SharkMan

What is the hardest Lego set you have ever built?

I built that model in this thread and found it pretty straightforward.

I'm not the most technical minded person, and this was my first technic model, for which I did not have step-by-step instructions. Even building it a second time, I found it difficult.

Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, and maybe Market Street and the Hobby Train Set 10183. They were all pretty long builds due to the high number of pieces. Sometimes the difference between dark bluish grey and black is not easy to recognise in the instructions. That was another problem.

As I've just surfaced from my dark age (sorting, sorting, sorting), I can't really give a recent answer to this other than my build of 8880. I snagged it off bricklink, not really caring the cost as I had wanted the set for so very long.

The build wasn't hard per se, but it was definitely more challenging than building a simple house :P.

Back when I was a kid, I bought 5590 (Whirl/Wheel Super Truck) in 1990 (I was 10). Buying the set then was a bad idea as I vaguely remember getting really frustrated building it. I think the equivalent would be having my nephew build Green Grocer :).

Now that I think of it, I'm not even sure I finished building 5590 - It's on my list of sets to rebuild after the monumental task of sorting is completed.

Great topic :D

The hardest set for me would probably be the Batcave. Not because the instructions or anything, just the fact that no bags were numbered at all! And while we are talking about difficult things if you get the chance try and make one of These

Looks easy, but it isnt.

Edited by MrTools

Hardest for me was the statue of liberty 3450. It was just so slow with all the same colors and similar pieces that my patience at that age was wearing thin. Otherwise I don't think any set was really hard for me. Now the few evil megabloks I bought back in the day...those were a TRUE pain. What was I thinking?!

I think the hardest set I have ever built has been Alpha Rex from set 8547

I've built many, many sets, but 10018 Darth Maul is definately, surprisingly, the hardest. The Instructions just got so confusing!