Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Oh, so I guess it was real. :grin: In that case, Phasma looks incredible, and much more detailed that I had previously thought. The helmet mold is beautiful, and the printing is pretty nice......but I just don't get why they didn't choose the pearl-silver (like what Jango Fett uses). That's much closer to chrome than the gunmetal used on the actual figure.......Oh well.

But my worst fears have been confirmed: there will be a handful of minifigures (Kylo Ren, Phasma, etc.) who will just use blank heads in order to hide their identity. :thumbdown:

Oh, so I guess it was real. :grin: In that case, Phasma looks incredible, and much more detailed that I had previously thought. The helmet mold is beautiful, and the printing is pretty nice......but I just don't get why they didn't choose the pearl-silver (like what Jango Fett uses). That's much closer to chrome than the gunmetal used on the actual figure.......Oh well.

But my worst fears have been confirmed: there will be a handful of minifigures (Kylo Ren, Phasma, etc.) who will just use blank heads in order to hide their identity. :thumbdown:

What if they just make sure the Kylo Ren has no non-mask head and ensure that a minifigure of his alter ego has no links to the sith figure, especially since his mask will be probably be printed. I hope you're not right about Phasma though...

So far, the star wars 7 wave is looking pretty strong, even with the slightly uninteresting Starfighter. I hope the rest if the minifigures look as good as Phasma and BB8

Edited by Dragonlego27

tumblr_nmx11fNiYz1qbnosso1_500.png

Mmm, that figure looks even better when compared, it will be interesting to see the cape.

I don't think Kylo Ren will have a blank head; look at the Vanity Fair shoot: his face is revealed.

Regarding Phasma: you might be right.....but it's logical IF we don't see a helmetless Phasma in TFA.

Suppose back in 1977 Lego made SW sets. What would Vader's face look like? We would see his face for the first time 6 years later....

If Phasma doesn't take her helmet off in TFA she could be anything: human, alien.....who knows? A blank head is a logical choice then.

In case anyone still thinks BB-8 will have magnets, think about it for a minute. Here's what you would accomplish by connecting the head to a sphere that way:

1) A figure that lays on its side, always.

2) A figure with a head that can be positioned "anywhere," but looks pretty much the same no matter where you position the head.

3) A figure that can be rolled in tight little circles with the head bouncing on the ground.

4) A highly sophisticated swallowing hazard.

Here's what you would not accomplish:

1) A ball that can be rolled while the head stays at the top. The magnet would do nothing to keep the head at the top.

As for the diagram a few pages back that did not require magnets, it has a fundamental design flaw: the sphere created from those two half-sphere pieces only has one circular hole, on the flattened side. There's nowhere else for the head to go when the sphere rotates, it's always "attached" to that hole.

I can think of one way that LEGO could make a figure that kind of does what people want: the body would have a thin central section that connects to the head and two half-sphere-shaped wheels. The figure would roll if you held it by its head and moved it along. The figure would still fall over when you aren't holding it, in fact it would fall over more easily because of this mechanism.

One final point: LEGO didn't even make R2-D2 with a head that could rotate, and that would have been really easy to do!

Here's a questions I'd like to bounce off the community: since the Jurrasic World Dino poly made its way to Toys R Us, does anyone think it possible the stormtrooper sargent poly will eventually show up there? Probably closer to TFA release?

What if they just make sure the Kylo Ren has no non-mask head and ensure that a minifigure of his alter ego has no links to the sith figure, especially since his mask will be probably be printed. I hope you're not right about Phasma though...

So far, the star wars 7 wave is looking pretty strong, even with the slightly uninteresting Starfighter. I hope the rest if the minifigures look as good as Phasma and BB8

Where are the pictures of the starfighter? I must have missed them.

Where are the pictures of the starfighter? I must have missed them.

I think that they mean Kylo Ren's command Shuttle. We got the picture of the cover of the instruction manual for that set a while back.

Also, welcome to Eurobricks.

Edited by AnthonyP301

*snip*

Mmm, that figure looks even better when compared, it will be interesting to see the cape.

Here's to hoping we get a similar cape in red/black instead of just a stock red cape, that would make for a great look because although I like how the fig looks, all the black / grey metal makes it appear a bit plain, so I want some more color.

Edited by Lobot
Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

I am impressed with the new minifigures.

Why are you impressed with them? Nothing impressive about what we've seen so far.

Why are you impressed with them? Nothing impressive about what we've seen so far.

I just don't see anything wrong with them. They look accurate to what we've seen so far. I guess "impressed" wasn't the best word, but they certainly aren't disappointing.

I just don't see anything wrong with them. They look accurate to what we've seen so far. I guess "impressed" wasn't the best word, but they certainly aren't disappointing.

well to begin with the helmet mold is inaccurate. Wich is understandable to an extent BUT on top of that lego has added some inaccurate print.

Then thers the lack of groin plate wich would really set her apart from being just a silver stormtrooper clone.

And the selection of what to print on the legs is absurd

Honestly I'm really loving the look of these figures so far, but I guess it's each to their own :)

Can love them all you want, but it won't make them any less inacurate.

Im with 'Darth_Brick360' and 'Peasantseverywhere', in being that I'm impressed with the minifigures!

Inaccurate you say? Gosh, Lego is a toy, not an expensive Sideshow Collectibles display piece, trying to capture every square inch of detail to please all the customers in being as movie accurate as possible.

Honestly, that's my favourite thing of buying Lego minifigures; the detail isn't all captured, and creates a nice, Lego feel to it.

If I wanted movie accurate characters, I'd either shell out a load of money on extremely custom printed minifigures, or buy the Hasbro and Sideshow Collectible counterparts.

Im with 'Darth_Brick360' and 'Peasantseverywhere', in being that I'm impressed with the minifigures!

Inaccurate you say? Gosh, Lego is a toy, not an expensive Sideshow Collectibles display piece, trying to capture every square inch of detail to please all the customers in being as movie accurate as possible.

Honestly, that's my favourite thing of buying Lego minifigures; the detail isn't all captured, and creates a nice, Lego feel to it.

If I wanted movie accurate characters, I'd either shell out a load of money on extremely custom printed minifigures, or buy the Hasbro and Sideshow Collectible counterparts.

I am well aware of legos capabilities and style, all my critisim are well within those boundaries. Phasma's biggest issue is that there is a line too many.

I was too late to the party, could somebody tell me what exactly the pictures showed?

I only saw the BB-8 catalog picture and the Captain Phasma

seconded. if anyone wants to even PM the photos

seconded. if anyone wants to even PM the photos

Friends to see the droid BB-8

1. Go to this website http://www.hothbricks.com/

2. Bookmark it becaue it is a great source of news regarding all things Star Wars Lego..besides that I believe alot of their information comes from this very forum

3. Enjoy

Deskp: I think you have to remember Lego is a kids Toy, targeted towards kids. What you've said in terms of accuracy is true but I'm pretty sure kids aren't going to be that fussed if there is a line too many, as long as the figure resembles its on screen counterpart (which it does very well) then I'm sure kids will be happy with that.