Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

MOTEE 6C

Looks like we may be in for a little shower this evening. Damnist thing is that we can get a flood in these parts and Main Street not a lick'a rain.

:hmpf_bad: Yeah, Damnist thing...

avjethro.jpg

Here ya go fella's. I've got one for myself and Jeb as well. We're gonna bunk with you tonight! :wink: (begins passing out wool blankets)

One of the things that's always fun to do during these types of "outings" is to light a small camp fire and tell some spooky stories right before bed. Jeb's got a million of 'em! (begins making a small pile of wood for a campfire outside the barn) What'a ya say if we light one up and start tell'n some stories? If it starts to rain, we'll just go back under the barn and call it a night.

(by now the fire is a pretty good size and the temperature outside begins to drop)

Who wants to start?

Who wants to start?

Once upon a time there was a Mystery Ship and a man on it named Stinky. He was a deckhand and the ship broke down and a creature ran around and then Stinky died. But he wasn't dead, he was from Atlantis. Creepy, huh?

Can I try to light the fire? I've read a lot about flint. Ooh, a machete, huh? I bet the voice in the sky doesn't want me adding such things, so nobody should think they can use the machete or flint for anything but starting fires.

:look: Why are you sleeping out here with us during this storm instead of inside your nice warm house where it's dry?

:look: Why are you sleeping out here with us during this storm instead of inside your nice warm house where it's dry?

I'm a sucker for a good ghost story!

I'm a sucker for a good ghost story!

Well, I don't have anymore, so you can go back to sleep in your house. Could I get a Fresca®? I'm parched. Thanks.

Oh, I'm not the best storyteller. I left out all of the sloshing. That was the scariest part. There was this really funny Captain. He's the best part. So funny. He's obsessed with the Love Boat and all these 80's TV shows and other 80's things.

"You can dance if you want to.

You can leave your friends behind.

Because your friends don't dance

and if they don't dance, then they're

no friends of mine.

You can dance!

You can dance!

Everybody look at your pants."

By the way, I sing in my sleep. And sleepwalk. And sleep-snoop. And sleep-stab. And sleep-poop. And sleep-read. And sleep tractor-tip. And sleep-shave...but not myself...and not faces.

Did you just hear something that sounded like evil blade-wielding children rustling through the corn? :look:

So, er...got any stories? I hear that mayor's pretty cooky, huh? Have any stories about him? Is what that weird Howard Snitchman lady says true about him trying to kill everyone?

Well I know a few.

Well once there was this Friar who edited his posts but another noble man could see what was written, no wait that's not it.

Once there was this kings advisor who had an intruder one night who found out he was a traitor to the dead king, then had the intruder killed, slept with a servant and knight, and fooled the castle folk for many nights before his treachery was uncovered with his supporters falling on their swords! True story.

Spooky huh?

Well I know a few.

Well once there was this Friar who edited his posts but another noble man could see what was written, no wait that's not it.

Once there was this kings advisor who had an intruder one night who found out he was a traitor to the dead king, then had the intruder killed, slept with a servant and knight, and fooled the castle folk for many nights before his treachery was uncovered with his supporters falling on their swords! True story.

Spooky huh?

Did he kill him with a potato?? :cry_sad:

Anyway, Bulldog, great story! But, I was asking Jethro or Jeb for horror stories about the Mayor...and anyone else who might make laws in this town. Not that I know of anyone else who might be controlling things around here. I just get a hunch. I've read a lot about small town government and doubt a town this size would leave all it's decisions up to a mayor. Towns with populations under 1000 people rarely use a mayor. They rely on a council of townsfolk to make the laws and decision... :look: Any stories about that, canine and gentlemen? Hmmm...?

LOL! Sleep-poop! You city folk are funny!

:hmpf_bad: It's a hereditary condition.

Now tell me a damn story...please. :blush:

Far as I know, Mayor is in charge. I tend to stay out here, avoid going into town when I can help it. Even though my roots are in this town, I still get a funny feeling when I go into town...and not like the rope in gym class! Mayor has always been polite to me, and Snitchman has always been a few crayons short of a box...not that much to add. Newest addition is probably the dog, I like him cause he keeps the cats away, along with the raccoons, oppossum, rabbits, all that riff-raff.

But when we're not looking, I think he's in cahoots with the mice...we just got this fancy-shmancy cheese from the other side of the ocean, they call it Swiss cheese at the market. I thik that's why he has the kettle full of shine...

There once was a man from Nantucket...

There once was a man from Nantucket...

I know this one!

He carried around a blue bucket!

Darn, now I'm awake, thanks Herman, how did night watch duty go?

Nah, sorry partner, just a bit grumpy. I'll join in as soon as I'm fully conscious.

but settled for Tim Tams

(Kath get away from the keyboard)

Then sleep-pooped them out in the bucket!

So, since we're just sitting here. Tell me about this other way out of town you told us about when we first started our little trip. If we couldn't get back to the train, how would we get out of town?

So, since we're just sitting here. Tell me about this other way out of town you told us about when we first started our little trip. If we couldn't get back to the train, how would we get out of town?

An excellent idea Herman, perhaps there is a map you can decipher with your code cracking abilities!

Hopefully the walk isn't too long either?

The night began with a camp fire and some interesting ghost stories (+1 Life Points to Herman for bringing up Mystery Ship - just kidding).

After some more claps of loud thunder, the rain begins to fall; lightly at first... then small buckets... then by the kettle.

The group quickly enters the barn where the dampness can be felt inside. Getting cold, each person grabs a thick wool blanket from Jethro. A number of you quickly fall to sleep with not much on your stomach except some marshmallows and barbequed iguana that Jethro was able to "whip up" on the camp fire.

With pounding rain on the tin roof of the barn and the eerie green fog in the sky, some of you sleep, while others lay awake waiting for what may come next.

Around 4:30 am, Austin jumps out of bed feeling a severe stinging pain on his right leg. He looks down on the ground to find a small scorpion that has bitten him. :oh3: He suffers 2 life points damage before saying, I'm gonna be sick"... :sick: The heavy rain begins to subside.

Some rest and strange tea that Jeb cooks up in a dutch oven over the camp fire (that seems to taste like TimTams) brings Austin back to life in the morning, although his color is a putrid green.

Interestingly, the heavy rain during the night has uncovered something shiny in the distance. The group walks over through the muddy grass to discover a train track leading through the woods.

Awww, I feel awful and drained of life....can anyone recommend any if them healin' techniques? Errr....feeling awful.....

Thanks for the tea anyway Jeb, appreciated partner, long as it's the scorpion that did this and not the drink, heh.

All right a train track, now we can find our way out of here! Jethro, I think you and I will have to carry Austin till he gets some colour back!

Sure thing. I can carry him for a bit.

I am strong, like bull!

Too bad we have no way to chit-chat with the other groups, maybe they know where these tracks lead to, because I sure don't. Lived here all my life, and I have never seen these til now!

Sure thing. I can carry him for a bit.

I am strong, like bull!

Too bad we have no way to chit-chat with the other groups, maybe they know where these tracks lead to, because I sure don't. Lived here all my life, and I have never seen these til now!

Thanks partner, and you too Bulldog, perhaps these train tracks will lead to one of the groups? Anyway, excuse me as I vomit over the side *Bleugh!* Errrr, ya sure that wasn't poison Jeb fed me?

Thanks for the tea anyway Jeb, appreciated partner, long as it's the scorpion that did this and not the drink, heh.

avmcfarlin.jpg

That tea saved your life boy! It's my old grandpappy's secret recipe for scorpion bites. Got it from an old Shoshone Indian we nicknamed Puking Bull, Never knew what happ'ned to old Puking Bull. You ever met'em?

I have met a Peuking Bull but I doubt he's the same guy. Jeb, have you ever seen these tracks before? If we were to follow them, which way into town?

Before we go though, do you have a garden shed?