Tried the suggested import of the registry entries. No luck. Brickstore still doesn't "see" the internet and I still can't change any settings.

I'm happy to report that Brickstock works totally fine on my Mac at home.

Phew, a lot can happen in a short time when I'm not reading the forums :tongue:

At least it's good to know that you were able to use the BrickStock database in BrickStore, but still I would like to know why BrickStock doesn't work on your machine.

I'm using it without any problems on Windows 8.1 Pro and with a non-default instal location.

A few things that may cause the problem are already checked. Maybe you need to update (or downgrade) your version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable? I have no idea which version (2013, 2012, 2010 or 2008) you might need and I'm not sure if you need it at all, but you could at least try... :sceptic:

At least it's good to know that you were able to use the BrickStock database in BrickStore, but still I would like to know why BrickStock doesn't work on your machine.

I'm using it without any problems on Windows 8.1 Pro and with a non-default instal location.

I'd like to know as well!

A few things that may cause the problem are already checked. Maybe you need to update (or downgrade) your version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable? I have no idea which version (2013, 2012, 2010 or 2008) you might need and I'm not sure if you need it at all, but you could at least try...

I'm not prepared to make significant changes to the system software. The rest of the computer works fine and I don't want to mess it up. In the short term, I can use a database imported from my Mac.

I wanted to ask Blakbird if he has some Error related to Brickstock in the application log event under windows logs and if which one.

And just before I checked what I have on my pc in the event logs, and surprize even my BrickStock is working, I still get some errors in the application log related to BrickStock.

According to the error type, legolijntje is right with the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable. Only thing we don't know is which version is needed. Only Patrick Brans could help as he created BrickStock.

One way is to open "control panel" - "administrative tools" - "event viewer" - "windows logs" - "application"

Got it. There is some information here on the error including some conflicting resources, but I'm afraid they are way over my head.

Faulting application name: brickstock.exe, version: 1.2.7.0, time stamp: 0x53a5db97
Faulting module name: brickstock.exe, version: 1.2.7.0, time stamp: 0x53a5db97
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000a93c1
Faulting process id: 0x25a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfbbf265c3fc14

Activation context generation failed for "<snip>\brickstock.exe".
Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:.
Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.
Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest.

Checked it with my errors, and they are the same.

So something else is causing your crashing when trying to configure.

Anyone know how to contact Patrick? Does he participate in a forum somewhere?

My lego inventory database shows in the bottom of the screen that there are two errors in my database, yet Brickstock doesn't seem to give me a way to find and solve this errors ... The errors aren't even mentioned when I restart Brickstock so I can't correct them. Anybody knows a way to solve these errors? Thanks