Dan Church

MOC: Leoda Keep

On the eastern boarder of King Hirald's rule lies the Leoda Keep. Built as a symbol of prosperity, it stands an the shore of the Banonk Sea across which lies a land of war and terror. On a rock outcrop stands a memorial to all those who have fought for honor and glory in that far off land.

The Keep is maintained by Lord Aravhail and his woodsmen. Together they protect the eastern border in case of attack from across the sea.

dscn1071.jpg

dscn1079.jpg

dscn1080.jpg

dscn1083.jpg

dscn1086.jpg

dscn1095.jpg

Builder's notes: Boy it feels good to be building again! With my first semester of college in the rear view mirror, I needed to exercise some creativity, and a castle seemed like fun! The build overall weighs in at almost 20lbs! By far the heaviest MOC I've ever made. I really hope you like it as much as I do!

C&C Always welcome!

Really great effect with the slopes used as corners!!!

It sure looks heavy! :laugh:

Very impressive castle! I like the rochester design and the slopes at the corners are really neat :thumbup:

Excellent landscaping as well, interesting effect with clear plates over blue for the water.

Would love to see you building for Mitgardia again, the last official challenge was just announced: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62242 :wink:

Would love to see how the tower corners were built.

Very cool MOC. Love the two colors of blue under the transparents for the ocean.

I really like how you and others have been knocking off the corners of towers with those slopes. I also like the quantity of the flower stems you've used--just enough to give the impression of grass, but not overpowering like others have done which looks a bit cluttered in my opinion. Nice job!

A beautiful MOC. I'd also like to say how much I love the official LEGO goats. :]