head. For some reason it's customary that thieves are not executed - maybe because that would mean half the population of Eubric would be a head shorter - but I don't care if you bring him to me dead or alive. We'll deal with him accordingly."

Then the captain slips a piece of parchment across the desk to the party.

heroicaquest6-wanted.jpg

"That's Donny, an ugly bastard for sure. You can most likely find him from the Fishmarket, that's where he's been lurking his victims as of late. Here's the promised 300 gold in advance, use it to lure Donny out. One of you should walk around the square making sure your fat purse gets noticed, while the other two keep watch from a good vantage point. Note that he's become so greedy nowadays that he won't bother taking any small sums anymore. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, though, because if you run out of money, don't come crying to me for more. So the bait should be enough to lure Donny out, but not too much that you can't try again if you fail to catch him the first time. You will fail the quest if you lose all the gold without catching Donny."

"Have you understood what you lot are supposed to do now? You got any more questions?"

Party Leader, how will the bait be divided?

heroica-sixcoins.jpg300 gold

"I think I should be the bait and Skrall can stand a with his bow a bit away and Nur can be backup. That's just my opinion but Nur can of course decide."

"Indeed, Haldor. You do appear to be the most...unimposing. You'll make for sufficient bait." Nur handed Haldor some coin. "Do you think 50g is enough? Put your potion in the bag to make your purse more appealing."

Nur thought for a moment then grinned. "Boast about how you came into some money and can't wait to spend it on that elf lass of yours. Do you agree, Skrall?"

"Sounds good to me Nur, reminds me of my first ..er... job baitin' traps for big fat ..um... Oh, while we're here, would ya mind tellin' me my good captain if this Donny fellow is prone to wearin' disguises?"

"Indeed, Haldor. You do appear to be the most...unimposing. You'll make for sufficient bait." Nur handed Haldor some coin. "Do you think 50g is enough? Put your potion in the bag to make your purse more appealing."

How will the remaining 250 gold be divided?

Oh, while we're here, would ya mind tellin' me my good captain if this Donny fellow is prone to wearin' disguises?"

Captain Lilbelly shrugs.

"I don't know what new tricks Donny has up his sleeve, but some of his previous victims have managed to identify him. Just keep a keen eye on the Fishmarket, and you might just spot him."

The captain takes a swig from his wineglass.

"Now, are there anymore questions you'd like to bother me with?"

En Sabah Nur handed the ogre some gold. "You take 125 gold and I'll hold on to the rest(125 gold)." Nur addresses the Captain. "Does Dozenhands have any known associates? Anyone he is often seen in the company with?"

"Alrighty then, well Nur, I suggest that we give the 50 gold to Haldor and have him walkin' up and down the street proclaimin' his love to his fair elf maiden and we'll split the remainder between you and me that way if we end up gettin' picked while we're watchin' Haldor, we'll still have a little bit of leverage."

Nur addresses the Captain. "Does Dozenhands have any known associates? Anyone he is often seen in the company with?"

The captain nods.

"We have a strong suspicion Donny is in cahoots with the Wolfgang posse. A loner does not rise to such a fame as Donny has in the criminal circles, after all. You can expect to encounter Wolfgang cronies trying to block your way if you chase after Donny, but I'm sure noble heroes such as yourselves have no trouble dealing with that kind of riff-raff."

Lilbelly lets out a croaking laughter.

"So, are you ready to get off your megablocks and actually do the job?"

With their purses filled with gold, the party made their to the Fishmarket.

heroicaquest6-fishmarket.jpg

The whole place was hustling and bustling under the watchful stares of the statues of the sea gods Neron and Neredice. People were shouting, seagulls were screaming and the multitude of fish and other sealife was filling the air with their stench. Everyone's eyes were drawn to the monstrous shark that hung at the center of the marketplace. There were at least three fishermen around it, each claiming they were the one who caught it.

The three heroes arrived amidst all this. As per planned, Haldor started to walk around the Fishmarket to attract attention, while Skrall and En Sabah Nur climbed to the roof of a nearby building to have a clear view over the place.

What does Haldor do to attract Donny's attention?

Haldor walks in such a way that the coins in his purse jangle loudly, giving the impression he is carry more gold than he is. He puts his bag of gold on his belt so that it looks like an easy target.

Haldor walks up to a crowd of people and starts a conversation in the loudest voice he can do. He also puts on a display of being mildly drunk.

"Who ever said gambling is a sin never was as lucky as me! I won myself a huge jackpot in the tavern, I'm so rich now I could almost buy the place!

I'm gonna spend my newfound wealth on wine and a woman, the rest I'll just waste (:laugh:)."

Edited by Scorpiox

Skrall nudged his friend on the roof, "he's playin' it up quite nicely, it's a good thing his elf lady is on a quest of her own right now." Skrall chuckled as he looked at the crowd below trying to spot anything suspicious.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

En Sabah Nur smiled. "A natural you might say." Nur scanned the crowd while keeping watch of his companion on the ground.

Haldor's act earns him plenty of looks. Before he even knows it, his purse is gone.

Haldor loses all gold.

He gives a signal to his companions up in the roof, and they start scanning the Fishmarket.

heroicaquest6-fishmarket2.jpg

The party must choose one person to seize, pointing that person from the crowd. If the person turns out to be someone else besides Donny, they must give Haldor more money and repeat the process.

Which person will the party seize?

:angry:Haldor jumps to see his bag gone! This Donny is an awefully good theif!

Haldor scans the faces of the people around and notices that a stange woman is lurking behind the shark:

Haldor signals to Nur to say they should grab that woman. No woman has a face like that, and the face bears a striking resembelence to Donny Dozenhands. Get Him! :devil_laugh:

Edited by Scorpiox

Haldor lunges forward and attempts to grab the person in the blue dress behind the shark, as shown here:

Edited by Scorpiox

The party moves in on the suspicious looking woman, only to have her slip from their grasps. They manage to see her sneak into a nearby alley, though.

heroicaquest6-donnyescape.jpg

The party follows the homely woman into the alley, but are blocked by two thugs bearing a wolfhead insignia. The party draws their weapons.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

heroicaquest6-battlethugs.jpg

Enemies:

Wolfgang Thug (Club)

Type: Humanoid

Level: 3

Health: 12/12

Special:
Steal
– The target loses gold according to their level.

Drops: 10 gold, 1 Potion

Wolfgang Thug (Dagger)

Type: Humanoid

Level: 3

Health: 12/12

Special:
Steal
– The target loses gold according to their level.

Drops: 10 gold, 1 Potion

Party:

ensabahnur2.jpg

En Sabah Nur
(played by Jebediahs)

Level 1 Mage (Party Leader)

Power:

Health:
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Inventory:
Sangriste Dagger (WP: 3), Garnet (Earth), Potion, Bedroll

pict0201.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
(played by Scorpiox)

Level 1 Cleric

Power:

Health:
9/9

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Inventory:
Gauricheim (Mace, WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Bedroll

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall
(played by Waterbrick Down)

Level 1 Ranger

Power:

Health:
6/6

Gold:

Inventory:
Boar Bone Longbow (WP: 3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.