Tomsche

AoM: Archery Phase One

"Sis, sis, are you sure about talking dady`s crossbow?"

"Don`t worry beetroot, I have seen him use it an awful lot of times. I even heard him tell once how someone he knew had a nephew whom`s brother saw a friend shoot an apple of the head of young man."

"Wow, that sounds so cool, can we try that? Can we sis? Please? Please?"

"Sure, but we don`t have an apple... oh wait, here, take that carrot and hold it in front of you, then I`ll shoot the leaves from it. How hard can that be no, it is bigger then an apple after all."

P1110360_zpsfe3c4b28.jpg

P1110362_zps43d74c2a.jpg

The final build so far, I just wanted to depict a simple archery target, nothing to fancy or special or advanced. Though I have an idea for a minifig going to end up either in archery school, or in jail...

tomche, it's not that I don't like your contributions but we kinda wanted everybody to grow as a builder from moc to moc. So maybe this fits your first or second phase one build, by now you should try to include some more stuff. That said, I think some more landscaping needs to be done in this one. Try to add some more snow or rocks or vegetation or whatever, as I think this one here is too simple for my taste.

That should be do-able, I'll update some of them in the future (come on postman, ride that bike faster). I'm having trouble tbh with building on the small scales, I'll go for the better worked out so far one's first into two's (storehouse and barracks), which should give me the opportunity to try my hand at some things on a better groundplate

This could be bad :sick: I like the tan rock. Perhaps you could add some more variation to the ground by using some white plates and tiles :classic:

I'm going to put this here but it really applies to all four of these builds. You're making significant effort in these mocs, but you could really benefit from making them slightly larger and, as previously mentioned, by adding a little more detail. There isn't a whole lot of direction in the AOM original thread, but a phase 1 build does not necessarily have to be tiny or bare bones. It simply reflects a less advanced stage of development. Mitgardia may be covered in snow, but flat fields of uniform white are relatively uncommon occurrences. Before people came to build the archery range there would likely be patches of permafrost, animals, rocky outcroppings, trees, slopes, ice, etc. Let your imagine run wild. I think you would really benefit from sitting down after building something and spending some time thinking about how you might make it better, more imaginative, more uniquely you as right now we seem to only be glimpsing a small portion of what an original "Tomsche" build might entail. Some things to think about as you work on phase II.