Sign in to follow this  
SMC

Fantasy Football - Premier League

Yeah, I know. Yakubu? Don't make me laugh. People still talk about his performance at the World Cup 2010.

17 goals in 29 games isn't bad for a striker, especially when they're playing for a team that got relegated, had an awful midfield, and they only cost £1.5 million. He also finished joint fourth top scorer, so overall he was pretty good for Rovers.

The chant "Feed the Yak and he will score!" Was made for a reason.

Edited by Captain Settle

Hey I just joined the league (and the forums) - been reading the site for several years now, finally found a reason to join - team name is My Life In Kenya

Hey I just joined the league (and the forums) - been reading the site for several years now, finally found a reason to join - team name is My Life In Kenya

Added and welcome.

Diego Costa! Now this was a good week to make him Captain on my team with double points....

Diego Costa! Now this was a good week to make him Captain on my team with double points....

Yeah, he's my captain as well. Alexis Sanchez also got a goal and an assist. His large fantasy football fee is finally paying off.

Thanks for the welcome - nice that it coincided with Everton's first win. (And yes, I am an American Everton fan but have been for several seasons now)

Bad, bad omen.......

So, I'm getting into my car at Starbucks this morning with my match day cafe mocha and a crossont. This guy pulls in next to me and gets out of his car. Here, in nowhere Georgia, this guy is wearing Stoke gear. Seriously. He's probably 70+ and he's wearing the full kit.

I knew that was an omen of some sorts. Apparently, a bad one.

2-2. Arghhhhhhhhh.......

Edited by Off the wall

Bad, bad omen.......

So, I'm getting into my car at Starbucks this morning with my match day cafe mocha and a crossont. This guy pulls in next to me and gets out of his car. Here, in nowhere Georgia, this guy is wearing Stoke gear. Seriously. He's probably 70+ and he's wearing the full kit.

I knew that was an omen of some sorts. Apparently, a bad one.

2-2. Arghhhhhhhhh.......

70+?, lost in Georgia? full Stoke kit? He's probably their missing defence...

He was just put on loan to Liverpool.

Or Manchester United. Woeful display against Leicester.

Or Manchester United. Woeful display against Leicester.

How about "wonderful dispaly by Leicester" instead? There's too much Media focus coverage on United's performance and not enough praise for Leicester's excellent work since their promotion to the PL.

How about "wonderful dispaly by Leicester" instead? There's too much Media focus coverage on United's performance and not enough praise for Leicester's excellent work since their promotion to the PL.

Right you are. But, it's far more fun to enjoy MUs failures than it is to celebrate Leicester's success. Just human nature, I guess.

You're right and even Gary Lineker lost his cool when they came back to win http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/gary-lineker-involved-in-twitter-row-after-presenter-rubbishes-claims-he-will-be-warned-by-bbc-over-foulmouthed-tweets-9749229.html

Right you are. But, it's far more fun to enjoy MUs failures than it is to celebrate Leicester's success. Just human nature, I guess.

Exactly right! MUFC problems mean happy times for the rest of us #BringBackMoyes

To be fair, he'd still probably be better than Skrtel.

I don't watch a whole lot of Liverpool matches, not Slovakian ones for that matter, but I've always been pretty impressed with Skrtel whenever I've seen him. He must pull out his best games for when I watch. :grin:

So who wants to take a stab at which Premiership manager will be first to get the shop?

I would say Pardew, but he appears to be living a blessed life at the moment...

(I'm not counting Tony Pulis in this because he left on his own accord before the first game even kicked off)

So who wants to take a stab at which Premiership manager will be first to get the shop?

I would say Pardew, but he appears to be living a blessed life at the moment...

(I'm not counting Tony Pulis in this because he left on his own accord before the first game even kicked off)

Pardew's extended contract term with its presumably expensive termination clauses might be the only thing saving him. Burnley already look like they realize that the season is going to be a long, long struggle. They might think that a change of Manager will save them (Newsflash: it won't), but my money is on this being Wenger's last season - fer shure it's too early to get rid of him, but enough is enough....

The Manchester City -Roma match was on our main network today. About a minute into the game, I found PSG and Barcelona on the regional Fox sports network. Very, very entertaining game. The kind of game that can turn a Yank into a fan of real football.

So, Basel has claimed another Premier League scalp. Good going. I feel bad for Ludogorets. The second was never a penalty for Madrid and Ludogorets had a penalty shout of their own. Anyway, I'm not hoping for them to take any points off of Basel. :grin:

One of life's pleasures is sitting here at 4 in the afternoon watching live football from London. England vs San Marino. Me, a cold beer, my english springer spaniel and the wife is at work. It doesn't get much better than that. Unless, of course, we were watching MU lose. :-)