Sign in to follow this  
Jared

[MOC] The Eighth Doctor's LEGO TARDIS

14483761450_b32b697bd6_c.jpg

Greetings Sci-fi and Doctor Who fans! Here's a little project that I was working on over the last 2 years. The Eighth incarnation of Doctor Who (if you don't know the world-wide phenomenon of Doctor Who, stop living under a rock... I'm kidding, maybe this will help...) used this version of the TARDIS (his time machine, stands for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space) as well as the Seventh incarnation of Doctor Who to have many adventures. This version of his time machine was most prominently featured in The Doctor Who movie (filmed in Vancouver Studios in Canada, may I add), and although it failed to warrant a Fox series funding and airing of the show (phew!), it did manage to capture the imagination of many, as seen in the comic strip continuation of the Eighth Doctor (for example). The Eighth Doctor (played by the brilliant Paul Mcgann ) was one of my favourite Doctor Whos, as I used to read a lot of the comics, and probably always will be, and here I pay tribute to him with this model. Enjoy!!

14647439426_4cb9630354.jpg

The hexagonal console. Count 'em, yep, 6 sides. A pain to do, but definitely more worth it for the accuracy I could get!

14670443485_58aabdb2aa.jpg

14483787489_87a1f3e68e.jpg

Until next time (and space)!

Edited by Jared

It`s amazing! Very realistic interrior and console. All these things such like statues or flasks look very cool.

P.S. Mcgann is one of my favourite Doctors.

It`s amazing! Very realistic interrior and console. All these things such like statues or flasks look very cool.

P.S. Mcgann is one of my favourite Doctors.

Thank you, realism is what I strive for! ;)

I'm glad you like them! The statues are one of my favourite parts and were quite fun to build! ^_^

:D :D :D

there are so few McGann fans out there, I'm just glad he got that mini episode "Night of the Doctor", because I was surprised and impressed that people in America (while this was at Brickworld) knew about him!

Very nice detail! The detail around the console is great.

Thank you! I'm a little annoyed because I actually added some detail to the console unit for displaying at the Canadian National Exhibition, and because it's such a pain to re-assemble from the box, I wasn't able to take updated pictures. Oh well, maybe some other time! Thanks for commenting!