Ranger_Elegost

Who misses The Harry Potter Lego?

Meh, I don't really like Harry Potter, not in Lego or not in fiction. weak fantasy fiction compared to many non-famous fantasy series.

Meh, I don't really like Harry Potter, not in Lego or not in fiction. weak fantasy fiction compared to many non-famous fantasy series.

That's blasphemy. You take that back.

There were a lot more things to build from the series, and I miss the whole theme. And yes, the Diagon Alley and Hogwarts (as well as Hogwarts Express) were beautiful ones. I'm happy to have these all.

It's possible:

'The Lord of The Rings' and 'The Hobbit'

'Harry Potter' and 'Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them'

I hope LEGO sign a new contract soon as there licence with Warner Bros ends in 2016. It will properly bring back some redesigned core sets however the main focus would be on the new movie. Harry Potter and Star Wars are the two themes that brought back LEGO from is fall in early 2000s so if LEGO would be clever to sneak back Harry Potter.

I would have liked TLG to have milked it more then they did sort of like LOTR they could have done so much more with both.

I didn't miss it, until my kids who love Lego got into the books, then the films, at the end of last year. I thought at the time that many of the 2010 and 2011 sets were great (Hogwarts Express, Hogwarts itself, Hagrid's Hut and Diagon Alley being the obvious examples) but they didn't mean much to me, and I had no interest in buying them. How things can change...

I know if they were re-released tomorrow they would become the focus of my kids' desires and become the things they saved up pocket money for and would leap to the top of birthday/Christmas wish lists. They wouldn't just eclipse other Lego sets, they'd eclipse all other toys. And the sets would deliver - now I've seen most of the films, been on the studio tour etc etc I can see how accurate and well constructed they are and how well thought out are their play features. My experience can hardly be unique - maybe the popularity of the books and films has fallen from the insane levels of a few years ago, but it's still enormous judged by any objective standards, and I would imagine the sets would sell incredibly well as new generations come to love the theme.

For the record, I think there are plenty of other books that didn't become phenomena like HP that could generate equally good sets that would be popular with their readership, but HP is HP and its exposure is still, rightly or wrongly, on such an enormous scale that the demand for sets would be correspondingly high. Bring them back!

Edited by Brickadiergerard