Sign in to follow this  
Bigger Fish

Giant robot tips

Hi, I just finished up a prototype of a Megazord/Voltron style Hero Factory giant mech. And it doesn't look that great when combined. It's bulky and awkward. Any tips for improving? (I'll try to get pictures of it up if I can.)

How do the individual segments "combine"? Are they individual robots? If so, you may have to sacrifice the quality of the individual sections to create a greater giant mech. One thing you could attempt is having the limbs fold into the the body of the individual robots, hence making it look more armoured. Or, a custom-made body which could fold open, being one of the giant mech's limbs, with the folding feature acting as the knee/elbow.

In all honesty, I don't think I can recommend anything without pictures. Good luck with the project, I'd love to see it when you're done :)

showing a picture of it would be a good start before we can really gives atips and advices. :wink:

These two pieces are really helpful when creating gigantic limbs and such as they can hold a lot of height and keep it steady without moving. It's a shame I don't have these since at least I would use them in that way and as Lego does too. Skopio XV-1 holds the largest piece count on these which is an impressive 16 of both.

44224.jpg44225.jpg

If you don't get your hands on these I still feel that the limbs are the most important part when designing something big cause it's the one that keeps it steady and connected. You could also try to combine torsos and limbs to create something similiar, as torsos in most case are pretty useless in advanced mocing when building something normal size so you probably have those lying around.

But yeah, post some pictures please.