love this bot! and its evolution.

keep the yellow. black is overrated as menacing... and shows too many fingerprints.

EDIT: although I love this bot I think the metal hooks are unfair so hope you change them...just my opinion.

Edited by MangaNOID

I think I'm going back to black, it just works better with the grey than the yellow.

The metal hooks are quite dangerous, but since there won't be actual fights I will keep them on as they are so potentially damaging. If there ever are actual fights I agree that they should maybe not be allowed. But then you could say something similar for batteryboxes in hammers or spinners. For now I'm just using anything at my disposal to make it as damaging as possible :devil: :wink:

2 hours ago, Rennuh said:

I think I'm going back to black, it just works better with the grey than the yellow.

The metal hooks are quite dangerous, but since there won't be actual fights I will keep them on as they are so potentially damaging. If there ever are actual fights I agree that they should maybe not be allowed. But then you could say something similar for batteryboxes in hammers or spinners. For now I'm just using anything at my disposal to make it as damaging as possible :devil: :wink:

The metal hook is an official Lego part so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use it.  I think it was an excellent choice using it!

It's finished! Below is all the information and pictures, video is uploading now and I'll add it here when that is done and copy this to the entry topic.

Powerspin

Cat A: sBrick

Signature move: Spin of Destruction (a.k.a. Please don't hit my Lego with those metal hooks!?!?!)
Size: 44x39x13
Weight: 2.055 kg
Drive: 2 XL motors for driving, buggy motor for the disc

When I saw the competition I knew I had to make something and the first thing that came to mind was a spinner. In the real Robot Wars/Battlebots they are the most powerful (along with some flippers) and it translates well to Lego with the buggy motor. Initially I had Tombstone in mind but with the size constraints and thus the positioning of the weels in the initial prototype, it ended up looking more like Carbide (or Cobalt). So for the finished look I took my inspiration from that. At the front is the spinning disc with the dreaded metal hooks, that can spin both ways, either for blunt force with the round end or for a ripping effect with the sharp end. At the back is a wedge that sits nearly flush with the ground meaning it is very hard to get under and it can also be used to push the other bot around or deflect and stop the blade of an opposing spinner. At both sides there is a protruding single beam so it will always fall back on its wheels should it be flipped, which is very hard considering the weight of more than 2kg. 

Front_Thumb.jpg
[Large Image]
Side_Thumb.jpg
[Large Image]Bottom_Thumb.jpg
[Large Image]
BottomOpen_Thumb.jpg
[Large Image] Panels open easily by putting an angled beam in the hole and levering it. Battery Box slides right out after removing 2 pieces.
Size_Thumb.jpg
[Large Image] Fits within the 45 by 45 box, height should be clearly below 45 (please let me know if I'm required to show a comparison nonetheless).

Edited by Rennuh

Great work. The spinner weapon looks really nasty - I didn't realise the hooks were metal until I saw the video! I like the Carbide/Cobalt-esque armour too.

My only complaint is that movement seems a bit slow - I think other entries in the contest could probably escape the spinner and attack from the back?

Good luck in the contest!

Thx! Yeah it certainly isn't the fastest but since it's two wheeled it can turn really fast so attacking from the back will be hard. Especially since most other bots seem to use 4 wheels which has way more friction when turning.

21 minutes ago, Rennuh said:

Thx! Yeah it certainly isn't the fastest but since it's two wheeled it can turn really fast so attacking from the back will be hard. Especially since most other bots seem to use 4 wheels which has way more friction when turning.

Also you can change gear to modify speed, also your bot is not too slow, but some 4wd steer faster ;)

Definitely! And even if someone were to 'surprise' me from the back, it still has pretty good armor that's build to take a hit. Unfortunately we'll probably never see any of these bots actually fight to see how they would hold up against each other.

Edited by Rennuh