CorneliusMurdock

TMNT 2013

Why not wait another month until the sets actually come out? You'll be assured that they're 100% original and probably end up paying a lot less...

Thank you @The_Chosen_One. good suggestion. I'll probably just do that.

And yes, those prelim pics are hilarious. I'm happy this year TLG have held the pics until they're the final set so that we don't have to talk about silly prelim pics

Edited by Pumpkin Pie

I think TLC is making a big mistake not releasing the sets until January (See LEGO Magazine, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, p.39, (Nov-Dec. 2012 issue)). The holiday season is a peak shopping season, and I know that there are quite a few people in my community who like TMNT. (certain TMNT action figs keep selling out - mostly Leonardo, Raphael, and Shredder). Children, at least where I live, get a 1-2 week holiday in December and could spend the time playing with their new TMNT sets. Come January, the children would be back in school and would have less time to play.

Hopefully, TLC releases the sets in the next couple weeks.

^ could it depend on when the lego company get the license to release these sets because aren't some of these from upcoming cartoons/movies ?

^^The cartoon has been airing for at least a couple months now.

Shredder just appeared in the show. Even more reason for TLC to sell TMNT sets now while interest might be at a peak.

Edited by gundamz

^^The cartoon has been airing for at least a couple months now.

Shredder just appeared in the show. Even more reason for TLC to sell TMNT sets now while interest might be at a peak.

Has anyone watched it? Just wondered how it might compare to the original, because in design it's a very different beast.

Has anyone watched it? Just wondered how it might compare to the original, because in design it's a very different beast.

I was a HUGE Ninja Turtle fan in their original heyday, and I have to say I think that, in a lot of respects, the new show is even better than the original cartoon.

My favorite part about it is that it has got a nice sense of continuity within itself, with a real slow burn that draws out the tension on a lot of plot points.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's a worthy successor, IMO.

That's considered a spoiler? Seriously? :tongue:

I was a HUGE Ninja Turtle fan in their original heyday, and I have to say I think that, in a lot of respects, the new show is even better than the original cartoon.

I completely agree. Not only does the show surpass all previous incarnations of the Turtles in a lot of respects, but the way it pays homage to them is great and very respectfully done.

My favorite part about it is that it has got a nice sense of continuity within itself, with a real slow burn that draws out the tension on a lot of plot points.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's a worthy successor, IMO.

That is fabulous news. Must get me a viewing.

Although I have not watched the first TMNT TV show (Just because I just got into TMNT with this cartoon) but this is an excellent TV show. One of my favorites in fact.

So do we know for sure when the TMNT sets are coming out?

There's a very cool video showing the design process of TMNT on the lego club website. www.legoclub.com. You need a password, which is in a foldout of the last LEGO club magazine. I don't know if I can post it here. Pretty obvious - 6 letters and it's related to TMNT.

Edited by gundamz

Crazy question? I'm just curious how well known is the show or characters outside of the US and Canada? Did it have a deep penetration and following?

There's a very cool video showing the design process of TMNT on the lego club website. www.legoclub.com. You need a password, which is in a foldout of the last LEGO club magazine. I don't know if I can post it here. Pretty obvious - 6 letters and it's related to TMNT.

Why not? The word is 'TURTLE'.

Wow, that video sold me on the Shell Raiser set. It has gosh darn train wheels! And the inside is pretty compact! :wub:

I'll try to buy it instead of that $60 Galaxy set. Then I can complete my TMNT collection!

Well seeing that the Shellraiser is supposed to be a modified subway car, the wheels make sense. Changed my mind a little bit, may have to get. But between Super-heroes , hobbit, and TMNT, two of the sets will have to wait.

I'll get Kraang, Shedder, Turtle lair , and Baxter, just to get the main characters if the Turtle mythos.

Thanks Kez, it's a shame i'm getting so much like a nexus 7, cod black ops 2, Nikon L26, TDKR set and the batboat set that I won't get any just yet. :sad: