Although € 80,00 is a decent price for the 3804 Lego Mindstorms RIS 2.0 set, be advised that it is 10 years old. The currently-offered Lego Mindstorms set is the 8547 NXT 2.0 set. Accounting for inflation over the past decade, the price has remained constant (USD $200 for the RIS 2.0 in 2001, and USD $280 for the NXT 2.0 today).

3804-1.ImageL.jpgdownload8BECFDA0517A505735D8E38A0137B963.jpg

Yes, both sets can be used with Lego Power Functions elements, but one needs the 8528 Converter Cable AND the 8886 Power Functions Extension Wire.

downloadDFE48E146564F17B9EB785603F4F0A3D.jpgdownloadF239AA3BBD4C28D48FC981912740EE12.jpg

To learn about what you can do with each intelligent brick, visit these two Brickset webpages to read the reviews: 3804 RIS 2.0 and 8547 NXT 2.0 .

Thnx Dluders,

This is helpfull

I totally agree with DLuders. It's a fair price, but you are way better off buying an NXT. Since the price is pretty steep, you could consider buying a seperate NXT unit and some cables/motors/sensors, depending on your needs.

Btw, I notice you are from The Netherlands.

http://link.marktplaats.nl/507007712

You can take a look at Marktplaats. Sometimes complete new sets are sold for around 200 euros.

Edited by Gekke Ted

Thnx Dluders,

This is helpfull

I would not go that far. It is 10 years old, true; depending on the condition of the set however $80 is cheap. Assuming that everything is OK than I's say it really is a good price. There is a very good amount of more "classical" Technic and system bricks and plates in the set. In addition, NQC is out there and along with BricxCC all for no charge you can program the RCX on a rather decent level.

The NQC is compatible with Scout and Spybot PBricks - true, old stuff again, but it's fun to see them interact all running programs in the same language. I happen to have about 13 "classical" RCX, Scout and Spybots - they still all work perfectly well.

Well just my thoughts,

Regards,

Thorsten

Thanks very much for the reply's

The choice is easier now , the set is sold

I will save a little more and get the newer mindstorms.

Thanks very much for the reply's

The choice is easier now , the set is sold

I will save a little more and get the newer mindstorms.

Wise decision :thumbup: