Sign in to follow this  
ygsq

Are these pieces fake?

I bought some pieces from BL recently and noticed there were lots of pieces coming with LEGO at the top of them but not at the back (bottom) of them. I am not sure if that is normal among the older sets since I began to play Lego these years. Besides that, the pieces just look identical to the pieces I got from official sets.

I am thinking about if I need to contact sellers or ask for refund. Hope you could help me.

Here is one example:

RuIxnKA.jpg

QGfgNSG.jpg

The Lego logo at the bottom is just for parts that do not have studs (or have hollow studs), I suppose

Edited by antp

I don't think I have ever seen fake lego parts with the lego logo. Although I am not sure I'd be able to tell. I see plenty of clone brands but none of them (even Lepin who copy sets pretty much piece-for-piece) actually put the lego logo on the parts.

Looks pretty real to me.  How does it feel compared to a piece with same ID number you have from a trusted source?  Any weight difference?  Do they both snap in half with the same amount of force applied? 

If fakes are a concern to you, you probably should buy your LEGO directly from LEGO.  That way you know with more certainty, it is real LEGO.