Sign in to follow this  
The Loreman

Hello Eurobricks!

Greetings fellow Lego fans,

I recently resumed building with Lego after about a six-year long “dark age”. As a child, I was always the kid who kept the instruction books, often tearing apart and rebuilding old sets. I've since developed a liking for creativity, design and aesthetics, and Legos are most definitely THE best toys that ever existed so... it was time to brush the dust off of those storage boxes!

I remember years ago spending much time wandering about Brickshelf, Mocpages, and especially here. With Eurobricks I was always awed at the incredible builds that would constantly show up on the front-page. You can probably imagine my excitement to finally become a member.

Concerning my tastes, I am a big fan of the medieval genre, fantasy or historical. Growing up with Lego I collected a large variation of lines, but there was always a dominant theme – I believe the first was Alpha Team (this was my first set of that line - I still have one of the yellow translucent rotor blades), then onto Knights Kingdom (The “Jellybean” one), Exo-Force (Collected ALOT of those), and then Star Wars, specifically the Clone Wars line of sets.

So while I'm quite thankful I did not rid myself of my collection during that 6-year break, I did now find it necessary to at least attain the LOTR set Helm's Deep off of Ebay to help jump-start my current (and long-lasting) passion with castles, knights, and dragons. I still can't believe I missed the entire line of sets from one of my favorite films. :laugh:

I have a few builds in the works, and hopefully I will be done with one in the coming weeks.

- Loreman