Sign in to follow this  
mcphatty

[MOD] 2017 Guardians' Milano 76081

Hi all! First post from me, I've been hopelessly hooked on the new Star Wars Lego for a few years now, modding a few like Poe's X-Wing, but I wasn't sure about posting pics since that one especially has been modded to death :)

I got the new Milano for my birthday (thanks kids!), it's an amazing little set but I think it just needs a couple of obvious tweaks to finish it off. Here's my effort, it's no movie replica but I've tried to build up the rear of the top to make it more substantial and added some fins. I also changed the main engine for a revolver stud shooter thing, added a couple of engines to the wings and turned the empty lower rear part into a hold for all the minifig weapons, Groot's boombox and Starlord's helmet. The annulax batteries went straight in the spares box with that horrible pink tentacle monster, yeuch! Lastly I filled in some empty internal gaps, like inside the ships 'chin', and changed those yellow hinge parts inside the wings for black ones.

Hopefully the photos show off the big changes. I think it's a fun little set that was sadly missing some finishing touches, but with a few spare parts added looks so much better!

MhF7l5z.jpg

P1yAbHT.jpg

OwxvdiJ.jpg

sylezTf.jpg

4rq1p8G.jpg

Edited by mcphatty

Thanks! I like your idea for squeezing Nebula in the back, smart! Shame you couldn't fit Groot and Rocket in the cockpit together though, it's a tight little space.