Carefree_Dude

What's a good alternative color scheme for the 10219 Maersk Train?

Sorry for necro-posting. LEGO has officially deprecated Maersk Blue in favor of Medium Azure (which is what 2014's Maersk Ship #10241 used). It looks like all the necessary parts for the Maersk train are available at a reasonable price in Medium Azure as of the date of this post except for non-existent 1x2 cheese slopes (1x1 will have to do). This also opens up the possibility of making more wagons with Medium Azure decoration.

On 2/16/2017 at 7:59 PM, Carefree_Dude said:

Currently I have a ton of red and green. The southern black looks lovely! 

Actually I just saw this in another thread, and I am in love! 

IMG_4317

Not a fan of 6 wide, but that's awesome.

Hoping it's ok to necro this thread, it seemed like the right thing to do to me.  I'd be curious if others have any Maersk mod locomotives they've been working on recently.  I was able to find BNSF decals from BrickTrainDepot and also ordered Conrail and Union Pacific decals from @zephyr1934 (Trained Bricks).  I was very happy they turned out so well and worked with the locomotives I built.  The BNSF front decal is a bit too big but it wraps around the 4 wide nose just fine.  I have a couple more coming in the future and have been scouring websites looking for decals that will fit this style.  I also used a technique I found on an eBay listing of all places to use 2x4 tiles along the sides of the BNSF and UP.  It widens the locomotives a bit but I'm ok with it.  I want to have a bit of variance between them anyway.  Really I'd like to switch it up more, maybe wide cabs here and there, but I still have a lot to learn with Lego MOCing.

TLDR: Here's a video