Dr Leg O Brick

Star Trek The Original Series customs

14527921744_7009e98b61_z.jpg

"Door slams

Music starts"

14506303236_4412a9d4e2_z.jpg

"My greetings and felicitations to you all.

How great of you to drop in, how absolutely smashing.

General Trelane, retired, at your service, my home is your home."

14549538473_631c0eb6fe_z.jpg

"Welcome to an island of peace on my stormy little planet called Gothos."

14506328706_9331477fae_z.jpg

"Retired sir, just squire now, and you may call me squire, yes I rather fancy that."

14506335786_2d65ffef50_z.jpg

"You must excuse my whimsical way of fetching you here, but when I saw you passing by I simply could not resist!

I can't tell you how delighted I am to have visitors from the very planet I've made my hobby."

14342851129_715c5cf30c_z.jpg

"Ah yes, I've been looking on the lively adventures of your little earth!

Oh really, have I made an error in time?

How fallible of me, oh I so wanted you to feel at home."

14342891358_5c819f0600_z.jpg

"I must say say they make a perfectly exquisite display pair, but I suppose you want to see the rest, I'm quite proud of the detail."

14526088011_c48b3b44e4_z.jpg

"Imprisoned? Nonsense!

Your my guests! "

So, next up in my Star Trek marathon, TOS, the original series, or as Mr Scott said:

"N-C-C one seven oh one. No bloody A, B, C or D."

Before, I start, no Uhura. I still need to get Storm's head, so she's omitted. I want to do my best in making these, so instead of a half made figure I made the move to leave her out. She will be made, though.

Also, descriptions will be sparse. It's after twelve here in the UK, and I've been working on these for two hours, so I'll come back and edit these later.

14506385006_7b0aa9a5ba_z.jpg

Captain Kirk

"I'M CAPTAIN KIRK!!!"

14342889920_37e35a691c_z.jpg

Commander Spock

​"Fascinating."

14343099277_f88ac92d76_z.jpg

Dr McCoy

"In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.

Don't destroy the one named Kirk."

14528548612_332df1fba0_z.jpg

Lt Commander Scott (Scotty)

"I canna change the law of physics! I've got to have 30 minutes!"

14342978279_a8b393b940_z.jpg

Lt Sulu

"Don't call me Tiny"

14529594645_76f7d137f5_z.jpg

Ensign Chekov

"Give some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov. Marrow sample, Chekov. Skin sample, Chekov. If-if I live long enough, I'm going to run out of samples."

14343008879_8e31f83ce9_z.jpg

Nurse Chapel

"[scott enters Sickbay and sees Nurse Chapel slapping the unconscious Mr. Spock] What are you doing, woman?

Leave me alone!

Have ya gone daft?

Mr. Spock needs me!"

14506530076_9f64b64ff7_z.jpg

Lt Kyle

14549769793_f8c8a59163_z.jpg

Not "technically" all redshirts, but still background characters. Guess who's going with the big three down to the "not so hostile" hostile planet to die? You never know, it maybe season 1, and it'll be the guy on the far left...

(the legs look terrible on the woman on the right, I'm fixing them now so ignore the messiness of it.)

14549789693_45a4dfbcf3_z.jpg

Kor, Koloth, and Kang (WIP)

14526297901_1fbe9f603f_z.jpg

Trelane, retired

14343248047_3ed712f9d8_z.jpg

Khan

"I have five times your strength. You're no match for me!"

14343256767_8e75b8b642_z.jpg

Gary Seven (I really need a Lego pen and a black cat now)

14343069158_c2ed2e0ca0_z.jpg

He's dead Jim (you grab his keys, I'll grab his wallet)

Credit for the uniforms goes to the designer of the stickers I got. Credit for how to do the skirt designs on Nurse Chapel, the Yeoman, and future figs, was an idea my girlfriend gave me while I showed her some of my Superhero figs (it's a similar technique I use for adding boots to various superheroes).

Comments? Criticisms? Suggestions? Questions? Anything, either way, is always welcomed. Sorry in advance for any spelling and grammar mistakes,

Enjoy!!

Fantastic work! Though not being a fan of Star Trek. These figs are instantly easy to see who they portray. (I know this because I watched about 4 hours of the original series and after that was a Batman '66 marathon.)

Thank you both! I tried more than any other of my Star Trek series to get them as accurate as possible, and I think it turned out great. Thanks for the feedback!

I'm feeling like an idiot at the moment, I forgot to upload some pictures last night, I only realised this morning. Anyway, here they are:

"Have no fear, O'Riley's here, and one Irishman is worth ten thousand of you. "

14346193117_868da309aa_z.jpg

Lt Kevin Riley (yes, the Irishman in the engine room singing "I'll take you home again, Kathleen", who nearly crashes the Enterprise into Psi 2000. He also nearly gets killed by a mass murderer, but that's a different story.)

"And now, crew, I will render 'Kathleen'... ONE MORE TIME!"

"Please, not again."

14529316891_293e8e0469_z.jpg

Battle damaged Kirk

14532736045_cfc0594957_z.jpg

And a back view.

And what would a battle damaged Kirk be without,....

"I weary of the chase. Wait for me. I shall be merciful and quick."

14531288504_55d05ec486_z.jpg

The Gorn Captain

14509676406_ab381d0c04_z.jpg

"This may be my last entry. I am almost exhausted. Unless I find the weapon the Metron mentioned, I have very little time left. Native sulfur, diamonds... This place is a mineralogist's dream! Yet... there is something about sulfur... something very old. Something... if only I could remember."

Enjoy!!

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Brilliant work, Doc. Miles better than what I originally expected. Just one thing, have you tried using the 2012 Robin hair on Spock, that's what I used when I had my customs and I do think that it looks better on him. my favourites are Kirk, Sulu, Gary Seven, Trelane (retired), Kang and Khan. I look forward to what else you have in stored for us. I'll put my guess on who's next into a quote:

"Now listen to this carefully, Norman. I am... lying"

Thanks Rinzler for your kind words. I hadn't considered that hair, I ended up with a whole load of collectable minifig Computer Programmers (12 by my last count, I'll be running NASA next with all those), that use the same hair, so I'll give that a try!

Khan was a complete fluke, I was looking for a blank red torso while digging through a tub of spares and thought, damn, that's pretty close! Ironically, it's a Star Wars torso.

I'm also trying to get this hair (on this guy: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw577) for Khan, very accurate though no doubt expensive.

An upcoming remake picture is coming using Gary Seven and a Space Port set...

You would be correct! A couple of other quotes from people or episodes with characters in that I intend to make:

"What is it?"

It's,

[looks for a label]

uh,

[looks under the bottle; sniffs it]

... It's green."

"Men no longer need die in space or on some alien world! Men can live and go on to achieve greater things than fact-finding and dying for galactic space, which is neither ours to give or to take!"

"That Earth outpost send word to an Earth vessel, now it follows."

"Which neither retreats nor grows near, which turns as we turn. Commander, it is our judgment that we run from a reflection."

"Perhaps so, but my judgment prevails."

Thanks fot the info, Doc, I will have to keep myeye out for those

My guesses on your up and coming OS characters are

• Harry Mudd
  • Dr. Richard Daystrom
  • A Romulan Commander/Romulan Bridge Officer
  • Tomar

One question I forgot to ask, why did you use the Orc armour on the Gorn Captain? There was a Gorn decal in one of the links I showed you, why pay for decals when you can print them for free?

Thanks!! And sorry for the belated reply.

Rinzler, I am impressed by your TOS quote knowledge! You are correct, though I'm more looking at Rojan than Tomar in regard to the Kelvan's. My printers bust, it's been that sort of week(s), so I just grabbed what I could find to take the pics.

A further test of your quote knowledge! These aren't set in stone, as it were, but just a few (highly likely) ideas for the future:

"Approach me!"

"We're busy!"

"Kracko's put the bag on your Captain."

"Why would he put a bag on the Captain?"

"Kidnapped him, you dope."

​"Threats are illogical, and payment is usually expensive."

"[anguished] Don't you think I know that? There was, but not anymore! They called me; they BEGGED me for help, four hundred of them! I couldn't... I-I couldn't..."

"THAT was the equation. EXISTENCE!... SURVIVAL... must cancel out... programming!"

Oh, and I did this earlier. It certainly could be better, and it needs a black cat, but,

14388392987_bcfe204924_z.jpg

"Mrrrwhhhmmm."

"Yes, thank you. I know how to open it."

Enjoy!

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

You're welcome, Doc, I can understand you are working on something big so you don't have to apologize for the belated replies.

The other day I replaced my less-than-perfect Garth Of Izar kreon with Gary Seven, I gave him his cat also, I painted a cat from The Lego Movie CMFs

My guesse for the quotes:

• Apollo (Who Mourns For Adonais)
  • Oxmyx (A Piece Of The Action)
  • Sarek (Journey To Babel)
  • Commodore Matthew Decker (The Doomsday Machine)
  • Ruk (What Are Little Girls Made Of)

I can't wait to see the space port, PM me when it's finished.

Since you've tested my knowledge, I'll test yours. See if you can identify these quotes

"NO KILL I"

"History tends to exaggerate"

"What gives you the right to hand out life and death?"

"The same right that brought you here: the need to know new things."

"We came in peace."

"And you may go in peace."

"Your pain. Share your pain with me, and gain strengh from the sharing"

By the way, Squire Of Gothos is on at 12 o'clock today on CBS Action, don't miss it

Well, I am working on something, but it may not be "big". It requires quite a few parts, and I've had to work three more hours the last month or so at work, hence partly why I've been so quiet. Sounds good, I'm thinking of painting that cat instead of the older version. Maybe both....

Right on all counts!

Just to clear possible confusion up, the Space Port's one for my City, a stone knives and bear skins port compared to TOS. Still, if your interested, just say and I'll fire a PM out to inform you when it's up.

My guesses:

- Horta

- Colonel Green, WW3 mass murderer (I'm actually reading a pretty interesting TOS/TNG/DS9/ENT short story with him in at the moment)

- Kirk and Yarnek, the Excalbian (not sure I've got that spelling correct)

- Sybok? Been awhile since I saw Final Frontier

Thanks for that, are you watching the Galileo Seven that's on now?

May I test your knowledge once more? More ideas from my note book:

"Constantinople, Summer 1334. It marched through the streets, the sewers. It left the city by oxcart, by sea, to kill half of Europe. The rats, rustling and squealing in the night as they, too, died. The rats... "

"You, Captain Kirk, the disobedience was on your orders. Yours is the responsibility. Yours shall be the pattern of your death."

(A harder one) "My first impression WAS correct - you ARE a barbarian."

"He's a fool. A fool! He'd seen those points and he hadn't noticed their condition."

"How do you know?"

"The image of what he'd seen was still in his mind."

(An easy one) "I'm Captain Kirk. I'm Captain Kirk!!!"

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Can't wait to see it

(Raises both arms into the air and jumps, screaming in victory) FREAKING NAILED IT!

You also nailed it Doctor, well done, I just realized that Lego have made a Star Trek minifig already - ABRAHAM LINCOLN!

No, I missed The Galileo Seven but managed to catch The Squire Of Gothos and Arena

Okay, here we go again:

• Flint (Requiem For Methuselah)
  • Melkotian (Spectre Of The Gun)
  • Anan (A Taste Of Armageddon)
  • Dehner & Mitchell (Where No Man Has Gone Before)
  • Captain Kirk (The Enemy Within)

PHEW! Finished, that last one was so hard that I had to Google it. Well, I say Google, I mean Bing

My challenges for you:

"David is dead"

"There's no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy. There is nothing good in war except its ending"

"Don't let these low panel readings bother you. I've seen this before in Vulcans. It's their way of concentrating all their strength, blood and antibodies onto the injured organs - a form of self-induced hypnosis"

"You mean he's conscious?"

"Well, in a sense. He knows we're here and what we're saying, but he can't afford to take his mind from the tissue he's fighting to heal. I suppose he even knows you were holding his hand"

P.S I'm adding another Kre-O decal, come to my discussion and check it out!

Well, I started building, rather than planning yesterday. To quote Captain Sisko, "There comes a time in every man's life when he must stop thinking and start doing". I can post a small teaser, if you like. I've got a few things going on but this, project, has taken priority. It'll perhaps be the end of July/start of August, but it will be done, I hope.

Hahaha, I'm going to have to go out and buy him now!

I was impressed by the special effects they've done for Gothos, the electrical storms etc. I've got the entirety of TOS re-mastered recorded, but it's been a good while since I'd seen Gothos. And Arena was as good as always, just a shame us fans never get a good look at the Gorn ship in the episode.

Correct again! You're giving me a run for my money, as it where.

To answer:

Saavik (Wrath of Khan)

Abraham Lincoln (The Savage Curtain)

Dr M'Benga (A Private Little War, I think?)

And my last batch of quotes, I may add more in a reply though! (Mwhahahaha!)

"You are a superior being. Why do you not command?"

"Still up to your little game of replicas? Which are you this time, real or not?

"You are evidently a suicidal maniac."

"I do not "make off" with things. My need gave me the right to use the ship. Mark the word, sir - the "use" of it."

"You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon."

"taH pagh, taH be?"

I'll go and have a look!

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

By all means, post it.

People have always benn impressed with ST's visual effects, Into Darkness was screwed out of that oscar.(But then again it was also up against Iron Man 3)

You are correct, but Saavik's quote was from Search For Spock, not Wrath Of Khan. Brilliantly done though

(Quietly singing to himself) It's on again, it's on again, whoa

• Romulan Commander (The Enterprise Incident)
  • Captain Kirk & Mr. Atoz (All Our Yesterdays)
  • Lokai (Let That Be Your Last Battlefield)
  • Chancellor Gerkin Gorkon & General Chang (The Undiscovered Country)

I managed to buy Captain Nero and Grasia on Ebay today, I'll let you know when they arrive

I saw your reply, thanks

I also found the 2009 Kirk and Spock figures at Poundworld today, bought them both

Here are my quotes for you:

"Harcourt Fenton Mudd, where have you been? What have you been up to? Have you been drinking again, you miserable sot! You good-for-nothing thing!"

"She urged me on into outer space. Not that she meant to, but with her continual, eternal, confounded nagging... Well, I think of her constantly. And every time I do, I go further out into space."

"You Klingon basterds! You've killed my son!"

"Do you know what you get if you feed a tribble too much?"

"A fat tribble."

"No. You get a bunch of hungry little tribbles."

"I speak of rights. A machine has none. A man must!"

Do your best, my friend

14610440223_4e9a5e2a88_z.jpg

Damn! I'm an idiot! I was watching Wrath Of Khan while posting, everything kind of got messed up in my head. "From hell's heart I stab at thee. For hates sake, I spit my last breath at thee."

Excellent, you'll have to tell me how good they are.

What size, may I ask, are they?

To answer your quotes:

Mudd's wife, Stella Mudd I think, and Mudd (I, Mudd)

Kirk (The Search For Spock)

Kirk and Bones (The trouble with tribbles)

Samuel T Cogley (Court Martial)

Are you challenging me, to a duel, my friend?

Oh well, what the hell, more quotes!

"Even historians... fail to learn from history. They repeat the same mistakes."

"Well, you, you people certainly have interesting problems. I'd, uh... I'd love to stay around to see how your girlfriend works out, but..."

"I said get back to your station."

"No, sir."

"This is mutiny, mister."

"Yes, sir. It is."

"Well, maybe that's okay for someone like you, whose career is winding down. But me, I need some excitement, some adventure... maybe even just a surprise or two."

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH, OOOOH, OOOOH, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! I know what you're (pardon the pun) operating on doctor, I can't wait to see it

You're not an idiot, my friend. Everybody is mistaken in their lives, I watched the JJ Abrams films last night in a marathon.

I will when they arrive

Not sure, they are the larger figures from the line

Correct again, good Doctor, well played

I wasn't but, wait a minuite, are you challenging me? Because I'm game for it

• John Gill (Patterns Of Force)
  • John Christopher (Tomorrow Is Yesterday)
  • Lt. Leslie & Captain Kirk (This Side Of Paradise)
  • 'Mr Adventure' (The Search For Spock)

"You never told me if you had another name"

"You couldn't pronounce it."

"But I caution you: such men dare take what they want"

"Logical, flawlessly logical"

"I am honored."

"Stonn, she is yours. After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Good luck

P.S I was thinking the other day, with TOS, TNG and DS9 done, and Enterprise on the way, will the Abramsverse be done?

I'm glad you approve!

Ah, I know the ones! Great find!

I am. Let the battle commence, as it where!

All correct, damn, I'm going to have to try harder.

To answer:

- Leila and Spock, This Side Of Paradise

- KHAAANNN! (sorry, I couldn't resist), Space Seed

- Spock and T'Pring, Amok Time

Well, to be honest, yes and no, I plan on making maybe Nero, Ambassador Spock and John Harrison, in the future at some point, but beyond that, I'm afraid, no plans for anyone else from the Abrams universe.

I am planing on others from TNG and DS9 though (and of course TOS).

More quotes!

"I just think your behaviour is arrested"

"I ain't never been arrested in my whole life."

"I don't trust men who smile too much"

(This one's a hard one as it's not exactly a TOS quote. I've got to try to outwit you somehow, haven't I? :grin: )

"I was never that young"

"No, you were younger"

"Well, what do you know? I finally got the last word."

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Sorry to intrude on your fun, guys, but I think it would be better if you used this thread for customs and keep the quotes game for the PM system. For entertaining it may be, it's becoming too big a part of your posts here.

Thanks for understanding and co-operating. :classic:

Me too. Expect my answers in a message, Doctor

I'm looking forward to the next batch of minifigs

One question: where's Uhura?!

With Storm's release, we finally have a normal dark-skinned female head available. :wink:

Very true, and thanks Sandy for the comment!

As mentioned in my first post, the price for the Storm head is quite excessive, last time I looked at least, and I'm living of microwaved baked beans as it is! :laugh:

I have made a body, ala Nurse Chapel and the Yeoman in style, but the only way I could have posted a pic was if I used a blank dark skinned head. Uhura deserves more than that, so instead of posting a half done one, I'd thought I'd leave it, hence also why no group shots are present, unlike my other Trek crews I've posted.

I am in the process of acquiring a head, though, but it'll be a few months.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

These are really neat! :thumbup: love the way you started this thread with the Squire of Gothos. :laugh: Quite clever, and would be highly illogical not to. :wink:

These are really neat! :thumbup: love the way you started this thread with the Squire of Gothos. :laugh: Quite clever, and would be highly illogical not to. :wink:

That's what I said!