I've seen lots of models with PF functionalities. It's about time I start with those as well but than I've to step back from my 1:13 scale models as they're to heavy to motorize. I still have some Black Cat wheels. I'm getting more and more curious about these kind of models as I've seen lots of nice ones last months. And they're looking great as well :classic:

Necrobumping my own thread. Oh dear!

But it is for a good reason. I have completed the instructions for the frame of the truck. They are available here

Thanks for the instructions, they look very clear and good to follow.

One question though: I see that you connected the back wheels of the truck almost directly to the XL motor, does it go well through bends without a differential?

I've seen lots of models with PF functionalities. It's about time I start with those as well but than I've to step back from my 1:13 scale models as they're to heavy to motorize. I still have some Black Cat wheels. I'm getting more and more curious about these kind of models as I've seen lots of nice ones last months. And they're looking great as well :classic:

I love your big trucks! Welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

The solid rear axle is usually no problem because the trucks tend to get quite nose heavy.

I will try to incorporate the new diff. in the design, but I didn't have any when I built the Scania.

The XL motor does also sit quite low in this design, but it's hard to find a better place without increasing the size of the whole construction.

I hope you like the instructions. Right now everything is auto generated from the mpd file.

The solid rear axle is usually no problem because the trucks tend to get quite nose heavy.

I will try to incorporate the new diff. in the design, but I didn't have any when I built the Scania.

The XL motor does also sit quite low in this design, but it's hard to find a better place without increasing the size of the whole construction.

I hope you like the instructions. Right now everything is auto generated from the mpd file.

Thanks, I had not considered the weight of the front in comparision to the back, but it makes perfect sense!

I very much like the instructions, in fact I am looking for a way to make instructions for this model.

I tried MLcad first but that program just messes up the steps and Lpub does not seem to be working on my system at all. And I am not that technical either.... I'll be following your project!

:classic:

Dennis,

I see no reason why you couldn't motorise your 1:13 scale trucks, the Large PF motor can deliver a lot of power! Enough to Torque Axles to Death! and if you were to use IR you can drive two sets from one remote (same channel) so you can effectivly use two motors and two battery packs.

Dennis,

I see no reason why you couldn't motorise your 1:13 scale trucks, the Large PF motor can deliver a lot of power! Enough to Torque Axles to Death! and if you were to use IR you can drive two sets from one remote (same channel) so you can effectivly use two motors and two battery packs.

It is not problem in XL's torque, but in strength of the gears, also in bracing driven gears together, they want to break away one from another, and in great weight of the cabin, thus great weight is on front (steered) axle. In my 10 Kg truck I used two XLs, and had problems with breaking gears in diff, so hub reduction was needed. Also bracing was issue due to limited space in the chassis. Front axle was built to be strong as hell. At the end everything was fine, truck is on youtube driving well.

Sorry for off in your topic, Lasse D!

It's not just about torque. You also have to get the model running. As Milan mentioned the weight of the front part is quite heavy. I have some models which can be motorized because the weight is more devided over the model. But I motorized all my machines (CAT D7R, Menck M154 and Atlas 1604 MK-ZW). They all work properly but the driven axles of the CAT are torned completely. For trucks it's better to use Milan's scale or with the 20x30 sized wheels.