24676511999_6bbd6ae032_k.jpg

The De Havilland DHC-2 often called Beaver is probably the most famous and beloved bush plane ever built. With its distinct look, flight characteristics and sound it's instantly recognizable. It was produced from 1947 to 1967 by De Havilland Canada. Despite being out of production for many years now a lot of planes are still in use. If you want to find out more about the real plane click here.

25044142145_4090707b13_k.jpg

With the help of gabriele.zannotti I built the DHC-2 out of Lego.

Features:

• True to original plane with details such as exhaust, floats, decorated cockpit, nice looking and fresh colour scheme, window prints on the fuselage, radial engine print, antennas and lights on the wings
  • Retractable landing gear that folds into the floats
  • Accessories namely first aid kit, a mail package, a letter ,a fuel canister, a safety buoy and a rope to tie up the plane
  • A small piece of land with a wooden dock, a fir tree and an air sock
  • 2 minifigures, a pilot and a hermit who lives in the wilderness with his dog

So what are you waiting for? Support this project on Lego Ideas and with some luck you can soon take your plane and deliver the hermit's mail into the wilderness!

24950848931_78797e3240_k.jpg

25044141855_6ac90964f1_k.jpg

24926086652_9ba213ec6c_k.jpg

25044142585_f8940c6468_k.jpg

This model was built in mecabricks and rendered using blender.

Special thanks to gabriele.zannotti for making the awesome pictures! It doesn't only need a good model to make a great project but also a cool way of presenting it. Make sure to check out his flickr account for more amazing images!

Thanks for checking out our article. Make sure to support, comment and share!

This is a collaboration between gabriele.zannotti and saabfan.

Edited by saabfan

No replies yet!? This is a really well designed replica of an iconic aircraft. And what impressed me even more are the renders! You guys have amazing photoshop skills , I have no idea how you made the water so realistic and volumetric. Amazing, you got my support.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Zblj! :laugh:

The water is done in Blender, but I must admit there is a lot of post-production... :tongue:

Awesome!! I am a pilot and this plane has always been on my 'bucket list' to fly sometime. Maybe someday it will happen, for now that is an incredible rendering of the Beaver. Any intent to make the rest of the DHC line? Otter, etc.

Sorry to necro an old thread but I've been hunting for this MOC since I saw that it didn't get enough support on ideas. Any thoughts to release the instructions? 

I'll be the 2nd necro poster.

Didn't know that this plane had a thread here on eurobricks.

Instructions would be very nice. If possible.

I'll be 3rd! :grin:

Beautiful MOC! 

I would fork over considerable cash for instructions alone, PM if interested....