Kalais

Light Brick 2 x 3 - How long can it work? And can it be damaged?

Hello, was wondering how long can part 54930c02 be turned on before battery goes down?

Also it will not be damaged if I turn it on for like 3-4 hours?

54930c02.png

I do not have one of these, but I do have another question to add: Do those bricks have a replaceble battery?

1 hour ago, Capparezza said:

I do not have one of these, but I do have another question to add: Do those bricks have a replaceble battery?

I'm not sure about the first two questions, but as for the battery it is replaceable. There is a screw on the bottom of the brick that can be removed to open it up and replace the two LR41 batteries in it.

As it's quite a simple circuit with two batteries, some conductive metal, some of it bend to make a contact, and a LED, I can't see any real potential for damage. I have one where the batteries have died, but I have no idea how long it had been on.

.Henrik

Okay, lets put some minds at ease.

the leds used in modern 2x3 light bricks should have a burning lifetime of 10k+ hours.  damaging an LED, usually is the result of voltage surges (having blown up a few myself) and the light brick doesn't have the ability to do that.

frankly the LR41 button cells will die on you most often as a LR41 cell has only a nominal 30 mah capacity. without doing the math, the cell pair should last for a day or so continous.  the led run like that a long time.