Commander Turtle

The Week in Bricks - a Youtube show

Hey all. I'm trying out a video series I'm calling The Week In Bricks, and the idea is to cover the week's reveals, store events, active contests, and do a featured MOC too.

Update: Latest episode

Prev episodes:

• April 24-30th - Ideas Apollo Saturn rocket, Grand Carousel
  • May 1st-7th - Create the World and commentary on Lego Dimensions
  • May 8th-14th - UCS Millennium Falcon rumour discussion
  • May 15th-21st - Renewable energy goal met early & ramifications

It was inspired because I've found it to be a grind getting info about current Lego goings-on - lots of places only cover the big releases, but the sites that cover everything release so much that it's difficult to follow. I thought there might be a niche for something that blasts through the week's news, with links in the description to follow up on if anything catches your attention.

I'd be thrilled to hear feedback and get an idea what the community would want from this sort of show

Edited by Commander Turtle

I absolutely love the idea of this - it's like a BBC News but for Lego entirely! 

I'd say keep at it, maybe even include news about contests on EB like SoNE and BoBS and promote recent reviewson EB. Good job for a first episode :thumbup:

Edited by Tariq j

On 5/1/2017 at 7:23 PM, Tariq j said:

I absolutely love the idea of this - it's like a BBC News but for Lego entirely! 

I'd say keep at it, maybe even include news about contests on EB like SoNE and BoBS and promote recent reviewson EB. Good job for a first episode :thumbup:

Thanks a lot to you both! Yeah, I'd like to get on top of the EB contests/events. The SoNE announcement on the front page was put up after I'd done the filming for this. I'm out of the loop with Brethren of the Brick Seas - what's new there? I'll go have a read!

Great job thus far! It's definitely cool to have a weekly wrap-up :thumbup:

Another contest you could include if you want to is The Summer Joust over on Flickr. It has 6 categories, 17 prizes, and is open until the end of June.

Keep up the good work! :classic: