Sign in to follow this  
Ozrik

LDD Parts list for your MOC

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Eurobricks so please be kind :)

I'm working on a model in LDD and I already know how many bricks i've used (it is totalled at the bottom when you select bricks on screen). Question is, can I get LDD to give me a list of what parts and how many of each part i've used. If LDD can't do this, whats the simplest/quickest way?

Thanks for your help, if this has already been covered in another topic, would appreciate a link :)

Rob

If LDD can't do this, whats the simplest/quickest way?

Ozrik,

Welcome to the forum.

Sadly, LDD cannot perform your request.

But, another LDD Fan, Superkalle, has devised a program that can: LDD Manager.

See here for instructions for download and help!

If LDD can't do this, whats the simplest/quickest way?

Current version of the LDD (4.3.5) has a new function - Export of BOM (bill of materials) to Excel. It is as a menu item in the File menu.

Edited by hrontos

Current version of the LDD (4.3.5) has a new function - Export of BOM (bill of materials) to Excel. It is as a menu item in the File menu.

Why didn't I know that?? :angry: Thanks, Hrontos, for sharing :thumbup:. The Excel list produced is actually quite neat :cry_happy:

Thats brilliant, thanks very much your your help! :D

Just tried the export BOM file and it was spot on! exactly what I was after. But I shall also give the LDD manager a look as well.

Thanks again!

Edited by Ozrik

Just tried the export BOM file and it was spot on! exactly what I was after. But I shall also give the LDD manager a look as well.

LDD Manager will help you a lot if you plan to get the parts from the BrickLink.

If you just want to handpick your parts from your own boxes, this excel BOM is good enough.

There's also a Java program called Brickhelper, which I've used in the past. It can generate an XML file that's compatible with BrickLink "want list" bulk upload format. I've used it because LDD Manager is Windows-only and I'm on Mac.

The program can be DL'd here. Scroll down the page a bit, it's like the third or fourth item.

To be honest, I've not used it in quite some time and it's quite possible that it won't recognize a lot of the newer parts and colors.

Take a look at the section index here: you will find a list of utilities, perhaps there is what you are looking for.

For PaB, perhaps is this what are you asking for?