KimT

Chrome Darth Vader

Well, there go 12 vaders. Only 9,988 left. Congrats though on all those rare minifigures. :D

Hello everybody !

Just so you know, the Vader figures have been around in Sweden and many Swedes have been selling theirs thinking it was just a " simple Vader "

Just check www.tradera.com this is where you can find them quit cheap.

http://www.tradera.com/-Ny-Star-Wars-Darth...uktion_79715336

http://www.tradera.com/-Ny-Star-Wars-Darth...uktion_79715226

http://www.tradera.com/-Ny-Star-Wars-Darth...uktion_79944488

and more,,, they go for like 250 Kr so no magic here don t worry,

Just wait a bit and they will all start popping on ebay otherwise.

ciao

Edited by kabalus

:oh3:

Lucky you!

Your american, right?

Yes. I am. It looks awsome. Now I just need the Gold C-3PO.

Hello everybody !

Just so you know, the Vader figures have been around in Sweden and many Swedes have been selling theirs thinking it was just a " simple Vader "

http://www.tradera.com/-Ny-Star-Wars-Darth...uktion_79715336

http://www.tradera.com/-Ny-Star-Wars-Darth...uktion_79715226

http://www.tradera.com/-Ny-Star-Wars-Darth...uktion_79944488

and more,,, they go for like 250 Kr so no magic here don t worry,

Just wait a bit and they will all start popping on ebay otherwise.

ciao

Yeah.

The problem is that most Tradera sellers doesn´t ship to other countries than Sweden. None of those you mentioned do.

(Well, no problem for me since I live in Sweden, just wanted to point it out. :grin: )

Well, hi and welcome to Eurobricks. Your first post was this? Why don´t you go and introduce yourself here :wink:!

The seller is from Sundsvall which one of the towns in Sweden that got this promotion. Matter of fact, they had two toystores with this, kind of cool considering Sundsvall only has about 50000 people and is ranked the 21st largest. I think the seller bought/was given a bunch of these and now he´s cashing in!

So I agree that for a couple of weeks one might be able to score a "cheap" one on swedish "e-bay"-sites but then the goldrush probably is over. And then it´s buying US sets for a shot a the 10000 ramdomly inserted into the SW-boxes.

CopMike

Didn t mean to be the saver but I felt a bit sorry for people seeming desperate for that figure.

And yes seller on tradera don t sell internationally but it was just to show people that the figures isn t actually that rare and doesn t have to cost 120USD.

Copemike should definetly help out people here ! eller hur!?

just kidding.

well.... I guess you were right...there is no more Vaders on the swedish site but they start popping on ebay,,,, already 3 there.

All you americans its your lucky day. I just got a confirmination email. Here it is:

Dear Michael

Thank you for your interest in LEGO® brand toys. We are always delighted to hear from a loyal LEGO enthusiast. The sets which have been released which may contain one of the 10,000 limited edition Darth Vader™ in polybag are: 8016, 8017, 8018, 8019. Additional sets will be released later in the year which may also include the limited edition figure. The figure is being included in 2009 LEGO Star Wars™ sets in celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the LEGO Star Wars line. If we can assist you further, please call us at 1-800-835-4386 Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday 10:00am to 6:00 pm EST.

Thank you again for contacting us. We wish your family many happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come.

Steve LEGO Direct Consumer Services. I can get another one. yay.

That a piece of good news! When does this promo start?

It started about 4 weeks ago in Sweden and 2 weeks ago in the US.

Have you read any of the preceeding +50 posts?

starts now. a chance in all $20+ 2009 SW sets. I just got one off the mace windo set today.

Edited by diabloiij

Do we have any more news about the availability of this figure in places other than the US and Sweden yet ?

I think Sweden was just a test. I believe this will be released only in the US, like the C-3PO. There are rumours of more than 10.000 which were made. They may be distributed globally, but the chances of winning one from that would be very small, as no more than the amount released int he US would be distributed globally, most likeyl unfairly concentrated in certain areass.

Edited by Motti

Didn t mean to be the saver but I felt a bit sorry for people seeming desperate for that figure.

And yes seller on tradera don t sell internationally but it was just to show people that the figures isn t actually that rare and doesn t have to cost 120USD.

Copemike should definetly help out people here ! eller hur!?

just kidding.

He is helping ppl out...for $120. :tongue:

Do we have any more news about the availability of this figure in places other than the US and Sweden yet ?

A Swedish LEGO employee commenting on the Swedish campaign did say that there were to be a campaign in Germany too. And there is info stating that there is to be 85.000 produced. Which would mean that it's going to hit other countries as well.

Edited by Mirandir

I'd imagine places like the UK, France and Germany will as well then.

I don't know about other countries, but the UK Lego site still isn't running because of the holidays, I'm still waiting for my Ahsoka's starfighter and Tie-fighter to be shipped. But if I get one, I'll point it out.

Is the Vader just chrome painted like C3PO or is it made from a a shiny plastic?

Painted like C3P0

Hi,

Has anyone heard any news of if we will be getting the Chrome Vaders in the UK?

Cheers Alex.

Hi,

Has anyone heard any news of if we will be getting the Chrome Vaders in the UK?

Cheers Alex.

Well , i live in England and i have one , but it was given to me as a present so i didn't order it , so , i have no idea! :tongue:

That really didn't help , sorry. :tongue:

P.S welcome to EB.

Edited by The crazy one

If anyone finds one but doesn't want it, throw me a PM. I won't pay the crazy ebay prices but i'm sure we can arrange somthing fair....

Edited by legoman