TAG Style

Minas Tirith

Hello all,

Just finished my Minas Tirith project, which took me about 2 years to complete!

Don't know how to add pictures over here, but I will share the link to Flickr with you.

More pictures will be added later on!

Click the picture for a link!

15258811588_599433145b_b.jpg

Edited by ZCerberus
Added picture and link

Welcome!

What a massive project! How many bricks do you reckon are in there? Also can you describe how the building process took shape?

IMPRESSIVE!

It's absolutely amazing your MOC! I particular like this kind of project because of the size of it and the dedication we need to have to accomplish this challenge. But the highlight is his back. It's fantastic you had the inspiration to do all scenes inside it instead of just fill the MOC with tradicional structures. Congratulations! I shared your Flickr with my colegues here in LUG Brasil to let then see your MOC.

Welcome, this is stunning, the scale of it is very impressive, I don't mind the grey even if it is the white city it is a marvellous project no matter what colour it is.

Wow, absolutely stunning! I too would have liked to see it in white, but one cannot deny that this is a fantastic piece of work!

What a massive work this must have been, and the execution is astonashing. And like everyone said already, it looks amazing no matter the colour. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks all for the positive reactions!!! And yes white would be even better, but as I own almost all castle sets (which are mostly in light grey) this was the logical (and least expensive) choise!

@ Zblj: Amount of pieces, hard to say. I think at least 10.000+

Hardest struggles of the building proces were definitely the 7 layers and the use of rooms inside. Had to work very carefully at the end :).

WoW very nice MOC indeed, great job :) really sad that there will be no official Gondor soldiers to occupy it..

Wish I could afford to build something like this. Your set looks great! I agree that it could be white, but I also understand it would be difficult to get the right pieces in right and would probably cost you twice as much.

Wish we could get one of these projects on Lego Ideas approved so that we might have a chance at getting A Minas Tirith set.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/36275

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/70809

Edited by Bycougars

Nicely done. As a castle (huge one) with a shape of Minas Tirith it works brilliant. But all in all, this is not true Minas Tirith, because of the mix of everything... (I am LOTR purist so excuse me for this...) It doesnt have the MT architecture styla (buildings etc.) just basic shape. But still I love it from the point of playability...so much coridors, tunnels rooms doors and arches... Back in my 12-14 I will be really excited to play wit this huge castle... :) Thumbs up

Not bad at all ^^. But it is the white city and you use gray brick.

however, the architecture is perfect!

Bah! Its gray form the smoke from the siege!!! LOL. Don't forget... Lego screwed up Gandalf the Grey's hat color too!!!

Fantastic build! What an incredible castle. Brilliant!

See now thats way better than that projects on LEGO ideas :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Great MOC!!! Well done! I love the white tree. The scene with the ape who steals the one ring is quite funny!

If Lego would make this in 12 parts, I would buy it. :thumbup:

One part, £100 per month or bi-monthly.

They could even produce a magazine to go with it, to explain the history of Gondor. :thumbup::classic:

Jeez thats big. You can instantly tell its minas tirith. It might not be accurate to minifig scale, but i dont think its possible to build much bigger than you have here. Love the fact its gotta an interior as well. Amazing.