Sign in to follow this  
the world is about trains

where do i start

Either by buying a current set and using it as a parts pack, or one of the second hand sites around, eBay, bricklink or brick owl

Ok first before you whip out your wallet you need to know EXACTLY what you are building. You need to be specific about the type of swiss train: passenger EMU, passenger train electric, freight DMU (cargo sprinter), freight diesel, freight electric. Do you plan on building 8, 7, or 6 wide? This (http://www.beretta-modelle.ch/modelle/html/mo_sbb_guterwagen.html use the red up arrow at the bottom of the page to navigate to the "home page") is a nice starting point for finding a swiss train if you really don't know where to start. For complex models, I ALWAYS build my prototype in LDD. Then I order all of the parts from bricklink (get a few more of a few of the types of pieces for modifications). Hopefully this will help you get a solid start!

Edited by Beck

Might sound like a n00b response but if you have a major Lego outlet nearby they should have a Pick-a-Brick wall.....that where I get my supplies.