Sign in to follow this  
2x4Studios

Lego Pneumatic Engine V4 [MOC]

VIDEO:

Here is my Lego Pneumatic V4

The engine is based on the OOOONeoGamerOOOO design but it's heavily modded and reverse engineered. I made the engine to be compatible with the new switches compared to the brick ones. I really don't have any intention of getting any of the brick ones as I don't build much with Technic bricks enough to justify. I haven't modded the switches as well, I had a go but ended up just breaking the valve. instead, I just heavily lubricated with WD40. The pistons are modded however, I originally lubricated with grease but after I experiment WD40 worked better with faster engines. Although it isn't as strong as my V8 (Video below) I think that it's a step in the right direction. the engine can get up to 800RPM when connected directly to the air compressor but for filming purposes, I had to fill a tank with air and use that to power the engine, Eather way I'm happy with 200 RPM. I'd love to hear your tips and tricks on how you made your engines better. My plans are to now build a grad racer or car around the engine, I'd love to hear ideas on that too.

Please sub to my YouTube as it helps me make videos and motivates me to do more.

Please comment below, I'd love to hear what you think!!

Edited by 2x4Studios

What a work of art. The switching is totally crazy and amazing to watch! Love it! Great job. Well presented too.

H

Lovely machine. I'd avoid WD40 though - anything that WD40 touches will rust, as it lifts off any protective layer of grease and then evaporates, leaving the metal to corrode. Try 3in1, as this is a light oil like WD40, but not quite as light, and doesn't evaporate, meaning no rust.

Nice engine but don't EVER use WD40 on plastic! WD40 is a petroleum based lubricant and will slowly eat away at the lego parts making them soft or breakable. Only use lithium grease or non-petroleum based lubricants on plastic.

Very nice engines.  But I would look for a way to reinforce the area around the switch in the V4.  It looks very weak there - you can see how much it is flexing.  And that means reduced efficiency and perhaps part failures...