Sign in to follow this  
SMC

Fantasy Football - Premier League

Sounds like a great day, Off the wall.

I've been down the Liberty watching Swansea thrash West Brom. I have to say that the season ticket is really offering value for money this season. The Swans played really well today and I'm begining to revise my initial pessimism about their chances.

I like the Baggies though and hope they turn things around. If anyone's looking for a good away fixture I can fully recommend the Hawthorns, I've had a great time whenever I've been.

In other news, Burnley drop two points against United...

...I'll get me coat.

I'm watching my third match of the day. Rough start for Everton, to say the least. My Saturday consists of a vente coffee mocha and a scone at 7am at Starbucks, home by 730am and then three matches. Done by about 230, hit the outdoor spa with a beer and then out for dinner.

Ah, football season. What a wonderful time!

Life's good OTW. My weekend was going perfectly until I realised I had Tim Howard on my Fantasy Team.... What a game at Goodison.

Life's good OTW. My weekend was going perfectly until I realised I had Tim Howard on my Fantasy Team.... What a game at Goodison.

I had Seamus Coleman...

Okay, as an American who's fairly ignorant about football.....I have a question. The announcers today kept saying 'there was nothing Howard could have done about that one.......' Well, a lot of goals against him today.

Your opinions? Did Howard have a bad game? His defenders? The whole team?

Thanks.

I didn't think Howard had a 'mare of a game - sure he might have done better on a couple of those. The defence on both teams look shabby, but the forwards though look lethal

Go Chelsea!

Van Gaal has been stupid in the market, and Falcao would be another bad signing. If you look at their team, their front four are world class players, while the rest of the team is lower table standard. Instead of signing a player for a position they already have a good player in, he should be signing defenders, because Jones, Smalling, Evans and Blackett are all awful. But to be fair to Phil Jones, his best position is defensive midfielder, but he's never had the chance to play their at Man U.

Falcao! Falcao! Falcao!

Well we still have sanogo so I am sure we will do well.

:wall:

Hey, Sanogo's good!

Arsene Wenger stop posting under your pseudonym and getting signing players.

Well just be happy your club can afford to sign players. Blackburns big signing of the summer was Duffy, the unheard of and never played Everton centre back.

£16 million is far too much for Welbeck. It's amazing that Toni Kroos, who's one of the best players in the world, only cost £4 million more than the worst player in the England squad. (He shouldn't have even been in the squad, no Man U players besides Rooney should have.)

Welbeck, it just shows our desperation that I am kind of happy with it.

He could make a difference, but I still think Arsenal will end up competing for 4th or 5th place.

He could make a difference, but I still think Arsenal will end up competing for 4th or 5th place.

Which is still be a higher position than Man U will be competing for.

Arsene Wenger stop posting under your pseudonym and getting signing players.

:laugh:

Yeah, the Welbeck deal sounds crazy to me. I really don't see him doing much to "fix their attack," but I guess anyone is better than Sanogo. Hopefully Walcott will be back sooner than later. :look:

There's a nice little popcorn type article on the Telegraph's website rating the transfer dealings of all the Premiership clubs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11069295/Premier-League-transfer-window-Club-by-club-ratings.html

I reckon it makes a good talking point anyway. So how would you rate your club's transfer dealings (whatever league they're in)?

Personally I think Swansea have done quite well, removing the troublesome players associated with Laudrup, holding on to their top scorer Bony and signing some quality new players (Sigurdson fits in perfectly and Jefferson Montero is looking like a superb fast and incisive winger). My only big regret is the loss of Ben Davies, he was turning into a strong and versatile left back and I fear he might be marginalised at Spurs.

Edited by Macsen Wledig

I'd give Blackburn a 5/10 this window. There were no really good signings, but we did lose Rochina, who I thought was very good as well as being young. We did bring in Duffy though, which was good because we were seriously lacking in centre backs. The January transfer window was so much better, where we lost no one, but brought in Cairney, Gestede and Conway on permanent deals.

Chelsea 9/10. They didn't overpay for anyone, their new players made an immediate impact and they finally offloaded Torres.

I think Mourinho's feeling pretty good about it all.

(MUFC 3/10. Overpaid for Di Maria and Falcao. Still haven't fixed up their defensive woes. And Rooney seems inadequate for the captaincy.)

Chelsea 9/10. They didn't overpay for anyone, their new players made an immediate impact and they finally offloaded Torres.

I think everyone underrates Torres. While he didn't score many, he did help link up the play and help create goals. He definitely wasn't worth £50 million, but had he been a £10 million signing I think everyone would say he's a fairly good player.

Kroos to Real Madrid was a ridiculously cheap signing for a player of his quality. I am pretty excited about Atletico Madrid though. Mandzukic I think, may turn out to be quite a good replacement for Diego Costa. It's also good to see Griezmann there. Despite selling off most of their "best" players (not really) they still look quite good and most of my favourite players are still around. Dortmund also made some decent signings. It's going to be very hard to replace Lewandowski, but we shall see what they do.

Somewhat surprised Napoli didn't get into the Champions' League after their good showings last season. From what I saw of the games though (I didn't watch that much) they were pretty terrible. :look:

Lewandowski was about to fly to Blackburn for his medical in 2010, but Eyjafjallajökull erupting meant he couldn't get a plane, so the transfer was called off. We got Yakubu instead though, and he's much better.

Yeah, I know. Yakubu? Don't make me laugh. People still talk about his performance at the World Cup 2010.