just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

... and Lego will follow with reveals of all the sets. That would be awesome.

Awesome indeed :wub: Based on what was revealed the last two times at SDCC, I really wouldn't count on that, but there's still a slight possibility when I think about it. First off, unlike the the last two years, the sets were all shown at the London Toy Fair. Secondly, most sources still state October as the intended release date (the "official" statements are phrased in quite a vague and fishy way) and the earlier the release, the more likely a reveal of all sets at once :grin: Lastly, it's probably the last Hobbit (or Middle Earth) wave, so they might throw us a bone here and reward our patience :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I'm thinking (have a hunch) that PJ will make a surprise visit to SDCC to reveal the first teaser trailer for BoFA, and Lego will follow with reveals of all the sets. That would be awesome.

PJ has just been CONFIRMED for appearance at SDCC and will show NEW footage in Hall H ... as per TheOneRing.net :wink:

Edited by atreyu2112

Awesome indeed :wub: Based on what was revealed the last two times at SDCC, I really wouldn't count on that, but there's still a slight possibility when I think about it. First off, unlike the the last two years, the sets were all shown at the London Toy Fair. Secondly, most sources still state October as the intended release date (the "official" statements are phrased in quite a vague and fishy way) and the earlier the release, the more likely a reveal of all sets at once :grin: Lastly, it's probably the last Hobbit (or Middle Earth) wave, so they might throw us a bone here and reward our patience :sweet:

I like that... i like that a lot :wub: :wub: :wub:

When is SDCC? Reading through the thread again has gotten me has gotten me really excited for the Erebor and Dol Guldur sets.

I think we can almost guarantee Erebor appearing at SDCC. At the minimum. It is likely the show piece set for this wave. Just as Bag End was a few years back. It's also something they can mainly show off without spoiling anything. Everyone knows what Erebor looks like in the movies at this point. Just as they knew more or less what the movie Bag End would be and showing us Lake Town didn't exactly spoil stuff. (Oh look snow?). We knew more or less from the books what Laketown is and what it looks like.

I'm just wandering what minifigs we'll see at SDCC.

The figs included with Erebor would be my guess, i guarantee Thorin and Bilbo already

I'm just wandering what minifigs we'll see at SDCC.

If 79018 is the only set to be revealed, the minifig selection might actually be quite boring. Bilbo and Thorin are pretty much a given and the other minifigs are assumed to be a couple (like 5-6) of the other dwarves since the set is supposed to be based on the final scenes of DoS :wink: Of course they'd all be new variations, but that's hardly as impressive as entirely new characters which the other three sets have plenty of :grin: That's why I hope to see at least two sets, or better yet, all of them :wub: I really don't want to wait till October to see the other ones :cry3:

if the release date of the sets is really october (wich i still failry doubt will happen) then they could show more than 1 set at sdcc.

@deskp: The release date is not the only factor at work here :wink: I think the main argument in favor of a bigger reveal is the fact we've already known about those sets for quite a while now; something we definitely didn't the last two times around. Last year, we didn't even know how many sets were supposed to be released :tongue: And then there's the appearance at the London Toy Fair, which still puzzles me :wacko: Perhaps (and hopefully) they decided to skip both the Nuremberg and the NY Toy Fairs in favor of a more spectacular reveal at the SDCC? Skipping these two is a rather strange thing to do since they're both able to impose photo restrictions, even though the effectiveness of said restriction is quite questionable (case in point: TMNT and GOTG). I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for a reveal of all four sets since the situation is considerably different from the last two cons :sweet:

I agree. I'm expecting all 4 sets to be revealed. They'll be revealing the first footage/trailer ever seen for TBotFA, PJ himself will be present... It doesn't get more exciting than that. There's no better time for Lego to capitalize on the hype that this SDCC brings for the Hobbit/LotR/Tolkien fandom.

has this been released before?

It gives us a glimpse of Smaug!!!

10502182_10152270871148403_3250037541332057343_n.jpgO

EDIT:

fixed it!

Edited by dr jones

Can anyone provide a translation?

It's the cheatccode to unlock Narzug, in the lego hobbit game.

@lehuunguyen88: It was posted an hour ago on the official LEGO facebook page:

Looks great :wub: Can't wait to see the figure in its entirety :laugh:

That really is unexpected

I think we can all say that the SDCC reveal is confirmed then?

Okay Lego is driving us mad here, they typed this with the picture: Well now, what have we here? This certainly IS unexpected…

:sing:

Edited by kevkipo

I think we can all say that the SDCC reveal is confirmed then?

I don't think this was being disputed anyway, but I fail to see how you're connecting this to an SDCC reveal?

An SDCC reveal is nigh confirmed. There's no reason for them to post Smaug except to troll us.

Oh wow from what I've seen that Smaug looks awesome, his wing appears to be connected by a ball joint and that new moulded tail looks cool. :classic:

Smaug is looking great. While I don't think we'll see all the sets at SDCC, I think the one we'll see is the one with Smaug. :classic:

I don't think this was being disputed anyway, but I fail to see how you're connecting this to an SDCC reveal?

I think Lego-Freak explained most. And to add something to his wise words:

I think this is a teaser for the Erebor SDCC release, Smaug's ready his mold is finished as we can see here, there's no doubt about a SDCC Erebor reveal now

Edited by kevkipo

Was it already confirmed what the Lonely Mountain will include? Is it the front gates of Erebor or an interior like the Mines of Moria set?