VintageLegoEra

Lego 10182 Cafe Corner--New Build Review!

Thanks for the review. Interesting seeing it fresh.

The set itself is iconic, but it is far from my favorite Modular. I never understood the color scheme. Red-brown with dark red and tan and dark blue? Very odd.

I think the furniture makes a nice addition to it all. That piano especially is neat.

So am I understanding the painter on the roof will be painting the building blue?? Bold choice.

As stated, older white pieces do change color at times. I tried the peroxide technique people have mentioned on some old Blacktron II torsos I bought used on ebay. They are sparkly white now, so that was really neat seeing the change. I left them out in the sunlight for about 8 hours one day, and 8 the next day, then rinsed them and dried them. Maybe that will work with these pieces too?

You are welcome!

Me too dont understand the Blue with Brown, but wen you build it you will love it...

as for the painter looool, it is just a test. it is meant for the Market Street 10190 ( which i am going to build it soon )

The problem is, the Peroxide is not available here ( or i dont know which one to choose )..if you have an international photo of this peroxide, please upload it :)

Regards

I have built it. I don't understand it. That's all.

As far as hydrogen peroxide, you just use 3% or greater is my understanding. I used ClearCare contact lens solution since I was able to get it from work. Do you have that there? But I know you can pick the regular stuff up at any major retailer, even grocery stores.

I have built it. I don't understand it. That's all.

As far as hydrogen peroxide, you just use 3% or greater is my understanding. I used ClearCare contact lens solution since I was able to get it from work. Do you have that there? But I know you can pick the regular stuff up at any major retailer, even grocery stores.

How many hours to put the parts in the contact solution?

Edited by VintageLegoEra

How many hours to put the parts in the contact solution?

Be very, very careful. Parts that appear to have been "whitened" may bloom and turn more dark/tan after about 6 months. Be sure to read all the caveats on the retro bright website as to things that can go wrong and bad experiences that people may have had in the past trying this technique.

Be very, very careful. Parts that appear to have been "whitened" may bloom and turn more dark/tan after about 6 months. Be sure to read all the caveats on the retro bright website as to things that can go wrong and bad experiences that people may have had in the past trying this technique.

Thanks for the tip...I guess will keep it as it is , afrer all it is not a faulty issue and it is molding setup from LEGO

I'm sure there might be long term effects associated with it. I didn't use retro bright or any other chemicals outside of peroxide. I did read it may go back to how it was over time, but then you can do the treatment again and change it back to white. Since I used it on early 90s figures, it wasn't a big loss had it not worked.

But I don't know how long you are "supposed" to do anything. But I did mine for about 16 hours spread out over 2 days. Bright white, like new again. It was nice seeing the change.

I'm sure there might be long term effects associated with it. I didn't use retro bright or any other chemicals outside of peroxide. I did read it may go back to how it was over time, but then you can do the treatment again and change it back to white. Since I used it on early 90s figures, it wasn't a big loss had it not worked.

But I don't know how long you are "supposed" to do anything. But I did mine for about 16 hours spread out over 2 days. Bright white, like new again. It was nice seeing the change.

Great!,,,,will try to do some test on unwanted parts before doing it on CC parts :)

can u upload photo of this peroxide?

What an amazing service from LEGO. Few days back I explained to them about the white parts condition I am facing as the white parts are tilting to yellow/burn color...

Few minutes back, they sent me an email saying: the following white parts have been shipped and should be with you in 21 working days...yes...all the white parts.

Once I saw this mail I jumped happily. .loool.

Thank you LEGO for such fast service...

Regards

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Heeey....

Well, i just revised my interior setups and thought it need a lot of re-arrange and add some cool features......here what i did ;)

For the 1st Floor: ( Mini-Bar & Coffee Maker )

14972637865_f6126370e5_c.jpg

14949663496_2620f7c709_c.jpg

Added also some Floor as this set miss floors which is very strange.loool

For the 2nd floor: ( Drawers, Lamp, Flower decoration )

14972266902_e140e09a81_c.jpg

14786023248_e84b78726e_c.jpg

For the 3rd Floor: ( Toilet, Sink, Sofa, Ship in glass Art )

14785970970_5db891a06c_c.jpg

14785916129_06cae14a50_c.jpg

14969541241_31d83b85d2_c.jpg

I believe this setup is ideal for classic Era and i tried to be more close to what the interiors were looking back then and i am satisfied..:)

Hope you like it...

Cheers!

IF you have any advise and suggestion, i will be so happy to listen to it :)

Please do that!

Cheers

Edited by VintageLegoEra

Here are some modification, i added some more interior features like: Bed, dinning table,...etc:

1st Floor:

15395771371_ecde8488f0_b.jpg

15395768651_7ea8cb5865_b.jpg

*Changed the order of the Furnitures and added some more cool features.

2nd Floor:

15395778751_894c065380_b.jpg

15398623972_63bb5b14b4_b.jpg

* Changed the design, order of the furnitures and modified the piece of art ( ship in glass ) so it look more professional.

3rd Floor:

15395780991_7943d4d7ea_b.jpgr

* Added Bed and small Bed-drawer with Lamp

Back Yard:

15395764881_d744afd19a_b.jpg

* And here made the use of empty space on the back with sitting area and flowers

I hope you liked it and let me know with any suggestions!

Regards

Edited by VintageLegoEra

I never saw a lego radiator like the one on the wall, beautiful.

Thanks mate!...the radiator was inspired from the GG set. I love how it is built..so realistic