Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#1: Harvest Time

Alright guys should we do what we've been doing the last battles and split our attacks between the enemies or do we decide to go all out and attack one enemy with all our attacks ,and absorbing the free hits(this is our last battle and where pretty well stoked).

I think we should go all out, but that's just me.

Actually Ranger Docken, your idea sounds good. I'll Attack Battle Ant A from the Front Row.

Edited by Fred Fred Burger

The party notices that the Battle Ants are somewhat weaker than what they looked like at first glance. This means the Dread Hat will protect Bartholomew from their direct attacks, but Bombard will still hit him along with the others.

Well, Christopher, we don't want to risk that many free hits in the first round. If you or Thrain takes the Sentinel position, we'll definitely concentrate on only one enemy in the second round, and we might do so later depending on the status of our health. (though hopefully, the battle won't last that long) Just not in the first round.

The party notices that the Battle Ants are somewhat weaker than what they looked like at first glance. This means the Dread Hat will protect Bartholomew from their direct attacks, but Bombard will still hit him along with the others.

Even better. :sweet:

"I will attack ant C from the front row! Would pairing up help this battle go faster"

If four attack Ant A and it doesn't take four to kill it, a new target will always be selected. Might as well give ourselves the best chance at only taking on two enemies next turn.

By the way, Tomas, please attack Ant C, and Thrain and Jess, please attack Ant A. :sweet:

"That Bombard sounds like a pretty nasty ability, but hopefully we'll be able to finish off the ants before they can make use of it. I'll attack Ant C from the back row!"

Results of Round One of the Battle Ant Battle:

Christopher vs. Battle Ant A - Special Damage

Thrain vs. Battle Ant A - Shield

>Bartholomew vs. Battle Ant A - Shield

Jess vs. Battle Ant A - Critical Hit

Tesni vs. Battle Ant C - Shield

>Tomas vs. Battle Ant C - Hit

The battle begins. Right off the bat, the first Battle Ant bombards the party, causing 4 damage to everyone else but the knights, whose shields halve the damage. Thrain takes the Sentinel-position to keep the possible next turn safer. Bartholomew does a Tripleshot, causing 8 damage to each of the three ants. Jess scores a critical hit on the first Battle Ant, taking it out of the battle. Tesni goes on a Frenzy, attacking both remaining ants for 9 damage, and thus ending the battle.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS! THE FIELD IS SAVED!

All party members gain a level of experience. The enemies drop three Fire Bombs.

Party (after the battle):

ava-bartholomew.png

Bartholomew Docken
(played by Brickdoctor)

Level 6 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power
: 9

Health
: 6/12

Gold
: 5

Inventory
: Longbow (WP: 3), Fang Dagger (WP: 4, unsuitable), Dread Hat (lower level enemies will not directly attack the wearer), Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

019.JPG

Sir Christopher Daggerfall
(played by Fred Fred Burger)

Level 6 Knight

Power
:9

Health
:13/15

Gold
:0

Inventory
: Shining Greatsword (WP:3), Shield with Crown Emblem (SP:2), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Tonic, Bone, Bedroll

6042579809_6e41d8c052_t.jpg

Jess Islanti
(played by cralegoboy)

Level 6 Rogue

Power
: 10

Health
: 8/12

Gold

Inventory
: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, 2 Venoms

ava-tesni.jpg

Tesni Hightribe
(played by Peppermint_M)

Level 6 Barbarian

Power

Health
: 6/13

Gold

Inventory
: Cryfder (WP:3), Fang Dagger (WP: 4, unsuitable), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, Mead

thrain_small.jpg

Thrain Longbeard
(played by Lego Pinocchio)

Level 6 Knight

Power

Health
: 11/15

Gold

Inventory
: Dwarf Sword (WP: 3), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions

heroica_character_avatar.png

Tomas
(played by Captain Tamamono)

Level 6 Cleric

Power

Health
: 10/14

Ether
: 8/10

Gold

Inventory
: Gold Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 2 Remedies, Bedroll, Bone

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-firebomb.jpg3 x Fire Bomb – Causes 5 points of fire-elemental damage to all enemies, doubled if the target is weak to fire.

*huh* MegaBloks!

Tesni, you and I were incredible! :excited:

Okay, so on the subject of loot.

We have three Fire Bombs, Phoenix Essence, and a Dread Hat to split up.

So let's see...

Tomas and Christopher each already received a smaller item each (if such an adjective can be applied to Grand Potions and Tonics), so I'll give them a second lower item from this collection. I give Tomas and Christopher one Fire Bomb each.

I already gave Jess an upgraded weapon she could use, so I think it's fair if I give Jess a Fire Bomb.

Which leaves the Phoenix Essence and a Dread Hat for Tesni and I, who will only receive one of the items from the last two battles. Since I have the lower health, I think it makes sense if I give Tesni the Phoenix Essence permanently and keep the Dread Hat.

And just to even things out a bit more, I'll give Jess the 5 gold remaining in my own moneybag.

Does everyone find that fair?

The party returns to the farmhouse, where Old Mack Donauld is already waiting for them.

heroicaquest1-mackdonauld.jpg

"You saved the fifth field, and banished all the monsters infecting our crops and flocks. That means you lot have earned the reward of 600 gold to share and a bottle of Mead to each of you! I hope that is enough for a thanks to your hard work."

The old farmer tips his hat backwards.

"Now, there are about fifty farmers on this island, and I've heard most of them have similar problems with monsters, so if you have the time..."

The party sees it best to bow out at this moment, and return to the city to enjoy their reward.

THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!

Party (after the quest):

ava-bartholomew.png

Bartholomew Docken
(played by Brickdoctor)

Level 6 Ranger (Party Leader)

Power

Health
: 12/12

Gold
: 100

Inventory
: Longbow (WP: 3), Fang Dagger (WP: 4, unsuitable), Dread Hat (lower level enemies will not directly attack the wearer), Mead, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

019.JPG

Sir Christopher Daggerfall
(played by Fred Fred Burger)

Level 6 Knight

Power
:9

Health
:15/15

Gold
:100

Inventory
: Shining Greatsword (WP:3), Shield with Crown Emblem (SP:2), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Tonic, Mead, Fire Bomb, Bone, Bedroll

6042579809_6e41d8c052_t.jpg

Jess Islanti
(played by cralegoboy)

Level 6 Rogue

Power

Health
: 12/12

Gold
: 110

Inventory
: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, 2 Venoms, Mead, Fire Bomb

ava-tesni.jpg

Tesni Hightribe
(played by Peppermint_M)

Level 6 Barbarian

Power

Health
: 13/13

Gold

Inventory
: Cryfder (WP:3), Fang Dagger (WP: 4, unsuitable), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads

thrain_small.jpg

Thrain Longbeard
(played by Lego Pinocchio)

Level 6 Knight

Power

Health
: 15/15

Gold

Inventory
: Dwarf Sword (WP: 3), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions

heroica_character_avatar.png

Tomas
(played by Captain Tamamono)

Level 6 Cleric

Power

Health
: 14/14

Ether
: 10/10

Gold
: 105

Inventory
: Gold Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 2 Remedies, Mead, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, Bone

Ahem, Farmer Donauld, I believe a reward of 600 gold means we gain 100 gold each, not 50. :wink:

Thanks everyone, for a wonderful first quest!

Especially Sir Christopher the Meatshield-With-a-Whole-Lot-of-Potions. Meatshields are always welcome in my parties. :wub: Thrain, you didn't speak much, but thanks for your shielding efforts, too. :sweet:

Ahem, Farmer Donauld, I believe a reward of 600 gold means we gain 100 gold each, not 50. :wink:

"Don't tell a farmer how to count chickens!", the old farmer shouts after the party, shaking his fist. But a farmhand runs after them, giving them all the proper amount of gold.

"Hoorah, we are victorious!" :sweet: "It has been an honor to quest with you all, and I certainly hope we'll meet again!"

Victory, good job everyone, that last battle went marvelously well. I would like to thank all my team mates, especially our dearly beloved party leader:tongue:, and our wonderful quest master, who always kept things running smoothly.

So can we return to Heroica hall now?:sweet:

OCC:Hey guys do you think it would be fair to divide Lego Pinocchi's gold among the rest of us? Because, he made like one post over the course of the entire quest,

so it's not really fair to reward him the same as the people who participated the entire quest, but if you guys think he should keep his reward, that's fine with me too.

OCC:Hey guys do you think it would be fair to divide Lego Pinocchi's gold among the rest of us? Because, he made like one post over the course of the entire quest,

so it's not really fair to reward him the same as the people who participated the entire quest, but if you guys think he should keep his reward, that's fine with me too.

My thought was that the advertised reward was for being in the quest, and even though he wasn't participating, he was in it, so he should have the gold. He just received a lot less loot.

The map of the Corn Maze was found later by Old Mack. He drew the route that the party had taken into it, and sent it to the hired heroes at Heroica Hall for keepsake.

heroicaquest1-cornmazemap.jpg