Spud The Viking

Best Lego in North Carolina

Hi guys, 

Not entirely sure this is the right place for this but I'll post it anyway (mods feel free to move/delete this).

I'm visiting NC from the UK for another week and have already bought two sets from Walmart. Are there any shops I should visit for lower prices for themes like Star Wars, City or Creator?

Thanks 

Edited by Spud The Viking

A friend of mine who lives in NC says there are loads of consignment shops that often have new Lego sets for huge bargains. He made me jealous talking about it. As for major chain stores, I don't know of any particular places to look.

Good luck!

23 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

A friend of mine who lives in NC says there are loads of consignment shops that often have new Lego sets for huge bargains. He made me jealous talking about it. As for major chain stores, I don't know of any particular places to look.

Good luck!

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled :look:

Not from the area and have not been to these store but

Bargain Hunt
in Charlotte, North Carolina

so times have good deals on slightly damaged sets. I think the place is hit or miss as far as having LEGO 

5 hours ago, biglesdug said:

Not from the area and have not been to these store but

Bargain Hunt
in Charlotte, North Carolina

so times have good deals on slightly damaged sets. I think the place is hit or miss as far as having LEGO 

I've heard of bargain hunt from my research, I'll check it out, thanks!

I live near Raleigh, and the best place I've heard of was consignment shops or Goodwill. Target is also a good place to pick up near-retiring sets, as they tend to mark them down considerably.

On 6/2/2017 at 9:34 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Hi guys, 

Not entirely sure this is the right place for this but I'll post it anyway (mods feel free to move/delete this).

I'm visiting NC from the UK for another week and have already bought two sets from Walmart. Are there any shops I should visit for lower prices for themes like Star Wars, City or Creator?

Thanks 

Walmart is clearancing sets right now but I can guarantee most have been picked through by now. Target is starting to clearance a little but it's mostly creator sets.

if you find a Kmart you may find old/obscure sets, sometimes clearance, but they're getting few and far between.

depending on where you're at, Craigslist, OfferUp, and Let Go could be an options too

any specific sets you're hoping to take home?

9 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Walmart is clearancing sets right now but I can guarantee most have been picked through by now. Target is starting to clearance a little but it's mostly creator sets.

if you find a Kmart you may find old/obscure sets, sometimes clearance, but they're getting few and far between.

depending on where you're at, Craigslist, OfferUp, and Let Go could be an options too

any specific sets you're hoping to take home?

Thanks for the advice, I'm looking mostly for Original Trilogy/Rogue One sets or Creator sets that have housing like the recent townhouse.

Edited by Spud The Viking