KimT

Chrome Darth Vader

Wow, this is great! Hopefully they'll be included in many countries, including US, sort of like the gold 3PO, but less rare, maybe 1 million? It would be really great if the polybag was included in every new TIE Advanced set, but that's doubtful. Thanks for sharing, Ras, and I'm looking forward to more info, CopMike! :sweet:

Must...have...that..minifig! *oh2*

I know it is awesome! :wub: this is like the glow in the dark light saber idea from my pal Oky wan Why didn't they think of this before it's awesome! :wacko::cry_happy:

Anyone has noted that this is a simple minifig (I mean a minifig ALONE with any pieces just its lightsaber) being given by the TLC but they arenĀ“t supposed to have that rights cause they are keep by Hasbro.

And you're wrong.

TLC can handout promotional figs as they please.

This isn't a sole minifig being sold as a set.

This is a promotional handout, given when you buy the 8017 Vader's Tie.

So quite yer whining ya pesky pirate scum :tongue:

perhaps you are too quick to dismiss that point ... here's what I got back from a Lego Rep who I asked about UK availability of this promo figure :

The Darth Vader's TIE (8017) includes a Darth Vader minifigure. However, it is not possible that customers who pre-ordered this item would receive an additional minifigure, as the LEGO Group does not have the rights to sell or distribute figures seperately. Our license partners, LucasArts have already allowed another toy manufacturer to produce Star Wars figurines, and so we can only sell them within a set.

We do currently have set 8017 in stock, and you are more than welcome to order it, but you will not receive an extra minifigure.

I've highlighed the relevant bit in bold. You'll note is says "sell or distribute" which to me means that they can't even give them away free if it's just a fig on it's own. Which this is ...

perhaps you are too quick to dismiss that point ... here's what I got back from a Lego Rep who I asked about UK availability of this promo figure :

The Darth Vader's TIE (8017) includes a Darth Vader minifigure. However, it is not possible that customers who pre-ordered this item would receive an additional minifigure, as the LEGO Group does not have the rights to sell or distribute figures seperately. Our license partners, LucasArts have already allowed another toy manufacturer to produce Star Wars figurines, and so we can only sell them within a set.

We do currently have set 8017 in stock, and you are more than welcome to order it, but you will not receive an extra minifigure.

I've highlighed the relevant bit in bold. You'll note is says "sell or distribute" which to me means that they can't even give them away free if it's just a fig on it's own. Which this is ...

No, heĀ“s right.

I got an email from TLC recently as well, and it said Ā“We doesnĀ“t know about this, it must be the Swedish Lego group which have this as an 10th-anniversary itemĀ“.

TLC arenĀ“t giving away the fig, itĀ“s a bonus when you buy a, as they call it, Ā“big setĀ“. Like a $40 set can have 1 or 3 minifigs, this set just have an extra minifig that comes with the set, just like the chrome gold C-3PO:s. They were only one minifig, too, but they were included in the set. However, what youĀ“re saying is (at least partially) right, and thatĀ“s why they had the mini V-19 Torrent as a give-away instead of a small set with a minifig, as in some of the Daily Mirror-sets.

Edited by Dennimator

It is really the same deal as for the C-3PO mini-figure.

It was in a "polybag" in the set. You had to buy a set to get it.

In the case of the 8017, it came outside the box.

But you still had to buy a set!

No one ever said it was just randomly handed out!

There was no way of trying to bribe the guy to sell me one, or just hand me one.

So in that concern, it couldĀ“ve just have been in the box.

When it will be distributed later on, it will probably be in a set, or come next to it

as it did in the case here in Sweden.

-Ras-

It is really the same deal as for the C-3PO mini-figure.

It was in a "polybag" in the set. You had to buy a set to get it.

In the case of the 8017, it came outside the box.

But you still had to buy a set!

No one ever said it was just randomly handed out!

There was no way of trying to bribe the guy to sell me one, or just hand me one.

So in that concern, it couldĀ“ve just have been in the box.

When it will be distributed later on, it will probably be in a set, or come next to it

as it did in the case here in Sweden.

-Ras-

Yeah, that was what i said was trying to say.

You said it better than me... :blush::tongue:

:hmpf:

Whatever! :tongue:

I just want it.

In-the-box or out-of-the-box

Oh yeah and let's quit this guessing discussion on legal-rights and get back to the real subject here.

The greatest Vader fig ever released.

:hmpf:

Whatever! :tongue:

I just want it.

In-the-box or out-of-the-box

Oh yeah and let's quit this guessing discussion on legal-rights and get back to the real subject here.

The greatest Vader fig ever released.

Totally agree with you KimT :laugh::thumbup: .

Check out my post in the Rebelscum forums for information on US and Canadian availability.

Our license partners, LucasArts have already allowed another toy manufacturer to produce Star Wars figurines, and so we can only sell them within a set.

LucasArts has nothing to do with the licensing of the Star Wars brand. It is all done through Lucas Licensing, which is a division of Lucasfilm. And the clear lines that used to exist between the Hasbro and LEGO license have been relaxed so that LEGO would be permitted to release figure sets should they decide to, but they chose not to.

Edited by LEGOscum

Check out my post in the Rebelscum forums for information on US and Canadian availability.

Great :hmpf_bad:

So those 10000 Darth Vaders will only be in the US?

What about the rest of Europe?

Anyways, thanks for the info.

It's all in my post:

Ten thousand in the USA & Canada.

And that I'll post more infor about the rest of the world when I get it.

I didn't think I was being unclear :wacko:

Edited by LEGOscum

Only 10,000 in the U.S. and Canada!!?

(Seeing as how I'm in South Carolina...)

That's about as depressing as being told your dog just died....Or something like that.

Not too many posts ago everyone was sure that there were only 1,000 and they were all in Sweden. Now another 10,000 more and two extra countries have been added to the list.

And you're complaining?

If this compares to losing a family pet I think you're values are a bit skewed. I'd be a lot more upset to find out my 12 year old cat had died then if someone told me I couldn't have a piece of plastic.

And you're complaining?(1)

If this compares to losing a family pet I think you're values are a bit skewed. I'd be a lot more upset to find out my 12 year old cat had died then if someone told me I couldn't have a piece of plastic.(2)

1-Yes, I'm complaining, just because South Carolina has no chance at all when it comes to lego promos like this.

2-Hence the '...Or something like that.' at the end of my other post.

Sarcasm.

Plus, I don't have cats. No hard feelings.

You think living in the outback of the US is bad? Haha, funny guy...

Seroiously... you get lego cheap as and complain about a SECOUND promo figure (gold C3PO last year being the first)??? Try living on the other side of the world where lego is a complete ripoff, and where promos don't even exist...

Edited by legoman

Not too many posts ago everyone was sure that there were only 1,000 and they were all in Sweden. Now another 10,000 more and two extra countries have been added to the list.

And you're complaining?

No not quite right.

I said that 10 stores got 100 each (which turned out in the end that they didnĀ“t got so many), that was just what we got, nothing about that beeing all that would be in the world.

That Sweden should have been privileged as the only country was never a discussion.

But since we got them in Sweden, all we can hope for is that Europe will have some more.

How knows, letĀ“s find out.

The thing with Sweden getting them is odd though.

Why not do this deal in Denmark instead where the toy was invented?

But hey, IĀ“m not complaining :grin:

We got a fortress (Ƅlvsborgs fƤstning) we need to get paid back for, so not more then fair!!

-Ras-

Ras, I wasn't quoting you, nor was I replying to you. I was commenting that this promo was going to be far more available than originally thought and people should stop whinging about it before they even knew the facts.

As for why it was Sweden first, I guess it is because they arrived there before anywhere else and your toy shop put them out on the shelves early. Give it a few days and these will be appearing in Germany before long. Then the rest of the world will start reporting them.

Edited by LEGOscum

Well I hope there is this many in Aus. :grin:

Thats if we neven get it :hmpf_bad: we hardly ever get the promos that you guys get so you shouldnt really complain :sadnew:

Well this are some sad news :sadnew: . Even if there are a bit more than 10,000 minifigs they are not enough :tongue: . Back in 2007, I was hoping to found a golden C-3PO in my sets but then nothing, next I think well lets try ebay and what? They went for over $100 :hmpf_bad: , a price that is extremely over for just a minifig :cry_sad: . And then if this promotion is not by pre-ordering the set I will finish again with nothing in my hands :thumbdown: . This is somewhat an unfair promotion for us the AFOLs, why not simply the TLC put one of this minifigs with a pre-ordering promotion with a limit time of like 10 days. Then we all can have a chance of get one of those in our hands.

Edited by darkrebellion

It's all in my post:

Ten thousand in the USA & Canada.

And that I'll post more infor about the rest of the world when I get it.

I didn't think I was being unclear :wacko:

Erhm.. no it's not all in your post. :tongue:

But I'll be looking forward to any info you can get on this fig hitting the rest of the world.

And you weren't unclear.

Ras, I wasn't quoting you, nor was I replying to you. I was commenting that this promo was going to be far more available than originally thought and people should stop whinging about it before they even knew the facts.

As for why it was Sweden first, I guess it is because they arrived there before anywhere else and your toy shop put them out on the shelves early. Give it a few days and these will be appearing in Germany before long. Then the rest of the world will start reporting them.

I know that.

But since I

Whether or not the "rumor" about 10,000 chrome Vaders in Canada/US is true or not, I won't have trouble believing it since the same thing with the gold C-3PO happened last year. That would be really great, but hopefully this time TLG will provide some to other countries as well.

Chrome, ON!

Erhm.. no it's not all in your post. :tongue:

Uh, yes it was. The answers to your questions were all there to begin with.

Whether or not the "rumor" about 10,000 chrome Vaders in Canada/US is true or not

There's no rumour - this came directly from LEGO marketing.

we hardly ever get the promos that you guys get

I don't suppose you know where I should look for the repacked gold C-3PO that TRU AU distributed on a cardback instead of the polybag? I've only heard of one person getting one, and none appeared on eBay to my knowledge.

Edited by LEGOscum

Uh, yes it was. The answers to your questions were all there to begin with.

Are you trying to offend me?

As far as I remember your link only stated that 10000 would be released in Canada and the US.

Your link does not give any info on the rest of the world and it is a pretty big world outside North-American borders.

All I asked was if anyone knew anything about this fig being released other places in the world.

santa2.gif